[ 14 ]

F O U R T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

THE SUN FROM HIS open blinds struck Baekhyun in his face

THE SUN FROM HIS open blinds struck Baekhyun in his face. He groaned when the bright rays fueled his headache further. His eyes suck into his face before opening them. Lifting himself up from his white bed, he rubbed his temples. But soon pure horror washed onto his face when he saw Taeyeon naked underneath the duvet next to him. He scrambled out of the blankets, soon realizing that he too was not wearing any clothes. He fumbled to put on his underwear and just rushed to get a robe. Baekhyun glanced at his phone which was almost dead. It was ten in the morning. He was unbothered about waking up about the girl in his head, praying to himself that he didn't do anything stupid last night.

He rushed to the bedroom a few meters away from his own, looking for a familiar girl. But no one was seems, then he took no second to speed down the stairs, only to bump into Sehun who was cleaning up the messed up couches. "Okay... Sehun, I am seriously hungover right now. But do you have any idea of what happened last night?" The butler looked up, almost wincing at the bed hair this prince had. He opened his mouth, "I didn't see you come in, most of us were asleep by then. I remember that her highness waited for you to come even after you missed dinner. Nothing after that. Until I woke up at around five in the morning to get some water. Then I heard you call Princess Taehee some degrading comments, no offense your highness."

Baekhyun frustratingly put a hand through his hair. "What exactly did I say?" He sighed out, pinching the bridge of his nose. Sehun rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "You called her trash. That she shouldn't tell you what to do. And you also told her she was 'nothing'. Um- then she retaliated by saying she hopes you die a painful death, that she never wants to see Lady Taeyeon ever again and she hopes you were okay with her not talking to you."

"And what did I say?" He groaned, his headache was just getting worse based off this conversation. "You said that you were okay with that..." Sehun blinked blankly at the prince who had ended up taking a seat on the marble floor. His head in his hands, knees up to his chest. "Where is she now? She isn't here, is she?" He said hopelessly, furious with himself. "Her aunt visited from Goyang. They are at the palace because your father wanted to meet the princess' aunt." Baekhyun stood up after he said that, nodding to himself. "Okay. I'll be getting ready go there, so please get my personal driver ready. And once Lady Taeyeon wakes up, please get her escorted out secretly by some of the other drivers."

• • •

"Well, I do have to say that you raised Taehee very well." The King complimented Gokyun, making small smiles come into both of the females' faces. "Thank you, your highness. I hope you all raise her to be a good princess and a queen." She took her last sip of the chamomile cup of tea. Taehee gave a soft smile, internally frowning at last night's events. "Speaking of which, how is my son? He should be here with you." He cocked a brow at the princess, making her mind run. What excuse could she use? Something like: "Oh... you know your son. He wouldn't show up to something that isn't that important." Or did that sound really bad? She looked at the two pairs of eyes that waited for her answer, opening her mouth to speak when a voice intercepted.

"I am here. Just I woke up a little late. I was giving her a hard time about letting me sleep in, dad. Nice too meet you, you're Taehee's aunt, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm Prince Baekhyun." He bowed slightly at the older woman before taking a seat next to Taehee. Who was completely dumbfounded he was even here. She could feel his lingering eyes on the side of her face, but she refused to look at him. "You know I was worried you two wouldn't get along because this was all forced. But you two seem to act like a real couple." The aunt waggled her eyebrows, making the King laugh lightly. Taehee gave them a faint smile, but Baekhyun couldn't get his eyes or mind off the girl next to him.

"How about you two take a walk? I'll show miss Gokyun around the palace." The aunt gaped at the offered, smiling widely and nodding. "A tour from the King himself? Who could deny that?" She said with a jolly tone, walking off with the great man. Taehee watched the two adults leave before she stood up and left the table without talking. Baekhyun widened his eyes, quickly running after her. The two entered the first place they had ever met. It was funny that although the circumstances were different now, the amount of hate was still there. Hell, it rose up. "Taehee... I'm sorry." He apologized, trying to match the fast pace her small feet walked. He sighed when no response was given.

"That wasn't like me. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was already angry before I got drunk and did anything else." Taehee paid no attention to him, instead she looked at the sky as she stood on the familiar bridge. This action was a common way to not let her tears fall. Sometimes she would do handstands to truly not let them fall. But she didn't have the energy for that. The whole night she ended up watching old videos on her mother to distract herself. It just made her want to cry even more. "What were you so angry about that you had all that to say?" She finally spoke, her eyes still on the moving clouds. Baekhyun released a slow unstable exhale, relieved that he heard her voice.

"I was an—" He paused on the sentence, not able to finish it off. Taehee met his frozen eyes, raising a brow. She waited for him to continue, but he was battling with his inner-self. He was trying look for the right answer. "I... I- I don't know..." He trailed off, clenching his jaw when the look of disappointment crossed her face. She shook her head, chuckling lightly: "Of course you can't answer. Why would you answer when you know you meant everything you said?" Baekhyun shut his eyes, internally sighing in exasperation. Taehee blinked away any tears that threatened to fall, looking at him with her dull and sleepless eyes.

"Baekhyun, I know that we don't get along. I already said it before. But you confuse me. One moment you're being the person who feeds into other people's comments and next you're being the person you truly are deep down. But I didn't know that it could get this bad. It actually pains me that I can't get out of this unless I die. So who are you, Baekhyun?" Her words made his mind stop working for a minute. What she said was true. How did he change so easily? He grabbed her hand, putting it in his own palms.

"I don't know. I'm confused too, Taehee. I am sorry. I really am. I need to figure this out. But by myself. Just can you please just act normal? Forget this ever happened? I'll never ever let you remember last night."