[ 17 ]

S E V E N T E EN
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

BAEKHYUN TOLD HER THAT she didn't need to reply yet

BAEKHYUN TOLD HER THAT she didn't need to reply yet. He was the first to leave, after smiling widely at her. Taehee was still trying to process what had happen even if she spent the rest of that morning. She really hoped that he didn't ask her anything during breakfast, but much to her surprise he didn't attend. She asked Sehun why he wasn't there, he said that the prince had to talk to Ms. Oh. Taehee understood though.

Ever since the passing of his father, the parliament had decided that due to his mental state and the passing of the King, he wasn't fit to suddenly take the position of a King. So Taehee, Baekhyun and the President were to make decisions altogether until both of her coronation and wedding. The wedding that was five months away was pushed so only three months were left to plan a wedding that would livestream in every country in the world. "He left this for you." Sehun placed a small wrapped box on the table and left to attend his job around the house. Taehee puffed out her cheeks, breathing in and out slowly. "Why are you doing this to me? I can't even think straight." She murmured to herself.

Her fingers glided the box to her, picking open the gold ribbon bow delicately. Once she had gotten that off, she opened the lid and braced herself. Taehee widened her eyes at the object. It was necklace. It was silver with a charm of the Hibiscus syriacus. Also known as the Korean rose, the national flower of South Korea and the bold part of the royal crest. But even then, it still wasn't just any necklace. She grabbed the note along with it. "I figured that since you love your mom so much without knowing her... I would find the necklace she wore. Queen Heeju had gotten it made for her and I'm sure she would want you to wear it as well." She quietly read out the words and smiled along each one.

"Why does this make my mind and my heart even more confused?" She raised a brow, almost spilling her coffee when her phone rung throughout the big house. But once she read the caller ID, she nearly dropped her phone in her cup. Taehee hesitantly slid her finger across the screen, picking up the call. "Hello?" She greeted unsurely, her voice was very quiet. "Hey. Did you get my gift?" Baekhyun asked, through the phone he sounded very excited and smug. She hummed in response, "It's very nice of you. Thank you." Her tone was awkward yet you could tell she meant it. "No problem. You really should have it. It would make your pretty neckline even more prettier. I just finished the meeting and I'm coming home. Do you need anything?"

Taehee clenched her jaw when she spilt her coffee at the news. Her free hand was slightly burning because of that scalding liquid. "No. Uh- I don't." She internally groaned at her tone of voice. "Okay. Then I'll see you soon, my princess." He hung up instantly after that, probably grinning to himself. Her eyes widened at the phone, "What the hell... is this what normal Baekhyun is like? Because I'm almost starting to miss the player prince."

• • •

"Okay... I'm here. Why did you want to meet in the second gym on the first floor anyways?" Sehun asked, raising his brow at the girl. Taehee pressed her lips, "No one uses this place. You all use the one near your area." She shrugged, making him nod in agreement. She took at seat on one of the benches near the weights. "Okay. So Sehun... you know how you're like my older brother I never had?" She queried slowly, in which the guy nodded as slow as she spoke. Taehee clasped her hands together and got down on her knees. "Please help me! I am so confused on what to do right now."

Sehun immediately stood her up, fearing if anyone else just saw that. "Jesus... what happened to you?" Taehee sucked in a sharp intake of air, looking at him in the eye and exhaling slowly. "Baekhyun may or may not have said he is in love with me." The butler widened his eyes, a happy grin coming onto his face. "Really! That's great news. Why do you need help then? I don't think I can do much about it..." He trailed off in confusion. Taehee glanced around the gym before coming back to him.

"What is love? How do I know I'm in love? How did he figure it out and I can't?" She mumbled, almost pulling her hair out of her head. Sehun blinked blankly, it was an unexpected question. He had never been in love before so he really wasn't experienced in that area. But he knew romance movies and he knew what a crush felt like since the fifth grade. Good enough? He tapped his fingers against the wall as he thought about her question for a moment.

"Hmm... lets put it this way. How does love ever begin? Other than love at first sight because that doesn't count in this example. Love ninety-nine percent of the time begins with a friendship. If this person can't become your friend then you can't fall in love with them." Sehun started to explain until Taehee raised her hand up. "I don't know what earth your living on but I don't think Baekhyun and I were ever friends." She told him with amusement as she watched his face drop and turn annoyed.

"I get what you're trying to say. But think about it, you guys had a love-hate relationship. All the insults and sad moments were apart of your friendship. Love is the happiest and saddest moments of life. Love is much more deeper than the looks, personality and flesh. It's the heart. And every love story begins with a relationship. Love... love is friendship. Because without friendship, love can't happen." Taehee took in his thoughts, thinking about them carefully which made him sigh.

"Okay, at least answer these instead. Does your heart flutter when your around him? Can you be yourself around him? And do you get jealous when girls are around him?" Taehee looked at him blankly before attempting to answer his stupid questions. She thought back to the last two months she had spent with Baekhyun. "I think I have three yeses." Sehun smiled at her answer, "Then you definitely like him. Just think about what I said before about love. If you can be there in his happiest and sad moments without even thinking leaving him. You, my lovely sister-like friend, are in love."

"Moreover, if you plan to sleep with someone else, then don't bother saying it back."