[ 12 ]

T W E L V E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"ARE YOU FEELING OKAY now?" Baekhyun asked, ruffling his hair as he walked into the dining area of the house

"ARE YOU FEELING OKAY now?" Baekhyun asked, ruffling his hair as he walked into the dining area of the house. "Wait, why are you making coffee? Where are the ch—" He interrupted his own sentence by sneezing. Taehee raised a brow, putting aside the jug of coffee. "I gave them the rest of the day off." He took a seat at the breakfast able, furrowing his brows in confusion: "Why would you do that?" She placed a cup of coffee in front of him, "I thought since we both have nothing to do day as your dad asked us to stay away from the castle for the day, we should do everything by ourselves. Like normal people! Luckily, I'm more experienced in this area. Not to brag, but I am a good cook. And since you took care of me yesterday, thanks a lot of that by the way, I figured I'd return the deed. So here is a cup of fresh coffee to start the day off, and to keep you warm since your sick."

"I am definitely not sic—" Another sneeze escaped his mouth. Taehee let out a sigh, "I knew this would happen. That's why I woke up in the middle of the night to put that extra blanket on you. Guess it didn't work." She mumbled, putting three sugar cubes into his coffee after he wriggled his three fingers. "Oh... so that's where that came from. Thanks. I guess you aren't too bad after all." She rolled her eyes, mixing the liquid and sugar together. She lightly moved the cup to him, "But... just to make sure..." She put her hand on his forehead for a temperature. The heat surged through her fingers after she touched the surface of his head. "It's a bit high. You should probably just take some pills and you should be fine by tomorrow."

Baekhyun at that point didn't know whether his temperature was high because he was sick or because his body was reacting to the sudden action. He watched her as she removed her hands and attended to her own cup of coffee and breakfast. "What's this morning's menu then, chef?" He asked teasingly, taking a sip of the warm liquid. Taehee turned around with a smug smile, "I'm glad you asked. What do you think about a mean French toast, berry quinoa and and a cup of orange juice?" Baekhyun thought over her question, "No juice because the coffee is enough liquid as it is. And as long as you explain what a 'berry quinoa' is."

"It's literally a bowl of quinoa in simmered almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla. And oatmeal, maple syrup, nuts, berries, seeds and apples with a peanut butter dressing."

"Sounds great. Get working."

• • •

Taehee let out a sigh in frustration, taking a step back from the canvas. It was landscape painting of her home back in Goyang from a distance. But something was missing. She just couldn't put her finger on it. "This is really going to drive me crazy." She mumbled to herself, taking a seat in her rolling chair and spinning around the large studio. Baekhyun who just arrived and witnessed the whole thing, stood at her door: "Maybe it needs some love." He stopped the spinning girl in front of him, lowering his head near hers. She cocked a brow, "I don't think I need to be taking advice from a guy who plays video games." He shrugged, turning her around and pushing her towards the canvas. "I standby what I said, it needs some love. It looks bland." He told her, making the girl scoff.

Taehee was about to tell him off but froze when Baekhyun rested his chin on her collarbone. She internally sighed, it truly was a mistake bringing that big art shirt like her aunt told her before she left. He grabbed the hand the held the brush, nearing the canvas. "I don't think you know what you're doing." She murmured to him, using her free hand to grab his. His other hand caught it as he hushed her. "I know what I'm doing." He applied the paint to the canvas. When he finished his ten second artwork, he pressed his lips on a line. "Yup... you definitely know what you're doing. Painting a pink sun in the sky... how do you not realize that the brush wasn't washed?!" She raised her voice, turning her head to glare at him.

He cringed at the daggers she shot, removing his chin from her collarbone. "I don't know." He said innocently before painting a strip of pink on her collarbone. An irritated expression washed onto her face, "You really are sick. I swear to—" Baekhyun put a finger to her lips, locking his dark eyes with her light ones. She raised her brow when that very finger slowly dragged down to her chin and was removed. "Calm down." He painted another line on her other collarbone, taking it to her neck. She didn't need to calm down as his acts had her completely frozen. She didn't know what he was up to but since she didn't want to interfere with him and a possible grumpy attitude of a sick person, she stayed quiet. But while he did her jaw, Taehee discreetly got her yellow paint covered paintbrush.

He reached for more paint when suddenly she attacked his neck with the paint. "Paint anymore on me, I'll be ruining your clothes." She gestured to his outfit that had on, which consisted of a simple white shirt and black ripped jeans. She would never admit it but the color white made him more attractive. "These are my worst clothes so go ahead." That invitation made Taehee charge ahead, getting into a stupid fight involving paint. She let out a chuckle when Baekhyun gaped at the large rectangle of yellow on his forehead. The two were running around that large art studio like children. She took another hit when he got to her arms.

Taehee put her hand out, telling him she needed to rest for a bit after twenty minutes of running around and ruining each other's clothes. Well mostly Baekhyun's. He took that opportunity to walk towards her small figure, which rested on the stairs that lead to the second floor of the studio which was were Baekhyun's area was. Her eyes almost fell out of their sockets when she saw him unbutton the first two buttons of his shirt. She really thought he was sick at his point. He leaned over her body, making her involuntarily lower her head onto the stairs. So her whole body was just under his hovering one. He gave a cheeky grin, taking his paintbrush to trace her cheek and jaw. She felt the bristles go to her neck and shoulders.

He spoke while doing so: "You know I always used to hate art because it was the subject I was least good in. According to my tutor, I didn't know where to put things and sucked at blending. But I think you just made me love it."

"Me as in me? Or um- this situation?"

"Both."