[ 10 ]

T E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

( what an ethereal gif )

AFTER THE SOB STORY she was told yesterday, Taehee couldn't help but see Baekhyun in a sad light. The two dance instructors left on their break for a hour and a half, telling the duo the keep practicing their dancing for royal ball that would be held in a few months. While the two silently practiced, he raised a brow at her. "Why are you not throwing any insults like you did two days ago? Please tell me you aren't pissed because of that argument about video games. I still stand by the fact that they bring people closer." Taehee observed him carefully, she felt kind of sick to throw an insult at the guy who had lost so much. But if she didn't say anything, he would immediately know she was hiding something.

"No they make people lonely. That's why your only friend is Park Chanyeol and you have sex all the time and only go clubbing because of the girls." She retorted even though she knew it was pretty weak. Baekhyun danced lightly on his feet to the smooth music, "It's not my fault girls come to me." He whispered in her ear, easily able to do so as they were so close to each other. He twirled her around before she came back to him. "You're disgusting. How can you be that horny? Don't you get tired of having sex like four times every week?" He looked at her with his dark eyes, she could tell they were growing cold again. "First, it's not disgusting, it's human instinct. Two, I'm not horny twenty-four seven. Because three, I only have sex like once a week as I know how to pleasure myself." Taehee scrunched her nose up, her stomach churning in nauseous turns.

"Yeah... definitely not horny. Oops- sorry!" She apologized when she stood on his foot for the fifth time. He clenched his jaw, not even bothering to let out a groan like he did for the first three times. "How can you be this bad at the Royal Waltz?" The question made Taehee's eyes twitch, she pressed her lips, trying to stop herself from spitting out something harsh. Baekhyun watched her in amusement, he tilted his head and spoke: "What? Cat got your tongue?" She gave him a sweet smile before purposely digging her heel into his foot. This time since it was intended, the pain was more severe. Making him lose control of his spin that he was about to make her do.

Taehee braced herself for the impact of the polished dance floor but it never came. As she felt a hand wrap around her waist and another her back. She peeked her eye open, immediately seeing the prince's face hover above hers. Slowly he raised her up, both parties were holding each other's gaze intensely. He yanked her closer to his body, his fingers climbing up the fabric of her shirt. Her breath hitched as he dangerously neared his face. "You shouldn't of worn a shirt that barely meets your trousers. My hand can slip right through it." His fingers ascended up her shirt, feeling her bare back and spine. The hairs on Taehee's body stood straight as she froze. Slowly he brushed his way back, pulling the shirt down and letting her go. "I-It wasn't m-my fault they suddenly asked us to practice. Otherwise I-I would have changed, you pervert."

The corners of Baekhyun's lips tugged upwards, enjoying her flustered expression. Especially her rosy cheeks. He took a step forward, "Is it really?" He asked, taking more steps forward when she took one back. He put his hand on the mirror of the dance room once she hit her back on it. Again he came close to her, lowering his head to meet her height. "It just be fun isn't it?" Taehee suddenly said, making him cock a brow at her confident tone. "To meet the opinions of what people think about you?" Baekhyun's face dropped, his dark eyes locking any door of emotion. They were empty. He stepped away, a soulless smirk crossing his face.

"It is. It's fun messing with you."

• • •

Dinner at the 'couple's' house was more quieter than usual. Normally some comments were thrown at each other, but ever since the ballroom situation, both parties had been extremely silent. Baekhyun quietly slurped on the the beef noodles made by the chefs today who added vanilla ice cream with real gold flakes as dessert. Taehee winced at the loud sounds he made, but she had finally managed to figure out why he acted the way he did. Baekhyun didn't just take people's thoughts and opinions into consideration. He took the public, the royal staff and had father's opinions on him and his older brother. Baekbeom played the golden child while Baekhyun was the complete opposite. He wanted to be like his older brother more than anything. But the passing of his brother made him feed into people's comments. Instead of making his own image, he created one based off of what people thought he was.

A two faced prince. Humble on the outside, a disappointment on the inside. A fuckboy just like Taehee thought. But kindhearted like Ms. Oh said he was.

Taehee knew that the chefs wouldn't clean up until a half hour passes, so she wasn't afraid to speak up. "It's your brother isn't it? You're afraid you'll never be able to live up to the standard he set." Baekhyun stopped chewing, looking at his plate with still eyes. His hand trembled slightly, averting his gaze slowly to her: "You don't know anything. You've only been here for what? Four weeks? A month? So don't act like you know." Taehee flinched at his sharp cold voice, but composed herself after it. She pointed her chopsticks at him, her fierce gaze made his eyes widen. "I don't need to know everything. From our first meeting, you said it all. I just needed to piece together some extra information. You told me that first time, that you were sick and tired of people's opinions."

"Even if I did. Don't meddle with my life. You're just a middle-class girl who didn't know her true identity that I'm being forced to marry." For some reason, that hurt both of their hearts. Taehee pressed her lips tighter, nodding slowly: "You're right. I'm just some girl that had to change her whole lifestyle to get married to you and rule a country along with a dickhead. Nothing too big." Baekhyun paused at the sound of her swearing, if the situation was normal right now he would have teased her for it. But this was something else. And he knew he shouldn't of said what he said. "Look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean—"

"No. Don't be. Didn't I tell you I was used to this? You're just like everyone else. There's nothing wrong with that."