[ 22 ]

T W E N T Y   -   T W O
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS to me! You need evidence to look me up, princess

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS to me! You need evidence to look me up, princess." Baekhyun's uncle chuckled evilly, once the guards escorted the guests with their apologies. Taehee's eyes glowered at him, "I as well as many other people saw you give that drink and there are cameras in this hall. I'm sure your son's crime also supports your trips to the Royal prison even more." His face dropped, contorting into pure anger. The guards held the raging man tightly, attempting to spit at the princess. Luckily she was gently pushed away by one of the guards. "Doesn't matter, does it? He's going to die anyways." He regained his poker face, making Taehee clench her jaw.

"Your family will never live here peacefully. I will make sure of it." She told him with a deathly low voice, quickly walking to the palace where Baekhyun was held. She was so glad that they decided to have the ball in the place that was connected to the palace. Who knows what would have happened if they were somewhere else?

• • •

Taehee arrived to the room her fiancé was in, watching the doctor and some nurses come out. Her heart paced nervously, trying to think of all the positive things. The doctor removed his glasses, looking at the princess in the eye. "The poison he ingested was deadly. First we put a pipe through his throat and sucked out all the poison. Then we inserted another clean pipe, filling his body with enough water to dilute any possible traces of the poison. We sucked all of that out as well. Now Prince Baekhyun is resting, slowly rehydrating. We're thankful that we weren't called any later. Maybe the poison could have gotten to his heart and... anyways, please make sure he rests for the next week or so. I told Ms. Oh he could only have light foods and a lot of fluids. We'll take your leave, your highness."

Taehee bowed back slightly, sighing in relief. She looked at the door of his room, wondering if she had any courage to go in. But then she remembered what Sehun had told her. That if she loves him, she'll be there during his happiest and saddest moments. The princess opened the door, finding a few maids taking care of him. They bowed, also taking their leave. They closed the door, telling the guards only she was in there now. Taehee eyed her fiancé and it didn't look as bad as she thought.

She thought he would be attached to several wires. But only a monitor and one wire was with him. Taehee took a seat on the chair next to the bed, putting hers hands over his. "Oh Baekhyun... why do all the bad things happen to you at once? These past years must have been so difficult for you." She whispered with her voice crack, the tears she held slowly leaked their way out. She grabbed the folded cloth on his head, dipping it in cold water. She wrung out the water, placing it on his head.

"Don't worry. I'll be here for you now."

• • •

It had been two days since the incident and Baekhyun was unconscious. But the doctor reassured her that he would wake up very soon. During those two days, she spend one and a half taking care of her fiancé with minimal sleep and consumption of food. It wasn't until Ms. Oh used a harsh motherly tone on her to make her go rest and eat some proper meals. And that was when Taehee decided to move Baekhyun back to his house. The public only knew what they needed to know. That he wasn't dead and was currently resting.

"Any news on his cousins?" Taehee asked Sehun, finishing her coffee and eggs and bacon for breakfast. Sehun cleaned the counter while he spoke, "Not too much. I naturally assume once his highness wakes up, both of you and the parliament will discuss what to do next. As of now, they're keeping an eye on his uncle and aunt's family. Who knows what they'll try if his uncle is in prison." She nodded slowly, pushing away the cup and plate lightly. She put her chin in her hand, several thoughts ran through her mind.

"Isn't it just cruel? How can you kill your nephew after your own son killed his cousin?" She queried, sighing loudly with exhaustion. Sehun pressed his lips together, taking her cup and plate and putting it in the sink. "It's what the greed for the throne does. It's happened in many families. Even yours. But not to the extent to death. Remember how many people before your mother exiled their title?" Taehee nodded, otherwise she knew she wouldn't be in line for the throne right now. "Well, they didn't just remove the burden along with the title. They removed the greed. They all feared they would grow greedy. Leading this country in pure shame."

Sehun cleaned the plate, placing it in the dishwasher. "But it's always the two types of people born. The princes and princesses who have no greed while some have a lot of it. All that matters, is just when you can stop it. Your aunties and uncle removed their titles when they were around nineteen to twenty-five. They stopped the greed before it could get to them. Unfortunately, in cases like the prince's uncle, it grows without knowing and blinds their eyes with that hunger. And it reflects on the rest of the family."

Taehee chewed on her bottom lip, thinking deeply about what he said. "Baekhyun's cousins are overloaded with greed as well. We wouldn't be safe with them around. Even our future children and grandchildren would be unsafe if they continued to live in Korea. I also know that whether you remove your title or get it taken off you, it means all your children are no longer legally related to the throne. And it removes your place in line for the throne. Which only leads to one solution..." A sigh escaped someone's mouth making her turn around. She gaped at the figure.

"We'll have to banish them from South Korea."