[ 20 ]

T W E N T Y
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"ARE YOU NERVOUS?" BAEKHYUN asked the girl in front of him, dancing lightly to the music that played throughout the ballroom

"ARE YOU NERVOUS?" BAEKHYUN asked the girl in front of him, dancing lightly to the music that played throughout the ballroom. Taehee gave a small smile, "Obviously. Tomorrow, I get officially announced as a princess, have to wear a big dress and we have to dance with like fifty people before we dance with each other. And when we do dance with each other, every soul will be watching us." She freaked out, her own soul leaving her as she rested her head on his chest. A calm chuckle came out of his mouth: "At least you got better at dancing."

"I hate you." Taehee mumbled with a pout, refusing to look at him. Baekhyun removed his warm grip around her waist and pinched her cheek. "No... you love me." He cooed making her frown, swatting way his hand. "I miss the player prince." She said to no one in particular. He cocked a brow, grinning ear to ear when he heard that. With each step, his eyes got mischievously darker. "Do you really?" His voice dropped in octaves.

He brought her even closer, pressing himself against her. The hand on her waist went up her shirt, re-enacting the scene from one of their previous ball practice. But this time it felt a lot different. Baekhyun was still doing it on purpose. Last time this happened, they didn't say their 'I love you's'. And now, it just felt intense and sexual. But he wouldn't... would he? Taehee stiffened against his touch, before straightening up. She couldn't let him get away with it, now could she?

Taehee removed her hand from his, placing it on his chest. The dark glint in her eyes made him gulp visibly. She took slow steps, backing him into the wall like he had one with her. His hand was still on her bare back while his free one soon wrapped around her waist. But it didn't even anything out. As quickly, she raised her own spare hand, placing her thumb on his lips. Baekhyun's breath stopped in that moment, cocking his brow to ask if she had anything else up her sleeve.

Taehee grinned, nearing her face to his. He closed his eyes when he felt her lips hover over his own. But nothing happened. The prince instead felt her escape his grip. "Come on. We have to getting practicing. The ball is tomorrow." She said with feigned innocence, making Baekhyun huff, shaking his head at the girl. "Now I really hate you. I am so getting you back."

• • •

"And that is how I got Jung Eunji's number." Chanyeol finished, a wide smile spreading onto his face. The couple looked up from their desks, raising a brow at the actor. Baekhyun put a hand on his hip, "Why are you even here? We're signing documents off over here." The tall male male glanced at the princess, who seemed amused as her fiancé only spoke after two hours of enduring him. Chanyeol cleared his throat, "I was bored. Plus can't I see my best friend? Right Taehee? Don't you miss me?" He simply asked, lounging on the chair he sat on.

Taehee finished off signing a paper, looking up at the actor, holding his gaze long enough to make Baekhyun's eye twitch. "I did miss you in the total day and twelve hours I haven't seen you. How'd you know, oppa?" She raised the cuteness in her tone, making Chanyeol grin while the prince grumbled out curse words, thoroughly reading the papers. "You've only been here for a week and it's only been five days since we're actually 'together'. Plus this morning's event. And now this? This is just plain cruel." Taehee suppressed her smile, her eyes flickering over the Korean characters.

"Why don't you have a girlfriend, Chanyeol oppa?" She asked with genuine curiosity. Chanyeol gave a small smile at the question asked. "A celebrity's life isn't private when it has to be. You act with one person, they think you're dating them. You bow to show respect, you are definitely dating. You look at them... hell you've kissed. Plus, why do I need a girlfriend when I got you?" Baekhyun put his pen on the surface of the desk. He walked slowly towards his best friend, "Okay. What is it? What did you do wrong this time? You are flirting way too obviously."

Chanyeol widened his eyes, raising a brow at him. His tone was surprised, "How did you know? Oh my god... please don't kill me, Baekhyun! Please!" He begged, getting on his knees. Baekhyun gaped at the pleading boy, sending a scared look to the princess. "What are you talking about?" He sat him up, paying attention to him even more. Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair, looking over at the princess. "Tell him, Taehee. He deserves to know." Baekhyun snapped his eyes to his fiancé, his heartbeats growing faster.

Taehee let out a sigh, "But- ugh. Okay. Listen, oppa. Don't get mad... but when you were in the shower the other day and Chanyeol was over... we may or not hav- Whoa! Baekhyun. Holy shit!" The actor groaned loudly, clutching his left cheek as pain radiated off it. The prince gritted his teeth, his dark eyes growing cloudy. Taehee face-palmed into her desk, quickly attending the injured male. But before she did that, she held Baekhyun down. "Calm down, Baekhyun. We were kidding. It was a joke. I didn't do anything but talk to him. Please just breathe for a second."

The prince stumbled back into his seat, watching his fiancé take care of the joker. "What the heck, man? That is a terrible prank!" He yelled at Chanyeol, who grinned while one of the guards from the outside was told to get an ice pack. "I just wanted to see how jealous you could get. Turns out, you get very jealous. Good sign though, it means two things. That you care a lot about Taehee. And most importantly, I am a great actor." Taehee chuckled lightly, shaking her head as she placed the ice gently on his cheek, putting his hand on the ice pack to hold it. Baekhyun dropped his mouth open: "How is that the most important thing?!"

Chanyeol kept smiling while he visibly winced at the pain.

"It also means you are very strong. Like very- ow! Holy crap! This bruise better coverable with foundation! That damn concealer my stylist uses only gets off after like three showers!"

"I swear to god Park Chan—"

"I'm leaving! I'm leaving..."