[ 18 ]

E I G H T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

TODAY WAS ANOTHER DAY for Taehee to pick her outfit from the clothes her stylist forced her to wear

TODAY WAS ANOTHER DAY for Taehee to pick her outfit from the clothes her stylist forced her to wear. She decided to go with a shirt, skirt and coat, all in different shades of beige. She was told a princess dressed simply but expensively. And quite frankly, she didn't want to know what that meant. Taehee walked down the stairs to go get breakfast, forgetting that Baekhyun existed, or the male next to him. It was only at the end of her journey down those wide stairs, that she realized they were there. The black haired male next to the prince turned around and the sound of heels. Making Taehee cover her mouth with her hands, her eyes widening as she released a gasp.

"Your royal highness. Nice to meet you. You are as prettier than the magazines and TV shows." Park Chanyeol sent a wink, grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it. The action felt very familiar to her as that was her first encounter with Baekhyun. Speaking of him, the prince was clenching his jaw at his best friend. He specifically told him that when he arrived at his house from the airport he shouldn't flirt with her. Taehee bowed slightly, calming down a bit. For some reason, seeing a celebrity still bet marrying a prince. "He's only here because he just finished a show but his home renovations aren't done yet." Baekhyun told her, observing her expression. The princess slowly nodded, avoiding his lingering eyes and walking towards the dining area where breakfast was prepared.

"The show was to fill in time. I was a supporting role. The show's about the search for a cryptic creator of an innovative augmented reality game who goes missing. Then an investment firm executive meets a woman who runs a hostel in Spain. She is also the older sister of the teenager genius and you get the romance part. But! The game goes incredibly wrong whole searching for him and it turns out it's more dangerous than it sounds. A game which kills people in real life. I play the genius teenager. Cool, isn't it?" Chanyeol asked with his puppy eyes, an eager tone underlying his voice.

Taehee nodded after his explanation, "It must be. The graphics will probably be crazy. I love sci-fi designs and graphics." Baekhyun curled his lip in annoyance, watching the two get more comfortable with each other. "Were you an art major before you got pulled into all of this?" The tall male queried, his eyes on the girl who eyed the food in front of her. She hummed in response: "I was. My aunt also had her own art workshop. I think it runs through the family." The prince took a seat next to Chanyeol, mentally cursing at his friend for taking his seat. It didn't take long for him to realize he was going to hate every bit of his best friend's return because of his flirty attitude.

It especially occurred to him when he asked the princess to call him 'oppa'. Taehee pressed her lips at his request, "Sure, Chanyeol oppa. I don't like the whole royal formalities anyways. I'm more of a formal person. Princess or not." Baekhyun breathed in slowly, calming himself down and ignoring the two. He whispered under his breath, "Keep calm, Baekhyun. Keep calm."

• • •

The house was dead silent. How could you tell? Chanyeol could hear the shower on the second floor start. Which lead him to start talking to Taehee, feeling better that Baekhyun had decided to take a shower. "You know... I've never ever seen him jealous before. I've even had to wonder what that would be like. But I'm experiencing it all thanks to you." Taehee cocked a brow, turning her head over at the boy who watched the TV in front of him. She wondered what he meant by that. "Do you love him back? Oh- don't come on. I'm not stupid. I'm his best friend. I know when a guy who only had sex and partied is in love." He said dryly once he saw her surprised expression, grinning from ear to ear.

Taehee flickered her eyes over her surroundings, "I'm still trying to figure out." She admitted, her light eyes planted on the large screen. Chanyeol nodded at her answer, popping a gummy bear into his mouth. "You have to be. You keep avoiding his eyes and only give short replies to him. You must be very confused, in that case." His large eyes briefly covered her face before speaking up again. "Look. I'm going to tell you as it is. Nothing but the cold truth."

"Love is untrustworthy or unreliable. You never know when it starts and when it ends. Simply putting it... if it isn't true love, it won't take long for that love to fade away. But if it is, it will take death to end it. The hardest part is to identify whether it's true or not. For some, they can immediately realize it. And then there are people like you, who don't know. Who are overall skeptical about love and their belief on it. For those types of people, you just have to go with it. You'll find out eventually. And you can't stop it if it isn't true. All I'm saying is to try."

"Because if you spend to much time trying to figure out if your love is real or not, they may not love you anymore. All because you sat quiet with your thoughts. Because your heart couldn't agree on one thing. Sometimes, it's better to be unsure and take the risk as being sure can cost you the opportunity itself."

"Why did you become an actor? You should've written a book on love advice."

"The only experience I have are the scripts I memorize, the lyrics to the songs I sing and the girls I flirt with. By the way, can I keep 'flirting' with you? I like seeing Baekhyun pissed off."