[ 21 ]

T W E N T Y - O N E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"I AM SEVERELY GLAD that ball dresses aren't as big as they are in the movies

"I AM SEVERELY GLAD that ball dresses aren't as big as they are in the movies." Taehee said, feeling her stylist finish putting her long tresses in a bun. Ms. Oh looked up from her clipboard, a light chuckle escaping her lips as she admired the girl: "You truly cannot dance in those. They almost restrict you from walking alone. Plus, you will be dancing a lot tonight, princess." She heard the decked up girl sigh, "As if I didn't dance badly enough... I've only gotten accustomed to Baekhyun's light feet." The older woman who was also dressed for the occasion gave a soft smile. "Most of your partner's are princes, lords and dukes. They've gone under the royal classes, so they'll be similar to him. Okay! We have to get this ball started in two minutes. Are we ready?"

The stylists helped her get off the chair without any mistakes. "Ready." They chorused, all helpers in the room smiling at the princess. Ms. Oh put her clipboard to her chest, pressing the black earpiece in her ear. "The princess' official introduction shall start now." Taehee walked with her and everyone else, arriving to the grand doors that separated her and and almost twenty dances. As well as her fiancé. The doors opened slowly, revealing a few hundred people. Taehee felt her diamond tiara glisten when the lights struck it. It was show time.

"Officially introducing, Princess Eun Taehee. Daughter of Princess Hwang Jiyoo and Commoner Eun Sungkyun. Also known as the current heir to the throne. Betrothed to her is Prince Byun Baekhyun, son of former King Byun Hyeongseop and Queen Ha Sahwan. With today's announcement, her presence at the royal ball, she promises to learn to care of this country. And this country hopes Princess Taehee will fully take care of it well as a Queen."

Taehee walked down the grand staircase after the speech. Locking eyes with the one and only Baekhyun. Who's eyes were widened in astonishment as he took her full appearance in. She could read his lips as she took each step. Muttering words like: "Beautiful", "Surreal", "Perfect" or "Ethereal" to himself. She had to stop herself from smiling too hard, giving an eye-smile to the rest of the few hundred people who bowed towards her entrance. Once her first foot landed in the floor, he gently put his arm on her back, turning in front of the guests. The couple bowed back slightly, exchanging faint happy smiles with each other.

The guards at the top of the staircase stomped their feet once, grabbing everyone's attention again. "The Royal Ball will now commence. Princess Taehee's first dance will be with the prince of Bejing, Prince Lu Han. And from their dance, all princes, lords and dukes may take their dances. The last dance will be of Princess Taehee and Prince Baekhyun." After being mentioned, he let a sigh settle down in his throat, making the girl giggle quietly. "I'll have to see you soon then." She whispered quietly, her eyes glancing around for the Bejing prince who was just mentioned.

A finger lightly tapped her shoulder after the people spread around the big hall. People immediately dancing gracefully to the classical music. Taehee turned around at the action, meeting the eyes of a handsome face. "I'm Prince Lu Han. But please call me Luhan, your highness." He bowed slightly, making her face feel flustered as she gave a small bow back. His hand grabbed hers, putting his hand around her waist and started to move his feet lightly to the music.

And the ball had truly started.

• • •

Taehee talked amongst the high ranked guests, mostly somehow linked royally, waiting for one of the last few princes to whisk her away and make her slowly aching feet dance. But instead it was Chanyeol who took her from the conversation of how dirty politics was. "How's it going, princess? Any princes' names you can remember?" He grinned at the girl, moving to the smooth music. Taehee let out a sigh, thinking over the past hour and a half. "Only a couple. Duke Kim Jongin from South Jeolla. Gyeonggi Province's Prince Kim Minseok. Busan Lords, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook. Modern Prince Kim Junmyeon and of course, Prince Lu Han."

Chanyeol cocked a brow, "Pretty detailed there, princess. You don't need Baekhyun to send his guards to them, do you?" She chuckled lightly at his joke, glancing over to the mentioned prince. Who seemed to be having the time of his life with a fourteen-year-old princess. Which obviously was a lie. He seemed a bit awkward, but he loved children. He engaged in a conversation with her before catching his fiancé's lingering eyes. Baekhyun discreetly sent a small wink before cutely smiling. She returned the gesture with her eye-smile, her eyes turning into crescents.

Chanyeol and Taehee watched the young girl and the prince part ways kindly. Baekhyun was offered a drink by the waiter. He took the glass cup, thirstily sipping the liquid after the several dances and conversations he's had. The public was happy he had gotten better with his attitude and actions. Chanyeol was soon replaced by Hunan's Lord Zhang Yixing, who she found very charming and kind. He was very soft and handsome. "You dance very well." She told him, which made his dimples go deeper. "Really? I used to be terrible. I could barely move my feet. But don't tell anyone." He cheekily said. Taehee smiled widely at the male, not getting enough of his kind personality.

But it stopped when she found the same waiter who served Baekhyun talked to one of the guests. She cocked a brow at him from afar. She was sure he looked familiar to her. Taehee kept an eye on him, half listening to Yixing's story about his supposedly two left feet when it comes to dancing. "No. No, no, no..." Taehee trailed off, making him furrow his brows. "Anything wrong, princess?" She nodded slowly, her stomach churning in a bad way. "That waiter... he's..." Her eyes opened in pure horror as she trailed off, realizing what had just happened.

The waiter had pulled the same act Baekhyun's cousin used on Baekbeom. She quickly apologized to the male, glancing around for the prince. After a long thirty seconds, she finally caught him. Taehee speedily walked to him with as much grace as she could show. But before she reached him, he suddenly fell to the floor. The whole room turned to see the scene. The guards rushed towards the prince while Chanyeol held back a girl who was about to burst into tears. She looked at the fake waiter, ripping out of the tall male's grip. She stomped to the waiter, gathering the guards with her and removing his fake mustache. The actor widened his eyes, shocked at the face she revealed.

"Baekhyun's uncle?"

"Please... please take him away. I don't want him in my sight! Arrest him."