[ 09 ]

N I N E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

IT TURNED OUT WHAT Baekhyun told Taehee was going to happen

IT TURNED OUT WHAT Baekhyun told Taehee was going to happen... did end up happening. The two were at each others necks, not in a good way of course, arguing on whether video games made people lonely or not. The prince obviously defended himself and every teenager who went to an internet cafe instead of studying. While the princess retorted in saying this is why so many people drop out of school and get depression. She said, "Video games are so violent, sexual and just terrible! Why not focus on something like art, dancing, or writing? Something that paints bright colors rather than grey, black and white." The conversation ended with a huff from the male, who left the house to go play video games with his friends. "I'm going to go get 'depressed' since I can't drop out of a school." It was around thirty minutes after, nine in the morning as Taehee was clean and dressed for today, when Sehun told her that the King had sent her a package.

She took the small yet kind of heavy box to her room. There was a letter on top of the lid from the King himself. "I know you don't know too much about your parents. But here were all the things I thought would be useful. What makes it more special is that in 1994, both of your parents wrote you a letter to your twenty-three-year-old self. I hope you discover a lot. And if you need anything else, just ask Sehun." She read out loud in her bedroom. The thought of what could be in that box scared her. She breathed out unsteadily before opening the container. Taehee was first greeted a photo of her mother and father. They looked so happy as they held the baby version of her. It was the first time she had really seen a photo of her father.

After staring at the photo, she put it aside on her desk. Taehee found the letters addressed to her twenty-three-year-old self. Which made her wonder why they did so? Did they somehow predict the future? Was their favorite number three as well? She opened her mother's first, unfolding the paper. Her mother's handwriting was like hers. Soft, small and clean.

"Dear my sweetest child, Taehee,

You are twenty-three! You truly are an adult. The reason me and your father are writing these letters is because of our fear that you have grown up without truly knowing us. A royal life is truly chaotic, somehow even when you have everything, life just seems to get worse. Also, three was our favorite number so we wanted to address you at this older age. Today, I want to tell you my story. I probably will never tell you this in real life, because I don't want you to fear your duties. I was only five when your grandmother explained the importance of this role. The role of being a princess. The reason this was so important is because my two older sisters and brother exiled their titles. I was faced by the sudden pressure of being the only heir that could fill the throne and make more heirs.