[ 07 ]

S E V EN
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"CAN YOU AT LEAST let me focus if you're not going to do any work?" Taehee finally snapped at him

"CAN YOU AT LEAST let me focus if you're not going to do any work?" Taehee finally snapped at him. The two were in the study of Baekhyun's house. Ms. Jung advised for the two royals to work on getting to know each other by filling out some sheets. But the prince was making paper planes out of the spare lined paper and shooting them at the wall like a bored teenage student. "Fine... what's the next question?" He mumbled out with no interest, he didn't look forward to meeting a grumpy princess. Taehee's eyes flickered over the sentence. "Favorite music genre?" She asked flatly, he cocked his brow up. Pulling his chair towards her and taking a look at the question himself. "You put 'I dabble in everything'? Really? You need to go partying more. I like EDM, Hip-hop, pop, jazz, classical music and a bit of K-pop."

Taehee wrote down his noted genres, not noticing how his eyes traveled over her handwriting. It was pretty. Her Korean characters were neat, tidy, and soft in a way. "Favorite actress or actor? Well if we're talking about the ones I've banged—" She interrupted him by saying, "We're not." Baekhyun rolled his eyes before continuing, "I would say Bae Suzy in that case. But if we're really talking about our favorites, then Lee Sungkyung. She's hot and pretty." Taehee blinked blankly at him, "She's taller than you but of course you would. A Korean prince is still a male, I always forget that. I personally really enjoy Nam Joohyuk, Park Hyungsik and Seo Kangjoon. Park Chanyeol isn't too bad either."

Baekhyun frowned at the name, "Really? Park Chanyeol? My best friend?" Taehee raised a brow, curiously circulating her mind. "A prince's best friend is an actor? You'd think it would be your butler or something."

"Oh yeah... the butler's coming back today. He was on his holiday."

• • •

Taehee looked around for one of the maids, she wanted to ask a question. But it seemed like they were too busy as she couldn't find even a butler around. That was until she stumbled upon a tall slender man cleaning the windows in the living room. "Excuse me?" Her soft voice asked, startling the cleaner and making him fumble his way down the small ladder. "Your highness! I believe we haven't met. I'm Oh Sehun, the Byun royal family's butler." He bowed slightly, she returned the gesture, wincing at the formality. But the name made her confused, "Oh Sehun? Are you perhaps Ms. Oh's son?" She queried, taking a seat on the couch.

A small smile graced his face, "Yes, your highness. The Oh family has taken care of the Byun family for centuries. Did you need anything?" He asked, standing by the couch ready to be ordered around. Taehee suddenly remembered what she wanted to ask the maids, "Yes! You know the empty studio on the first floor? Baekhyun said I could use it. I wanted to make it into an art studio. I needed some help to get the equipment."

• • •

That conversation resulted in how Taehee landed in an expensive art store with the family butler and two bodyguards waiting outside the store at three in the afternoon. "Do you think it's okay if I get a vary of these canvases stored at the studio? Or should I buy only three?" She asked Sehun after being unable to pick just a few. He looked at the other customers in the store, he had gained a lot of attention for just wearing a white tucked in shirt and black pants. She chuckled lightly, clicking his fingers in front of him to wake him out of his trance. "Oh! Sorry, your highness. I think you should just buy some for now and I'll send the rest to get any others you want." She nodded slowly, picking out some while she spoke. "It seems like you've garnered quite the attention. Also, don't call me that. I would prefer you would call me by my name."

Sehun raised a brow, "But—" She shook her head to cut him off, "No ifs or buts. It's a princess' order." She winked cheekily, it almost made him want to laugh lightly. "Okay your h- I mean Taehee." He tried to sound out the name which came off awkwardly. He quickly followed after her after he realized she went to the paint brushes. He observed the princess, watching her pick out different brushes that all actually looked the same. But clearly she knew what she was doing. "Can I ask if you majored in Art in Goyang? You seem like you know a lot about it." Taehee put the several brushes in the basket he was holding and looked up at him.

"I did. Also my aunt's job is being an artist. I guess it ran through my dad's side of the family. Luckily I was just attending my extra classes. I graduated last month." Sehun nodded in understanding, walking over to the paint sections. Raising a brow at several types of paints: oil painting, watercolors, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco and gouache. What was any of this? Taehee picked out the ones she wanted, except for some that were on the top shelf she couldn't reach. Even on the tips of her toes, she barely grazed the tubes. Sehun smiled softly, reaching past her hand to grab the three she wanted and put them in the basket.

"Thank you. I swear being short is a curse sometimes. I wonder what it would be like to be your height." This actually made the butler laugh, which made Taehee glad as she didn't want the maids and butlers to just follow her orders. She wanted to be friends with them. "I don't think I should say this. But short people are cute and your mother was beautiful according to my dad. I think I get the resemblance." She grinned at his answer, "That was a nice answer. Thank you for that. Now we just need to get these checked out." He nodded taking the basket to the check out.

She could immediately see the cashier bow slightly before doing her job. "That will be five-hundred and three dollars and twenty five cents." Taehee almost lost her soul right there and then when Sehun pulled out a black credit card. And he noticed that look on her face. "Don't worry. It's assigned to us only if you and his highness need something to be bought."

"Man, I wish that was your actual credit card. I really do."