[ 16 ]

S I X T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

S I X T E E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

IT WAS ANOTHER SUNNY day in Bucheon. Except the situation didn't fit the happy atmosphere. Dressed in dark colors, Taehee and Baekhyun stood in a place where the King's coffin was right in front of them. The whole royal staff attended the funeral to show their condolences. Even Kings and Queens, princes and princesses all around Asia and some European royalties had attended. Taehee watched Baekhyun make his way up to say his speech about his father. It took him a long time to write it as he refused any help. The speech was full of his emotions and it made the whole situation even more sadder. Baekhyun didn't allow his uncle, aunt and cousins to attend. They were probably smiling somewhere. While he spoke, Taehee thought about the letter she got yesterday.

"Dear, Taehee,

My dear, the reason I have written this letter is because I know I'm going to die. As absurd as it sounds, I can feel it. And for that very reason, I have to tell you something. I've known, since the day you met Baekhyun, that you two really didn't get along. Ms. Oh and I watched your first encounter with amusement. It was even better when I watched you push my son into the pond. But it was also at that time, I knew that you were the one. You, Princess Eun Taehee, were going to change my son's life whether you know it or not.

But I must get one thing straight with you. My son, Byun Baekhyun, isn't as bad as you see him. I know. It sounds shocking coming from me. From birth, he was our family's powerhouse. He always knew how to fix the mood. Of course rebellion was slightly apart of it, but it made sense because he was a teenager. He had a beautiful box smile and his dark eyes could light up very well. But this powerhouse lost his energy, his warmth and his happiness. It was first visible when his mother died years ago. It was the start of his cold exterior. He didn't enjoy simple activities like his passion for Hapkido and Aikido (martial arts). But it got worse a few ears ago when his brother had passed away. And the cause of his death was murder by his own cousin as you know. His joy for music faded as he relaxed it with partying, drinking and girls.