[ 24 ]

T W E N T Y   -  F O U R
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W E N T Y   -  F O U RTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"YOU SHOULD MOVE INTO my room." Baekhyun told Taehee suddenly while she made lunch. The statement startled her so much that she cut herself cutting the tomatoes. She winced, hissing at the blood that started to surface after a second. Baekhyun hopped off the counter, holding her wrist and examining the cut. He lowered his face to her hand, making her speak up. "I swear if you're going to suck my blood, I will hit you." He paused, lifting his face towards her. "Well now that you make it sound like that I won't." She scrunched her nose up in disgust, watching him get a bandaid from the first aid kit stored in the first cupboard. He peeled away the packaging, taking a tissue and gently pressing the blood away.

He placed the bandaid around her cut neatly, placing a kiss on her finger. "All better." He grinned, his eyes turning into crescents when he saw her pout, trying to ignore her heated cheeks. "I know at the start I said we'll never be in love so we didn't need to share a room... but here we are. Only if you want to though." He started to cut the tomatoes after checking for any spots of blood. Which was hard because it was red on red. Taehee smiled softly, putting some meat on an oiled pan. "Don't be stupid, oppa. I don't mind. My stylists will love turning my room into their workspace for me."

Baekhyun chuckled, washing his hands once he finished his job. He put his hand around her waist, using his free arm to help her cook the large bowl of rice next to the pan full of meat. "I'm glad we let the staff have a day off. I'm sure the maids were tired of taking care of me." It had been four days since the prince had gotten poisoned. Despite his conscious form, he still had a lot of fevers and common flu problems. The maids had done a terrific job in getting him better. Taehee hummed in response: "You're just saying that because you can show your affection even more than usual." He frowned at her remark, removing his hand from her waist.

"I am so offended. You should just appreciate my love without any questions." He told her, kissing her cheek before walking away. "Where are you going?" Taehee asked, her eyes still on the food. "I just need to do something in my studio. I'll be in time for lunch!" He called out.

• • •

Lunch was gone and so was dinner. It made Taehee curious as to why Baekhyun and her were going to his studio. She widened her eyes once she entered the room. It was a music studio. She had never seen his studio before. In a way, she didn't dare to. This was his studio of passion. But what overwhelmed her was the flower petals on the floor and candles on top of the nearby surfaces. "Are you sure those candles are meant to be that close to your machines? Won't they catch on fire?" She asked, making Baekhyun's smug grin fall off his face.

"I did all this and that's what your worried about? I'll just buy new ones. Now... it was a really pity that all of that happened because we never got our dance. So we'll do that today with the sudden rainy weather and dim lights." Taehee smiled at him, sucking in a sharp intake of air. "As great as that sounds... the outfits made the occasion." The prince only smirked in return, pulling out the dress she wore on the day.

"Found this in your walk-in wardrobe. Go get changed."

• • •

"You look beguiling. Even more beautiful without the makeup." Baekhyun said once Taehee entered the room, hiding her sock-covered feet under her dress. The lilac ball gown made her slightly tan skin radiate. The lace and floral designs on her upper body made her look more ethereal. A true image of an angel. "And you look as charming as you did back then. Maybe even more refreshing since you woke up from that incident." He rolled his eyes, eyeing his own outfit. It was a normal black tuxedo. The only thing that made it different was the matching bow tie he wore. He extended his hand out. "Care for a dance, my princess?" He asked, bowing towards her. Taehee smiled widely, putting her own hand into his soft warm palm. "Of course... my prince." The comment made him widen his eyes, not expecting the response she gave.

Baekhyun quickly ran to press play before he held her hand up, wrapping his arm around her waist. The slow classical music had started playing throughout the studio. Their feet moved together in sync, eyes holding each other's warm and tender gazes. It was completely silent except for the volume of the music, the burning of the candle flames and their feet. Taehee could see his eyes clearly in the dull lighting. They weren't empty nor were they cloudy. The prince's dark eyes were full of happiness. And she could tell because she could compare them to before. He had changed.

Baekhyun also saw her clearly that evening. He admired her. He enjoyed the way she had kept her hair down, it matched her pretty neckline. The corners of her lips tugging upwards with each light step of hers. He was fond of how their proximity caused warmth around them. Or how time to time, Taehee would avert her eyes because his gaze overwhelmed her. He also liked how his average height towered over her short figure. He could see the love she had for him clearly because of it. But the prince's most favorite thing about his princess was her light eyes. There were two reasons for it.

One, they were truly light. Her eyes was a mix of green and brown; hazel. Two, they shined light on his darkness. They were one of the things that made him sane now. It kept him to the ground without traveling to the clouds. As the couple swayed gently to the soft tune, Baekhyun removed his warm grip around her waist. Putting her black tresses behind her ear, caressing her cheek with a doting stare. Taehee looked up avert flickering her eyes away. He brought her closer, resting his chin on her head. He could feel her smile as he did the same.

"Thank you for being the best thing that ever happened to me."