[ 05 ]

F I V E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

TAEHEE WALKED INTO THE the palace, each guard bowing towards her arrival

TAEHEE WALKED INTO THE the palace, each guard bowing towards her arrival. And her being her humble self, bowed in return before Ms. Oh told her to stop because she was ranked higher than them. So instead she gave warm smiles to the people who spent everyday protecting the royal families and their history. Immediately the male standing in front of the throne came into her vision. He gave a wide smile, bowing slightly at the girl. Taehee returned the gesture after realizing that in front of her was the King. "Honored to meet you, your majesty." She told him, only resulting a hearty chuckle to fly out of his lips.

"I'm not really a king, your highness. I only have the legal title till your coronation. But nevertheless, it's a pleasure to meet you. My son should arrive anytime now... any news Ms. Oh?" The lady was about to shake her head and say no, when a figure barged in with multiple pants leaving his mouth. "I'm here! I'm here! Holy- sorry. I didn't even remember until the girl I was with asked—" The rest of his sentence was muffled due to the hand that covered his mouth.

"Taehee meet my almost disappointing my son. Or due to legalities, your fiancé." Baekhyun removed his father's hand, trailing his dark eyes over the short figure in front of him. "Nice to meet you, my princess." He took her hand and placed his lips on the back of it. The action sent a shiver down her spine, but the mischievous glint in his eyes made her want to throw up. And the wink lead after it could have almost made her do it. "You too..." She trailed off speechless, picking his fingers off his hand. "And that's what I do. Make girls speechless. You should come to my be—" He was cut off when his father pulled him back, harshly whispering into his ear. "Do not take this as a joke, Baekhyun. This is something your mother would not be happy about." His eyes glowered down at his son, who glanced away from the serious expression his father had on. The King let his son go, sending an apologetic smile to the girl.

"I apologize on behalf of my son. He still needs some reforming to do. I sincerely hope you can do that on behalf of his late mother and I." His father told her, ignoring the prince who was staring daggers at him. Ms. Oh cleared her throat, "How about you two go talk in the garden? You know... get to know each other? His majesty and I still have a lot to talk about on Princess Taehee."

• • •

"Ni zhi dao ni hen piao liang ma? (You're really pretty you know.)" Baekhyun told her in Chinese, smirking himself at getting away with his compliment. Taehee stopped staring at the flowers, raising a brow at him. Making him grin even more. "Wǒ zhīdào. Wǒ shì cóng māmā nàlǐ dédào de. (I know. I got it from my mother.)" She retorted, training her eyes back on her surroundings. Walking towards the large fountain planted in the back of the palace's garden. He paused, feeling dumbfounded at her response. "You know Chinese?" He speed walked to match her fast pace. "And English and French. That was from high school. I self-taught myself Japanese." She said with a cocky tone underlying her voice. Baekhyun tilted his head at the girl who found immense interest in the small fishes that swam under the bridge they crossed to get to the fountain. The corners of his mouth tugged upwards.

"I didn't know they taught that stuff in high school. Luckily, my tutor knows eight languages. He taught me everything I know." The unneeded comment forced Taehee to suppress her laughter. "My French teacher knows eleven." He clenched his jaw, folding his arms. Baekhyun cocked his brow, leaning his weight on one of his legs as he scrutinized her. "You know... for a prince you sure don't act like one. Or dress like one. You look like a cocky spoiled rich kid." She took a seat on the bridge, dangling her feet above the pond under the bridge. He put his hands on his hips, "And what is a prince meant to act and dress like? Because you sure don't look like a fucking princess right now."

The guards who were stood at their posts a few meters away exchanged looks with each other. Already enjoying the scene in front of them. "Looks like I hit a nerve. But I don't know... I thought you would look all suited like you normally do in the public eye. Not some leather jacket bad boy who horny all the time." Baekhyun had decided that the rookie princess has pulled the last straw, pulling her up forcefully by her forearm.

"You know... I am so sick and tired of people thinking this and that. Sorry to disappoint you..." He trailed off realizing how close he brought her face to his own. If he took step forward, something predictable would have happened. And who knew what that outcome would've been. "You have two seconds to take your hands off me before I pull you into that pond." Taehee threatened him, but he was still in a daze from his actions.

Not two seconds had passed, but five and he was still unresponsive. Taehee let out a sigh, taking herself out of his grip and pushing him into the water. The big splash and the sudden yell he made got the guards to immediately run over to him. "I'm fine." He said, his voice dripping with anger and annoyance. The guards watched him pick himself up from the shallow waters. Baekhyun ran a hand through his wet dark hair.

He stomped towards the female, every bit of him was drenched in water. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" He shouted at her, making the guards flinch rather than the girl. He pushed her shoulder, "How dare you push me!" He yanked her arm closer to him, his wet body pressed against hers. Taehee could feel everything. His racing heart to the heat his anger produced off his body.

"I'm your fiancé. And I did warn you, you just didn't listen." Taehee ripped her arm out of his grasp, pulling down on his jacket to readjust it. "This is our first meeting and I can immediately tell we are incompatible. And I can't even break this marriage. I have to marry you and get accustomed to a life I never wanted. Life is great, isn't it? Well, I hope you get dry and meet your father, Ms. Oh and I." She walked back to the palace, with a guard running to her and the prince with some towels. She thanked the guard and continued to stride towards the historic building. Baekhyun snatched the towels harshly out of his hands, snarling at the female.

"My life is going to be just fucking great... just fucking great."