[ 25 ]

T W E N T Y  -  FIVE
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

( i skimmed the wiki article on queen elizabeth II's coronation so nothing is right here )

a/n: thanks for 2k and 3k reads by the way! i love you all <3

IT HAD BEEN ALMOST a full month since the attempt of Baekhyun's murder. Almost three months since the passing of his father. And as rushed as this event seemed, South Korea was in dire need of a strong ruler. That's right. Today was the coronation of the current heir to the throne. Needless to say, she was absolutely terrified. Whether she thought she was ready or not, she had to rule. And she was glad that people thought she could take care of the country. It was indeed a honor.

The coronation had been going on for almost three hours now and the crown hadn't even been bestowed upon her head. In coronations, it wasn't just about the crown. There was a full procession with sailors, soldiers, and airmen and women from the higher rankings of the government as well as guests and officials who covered over five miles before fifteen million spectators gathered in the streets of, some even camped overnight in their spot to ensure a view of the monarch while the rest of the forty-five million citizens watched at home. Broadcasters were capturing the whole thing with fancy cameras on machines, wheeling them around the streets of Gyeonggi Province.

But the moment had finally come. After many oaths, promises and songs by a lovely choir, the crowning ceremony had begun. Taehee discreetly let out a rough sigh, the queen's jewelry and the crimson cape she wore was removed as she was seated into the Coronation Chair. The same chair her mother had sat in. She looked to her side, meeting Baekhyun's proud expression. He mouthed a "Fighting", waving his hand cutely and quickly averting his eyes to the Archbishop of Bucheon. A small smile played on her lips, taking in a deep breath.

The official crowd, which consisted of high officials, commissioners and foreign royalty, began to chant "God save the queen!" They did so three times when that crown touched her head exactly. The officials gathered together, then putting on their coronets and a 21-gun-salute was fired from Namsan Tower.

She gave the crowd and cameras a ninety-degree bow, keeping a modest smile at the applauds. Taehee watched as the Archbishop of Bucheon stood on the altar. "Princess Eun Taehee, you are officially queen from this day forward. Prince Baekhyun, you are only known clearly as King when you marry Queen Taehee. As of now, you are a claimed king."

• • •

"Your majesty." Chanyeol bowed with a humorous tone. Taehee and Baekhyun attended a sort of after party. Meeting important people and guests. "Please don't start, oppa. I'm already losing my breath as it is." Her voice was high pitched as she whispered to him. The actor raised a brow at the prince, who had a sheepish smile tugging at his lips. "She's feeling a bit pressured because she made a lot of promises to some other queens and kings from other countries. She said she doesn't drink, so she had two anti-anxiety pills. Oh- it's three now." He widened his eyes, rubbing her back soothingly. The prince's best friend blinked blankly, scratching the back of his neck guiltily. Baekhyun narrowed his dark eyes, looking at him in suspicion. "What did you do?"

"This may or may not be a bad time to say that your aunt and friends from home are here. Surprise!" He rapidly moved his jazz hands, giving a nervous expression towards Taehee. Who eyes enlarged when the tall, elf like male moved away, revealing the mentioned guests. "Oh my god... I thought you guys would only come to the wedding or something. It's been so long, Kyungsoo oppa, Sunyoung unnie, Jongdae oppa, Jihyo." The four friends smiled widely, bowing to the girl. "Your majesty."

"Oh stop! Bring it in." She opened her arms wide, hugging them all with her glove covered hands. Her aunt gave her a tight squeeze, gently rubbing the back of her head. "Why would we miss the first biggest day of your life?" She directed the teasing comment to Baekhyun, who only chuckled lightly in response. The prince shook the males' hands firmly, bowing his head slightly to the two females in acknowledgement. It didn't take long for Kyungsoo and Jongdae to take him aside and have a lengthy conversation about protecting Taehee. Who giggled at his stressed face from a far. "So ladies... what have I missed in the good old Goyang?"

Her two friends exchanged nervous looks with each other and her aunt. Taehee cocked a brow at them, thanking the waiter who brought meals to the table they sat at. Sunyoung faked a cough, mutter something along the lines of: "Jongdae and I. Um we're together." But the queen caught it clearly. She gasped in disbelief, "Really, unnie (older sister)?! No way... I'm so happy for you two. So Jihyo... Kyungsoo oppa and you?" She asked the twenty-two-year-old girl, who blushed at her question. She shyly nodded, making the three females coo at her flustered face. The two embarrassed friends darted their eyes to Taehee's aunt who still laughed lightly, downing a shot of alcohol.

She paused when she reached for another shot glass, looking at the young staring girls. "What?" Her voice queried meekly, putting the burning liquid down her throat. Taehee winced at the knowing daggers her friends shot at her aunt. Gokyun rested her hands on the table in a calm manner, clearing her throat and holding her royal niece's gaze. "So... I met this guy- wait don't say anything yet." She warned the queen, who sealed her lips after that comment was made. "At first, it was purely sex. But I don't know... I guess I just found myself falling in love with him. We're so serious that he moved in with me! So serious!" Taehee snickered at her comedic aunt, ignoring the first statement.

Taehee was happy that everyone else was happy. Her friends fell in love with each other. Her aunt found a possible uncle for the queen. And she had also fallen in love with Baekhyun. Have you ever heard of 'regression to the mean'? It meant that no matter how bad things got or how good, things would always come back to the middle. And that was how she felt. After some struggles, she had gotten to the satisfactory point in her life. Where everything was going fine. And she couldn't wait to see where the scale tipped.

But she hoped it tipped to the good side. She felt like Baekhyun deserved it.

She didn't need anything good happening to her. After all, he filled that spot.

 After all, he filled that spot