[ 26 ]

T W E N T Y   -   S I X
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

A MONTH LATER

"ARE YOU NERVOUS, UNNIE?" Jihyo asked her friend, who was was oddly calm and stable

"ARE YOU NERVOUS, UNNIE?" Jihyo asked her friend, who was was oddly calm and stable. In fact, she had regret on her face. Taehee shrugged in her wedding dress, "Not really. My devastation over the fact my parents will never see this, makes me kind of composed. Or Baekhyun's parents. He has no family attending. I only have aunt Gokyun. But I am happy. More happy that this is actually a private wedding." She chuckled lightly, resisting the will to scratch her face which was covered in simple makeup. Similar to the royal ball, her long tresses were tied up into a neat bun. Another diamond tiara resting on her head to decorate the dress. Everyone knew that the king or queen never wore the actual crowns around. Only at very important and official royal events.

The two crowns were worth hundred of billions of won. Taehee's aunt placed her hands on her shoulders, smiling into the mirror she faced. "I'm sure your mother and father would have loved to be here. They would be so proud that their little princess is all grown up." A sad smile played on the queen's lips, nodding at the comment. Sunyoung watched as the stylist finished her own makeup, gaping into the mirror. "I can't believe we got our makeup done by your royal stylists! This is the best day of my life in this moment." She cheered, high-fiving Jihyo as she laughed with Taehee.

"I still can't believe Chanyeol is Baekhyun's best man. The guy tripped over his own feet when he asked him." Sehun told everyone in the room. Ms. Oh, who just entered the dressing room, giggled at what she had just heard: "I know son, he cried at the highness' request for a hour. I can't even start to imagine what he'll say at the after party." The queen nodded, chuckling with the slender male. "Shouldn't you be with Baekhyun?" She asked, making him grin. "I'm not picking sides here. I've been to the groom too." He cheekily said, watching his mother pull out a tablet in front of the queen.

On the screen were various images of one certain ring. "As you know, this is the ring your mother wore before she passed away. And today, you will wear it, your majesty." Taehee smiled softly at the picture, eyeing the shiny ring. Her aunt rested her chin on the bride's shoulder, "Again. Your parents would be so proud of you."

• • •

"I am freaking out!" Baekhyun sighed, eager to pull his styled hair out. Chanyeol's large eyes widened, "Why are you freaking out?! Now I'm freaking out! Help me stop freaking out!" Kyungsoo and Jongdae exchanged looks, cocking their brows at the two best friends. The Pororo looking male put out his hands, guiding them through slow breaths. "You guys used the word 'freaking' so much, I don't know what it sounds like anymore. Calm down for starters." Baekhyun eyed the short guy, nodding slowly at his hands that went up and down.

"Okay, now that you're calm. Why are you freaking out? I get it if your nervous... but you look like you're have a meltdown." The prince tugged on his black blazer, adjusting the outfit while he sighed, "I am having a meltdown! I become a king today and I am about to marry the love of my life. What if I forget my vows?! What if I forget to kiss her when the priest says "You may kiss the bride"? Oh my god..." Chanyeol blinked blankly at Taehee's two friends, who shrugged in returned. The actor cleared his throat, broadening his shoulders as he towered over the prince.

The sound of a slap echoed in the room. "You are a man. A prince. And soon a king. Get your shit together! And you are not that stupid to forget to kiss someone when you get told to. You are very smart according to your tutor. Use it! Also, bro, they literally repeat the fucking vows for you. So don't fuck up." Jongdae and Kyungsoo widened their eyes, watching Baekhyun reach for his red and pulsing cheek. He rubbed the sore surface, acknowledging the stylists' mean glare thrown towards the actor. Who was out of breath from yelling at his best friend. "Sorry." He whispered weakly, taking a seat in the corner of the changing room.

Baekhyun shook his head, dismissing the apology: "It's okay. You did what you had do. As hard as this is for me to say... you're right. I shouldn't be freaking out. My tutor taught me well but most importantly so did my parents and brother. Today, they watch their son's happiest day in the current moment from the sky. And today, you three fill in the spots of my parents and my hyung (older brother)." Chanyeol grinned, standing up to hit his back in encouragement.

Baekhyun rested his hand on his chin, letting the stylists redo the makeup on his cheek. "I wonder what she looks like. I'm sure she looks ethereal." Kyungsoo finished fixing Chanyeol's terribly placed bow, raising a brow at the prince. "Is the only word you know ethereal? Because that's what you've been calling her for the past two hours. How about exquisite or elegant?" The prince rolled his eyes, watching the three males place the national flower of South Korean into the pockets of their blazers. "Is angelic good enough? Although, she's not all that innocent. She lets out a few colorful words time to time."

Jongdae chuckled at comment, "Taehee only does that when she's either riled up or when she's trying to make a point. Sometimes it's unnecessary. I remember when Taehee, Kyungsoo and I all had a terrible conversation where we pretty much just insulted each other and people we didn't like. She's an angel all right... but as you know, the devil was also once an angel." Baekhyun grinned widely, his square smile revealing his white teeth. Chanyeol looked at the time on his phone, the clock reading nine fifty-five. He let out a nervous sigh for his best friend, showing the screen to him.

"It's time."