[ 06 ]

S I X
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

TAEHEE GRUMBLED AT THE thought of living with Baekhyun

TAEHEE GRUMBLED AT THE thought of living with Baekhyun. When his father and Ms. Oh told her that she will be living in his house in order to get to know him and get use to the house she would be staying at after she married him, she really wanted to scream. But she composed herself, especially when Baekhyun had returned dried and clean. The change of clothes made his father and Ms. Oh raised a brow but dismissed the questionable event. A sweet forced smile came from her as she said she would live with Baekhyun.

Who didn't even both hiding his annoyance by groaning louder, but he didn't disagree due to his father's glowering eyes. "Stop grumbling. It's not like I like this any more than you do." He muttered, exasperation leaving his tone. She rolled her eyes, knowing very well that at one point she would have to maintain at least a decent form of friendship with him in order to live. His personal driver stopped the Lamborghini Aventador Roadster, arriving to the destination. Taehee still couldn't believe he had a personal driver that drives his sports car.

The driver hopped out of the car, opening the door from Taehee's side. She took a step out, widening her eyes at the large mansion in front of her. Baekhyun smirked at her reaction, "It's beautiful, isn't it? It costed ten billion won to make. Rightfully so. I wanted intricate floorings and a modern mansion with hints of traditional Korean houses. And I—" Taehee cut him off, walking along his side when the guards opened the door from the mini shed like building, allowing them to enter. "I didn't ask Leonardo da Vinci." She mocked, bowing her head to the security guards who looked like they could crush anyone in seconds with their plain eyes. Baekhyun clicked his tongue, narrowing his eyes at her. "But I do have a question. Why have a such a big house when you live alone?"

"I don't live alone. A small part of the house is the maids quarter. All the maids, butlers and chefs live there. The guards have a small house over there." He pointed at the shorter building next to it. Which still looked expensive. Taehee chuckled at him, "It sounds even more generous when you say it." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, restraining himself from yelling at her. The doors to his house were opened by his maids, the duo entered the mansion. She followed him up the stairs, "The room over there is yours. I assume the maids already put your luggage in there. If you ever need me, and I hope you don't, I'll be in this room that is five meters away from you. It'll probably stay like this since we won't be in love or anything after marrying each other."

• • •

"As a princess, you have to follow certain rules. In here are several for you to read, but let me list the most important ones. One, you will always wear gloves on your hands. This prevents any diseases or sickness that the public may hold being transferred to you. We certainly don't need you to get sick let alone be hospitalized. Two, no autographs or selfies. Your signature can be forged if you give it out. And as a royal, your signature is very precious, powerful and crucial. No selfies with the public because it isn't formal as a princess. Three, whenever you are in public, your wardrobe will be taken care of by your assigned stylist otherwise you are free to wear what you want at home. Four, we do not promote heavy makeup. A red lip is never sported by a princess. Five, since you are being forced into this marriage by law, you are allowed to have an affair by choice but it should remain top secret. That's it for now, I'll go on to show you how you should pose in front of the public and cameras."

Taehee observed her tutor, Ms. Jung, following her delicate actions. The crossing of the ankles when seated, the soft eyes and smile, and most importantly the slight wave of the hands. "This spoon is used for dishes like custard, fruit salad. The smaller one is for foods like jelly, pudding or sundaes." The princess blinked at her with confusion.

Why were there so many spoons? And why was each one used for different foods? What was the purpose? Ms. Jung giggled lightly at the frozen pair of eyes, "Your highness, that book is there to guide you. Please don't fret. I wrote that book to help people with higher statuses who need it. And you definitely fit it. Take your time reading it. Learn the ways for royalty."

Taehee raised her hand awkwardly, "Can I ask something? Will you make me lose weight? I know I'm a bit short and a bit chubby, so I don't fit the Korean beauty standard. But I'd rather stay this. How am I meant to fit a Korean princess' beauty standard?!" She gaped, her mind hurting for every second she thought about it. Ms. Jung smiled softly, taking a seat in front of her. "Don't worry about that, your highness. You're just like your mother. Your mother was bashed a lot by the media back then. She looked beautiful despite the comments made. Regardless, the media was harsh so the Queen made her lose weight, but the King wants you to act and dress like a princess. He doesn't want us to carve you into perfection. Because if you are truly Hwang royalty, you'll find that path easily without changing yourself."

Taehee thought about her explanation, realistically speaking if it wasn't for the agreement, Baekhyun wouldn't even bat an eye towards her. The poor guy couldn't even divorce her because of the agreement. The agreement was basically a perfect business plan. Get two heirs in line married, make them a King and Queen, make heirs and design a similar agreement to another royal family. The only rules: you have to marry the next heir in line, make future heirs and you cannot divorce each other. Cruel? Yes it was. But agreements like this had been going on for decades. A sigh escaped her lips as she mumbled to herself.

"I almost feel bad for him."