[ 04 ]

F O U R
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE going to by okay by yourself?" Taehee asked her aunt, standing at the footstep of her house

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE going to by okay by yourself?" Taehee asked her aunt, standing at the footstep of her house. Her aunt chuckled, bringing her into a tight hug. "I'm going to be fine, Taehee. If you visit after your marriage, knock before you come in. Unless you want to see a naked guy, then don't." She winced at the sounds of her marriage and the latter. She still hadn't wrapped her head around the fact she was getting married and their was truly no way out of it. "I don't think I'll visit ever again." She jokingly said, making her aunt lightly punch her. "You better. I'll miss you. I'll come by once or twice before attending your wedding." Taehee pulled away from the hug, waving goodbye before the guard she met two days ago opened the door for her. More specifically, it was the guard on the right. The one who called her adorable and short. When she entered the limo, she was met with Ms. Oh, who she found out was like the King's secretary. Speaking of which, she had discovered the Byun royal family. She didn't know too much about them. Just that they existed.

"Thank god you take after your mother, your highness. Otherwise, we would have to give you a full makeover like the girl in 'The Princess Diaries'. Which was very exaggerated." She chuckled, going through papers as she talked. Taehee pressed her lips on a line, nodding awkwardly. "Please just call me Taehee. I kind of feel uncomfortable with the formalities." Ms. Oh looked at the two guards who were seated in front of her. "I'm afraid we can't do that. But we can call you princess by rules." The female nodded in agreement. "Can you tell me more about my 'fiancé'? Byun Baekhyun was it?" Ms. Oh chuckled at the name.

"Ahh... Prince Baekhyun. He's the pride of South Korea, I'm surprised you haven't seen him on TV for his infamous acts. He's what we call a king in progress. Many kings in South Korea and other countries rebelled as princes before maturing into a king. Most cases they realized they had told deal with it or they fell in love with the right person. The prince is a ladies man, I think you call them 'players' or 'bad boys'?" Taehee nodded, turning her head to look out the window. "Or fuckboys." Ms. Oh winced at the word, "The only thing you two will have in common is your foul language, princess." She took a glance at the secretary, a small smile ghosted over her face. "Please refrain yourself from swearing too much. Swearing for you is banned in public. But it's pretty much unlimited when you're out of the public eye. Also, if you think your wardrobe of black and white shirts and blue jeans make the cut for a princess' wardrobe... you're wrong. That'll be the first thing we rectify."

"Anyways back to the prince. Prince Baekhyun is a sexually driven man, he often is out clubbing, drinking and engaging himself in sexual activities. But he won't touch you until your married. The closest you two get is holding hands, hugs, hands around your waist and pecks here and there for the public. Also, his father would probably murder him. The King thinks of you as his own daughter ever since he found out about you. He knows you aren't accustomed to the royal life, which is why we have study lessons for you to learn about the royal life. It ranges from English to which spoon to use to eat a sundae." Taehee pouted at her description of the prince, she hadn't seen him but he sounded terrible. "He's everything I wouldn't want in my husband."

"Huh? Oh! Don't worry about the prince too much. Even if he is very um- childish?- he is a very humble prince. He follows his duties out well. Despite his rebellion, he has his eyes out for charities and children. He was also a great student growing up. Two years ago he graduated university, majoring in Music. Prince Baekhyun has both the qualities of a good prince and a bad one. It's up to you to decide which one you'll being out of him as his Queen."

• • •

Around forty minutes had passed in that limo and finally they had arrived in Bucheon. Where the royal families originated. Much to her surprise, the moment she took a step outside the limo, Taehee was bombarded with the flashes of cameras and reporters yelling. They were only just outside the gate of the palace. "Dammit. Someone always finds out something. Stupid reporters." Ms. Oh mumbled under her breath, making the princess laugh lightly. "Keep your head up, your highness— I mean princess. You can't hide away from the cameras. Be proud and conservative. Small smiles and if you slightly turn your hand with little waves. Kind of like the movies, that would do." Ms. Oh gave an encouraging smile, walking along with the girl. Taehee titled her chin up, facing the yells and flashes. The two guards walked with her, one in front while one in the back.

"Ms. Oh, is this the unknown princess?!"

"If she is Hwang royalty, what happens to the king?!"

"Why did you just find out about her now?"

"Princess! What's your name, your highness?!"

"Her name is Princess Eun Taehee. A statement about this will be released tomorrow about who she is and why she was hidden for such a long time. Thank you." Ms. Oh's loud voice sent shivers down everyone's spines. The six guards that protected the gate opened it for the five people. Bowing towards Taehee, watching the reporters refused to take a step further as they knew the consequence of barging into the palace. "Wear your coat please. It's best to look presentable for the King and it's starting to get chilly in November." Taehee was about to shrug on the black long coat before the guard from the left put it on her for her.

"Princess Taehee. Welcome to the royal palace."