16 » Begging You

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

"You will never gain anyone's approval by begging for it. When you stand confident in your own worth, respect follows."

"Sweetie, wake up." You wake to the sound of breathing that isn't your own. It's heaving, like a man and rapid as if he's run into the room. You listen, still, quivering under the covers. He's moving slowly, his heavy feet creaking floorboards that are silent for you. Then you felt the bed dip and suddenly there are hands on top of your forehead, caressing.

"What...?" You grumble, turning your body to the opposite side of the bed.

"Honey, wake up." He knew you were somewhat still upset with him, but he couldn't resist. He leaned in a little closer, cheeks touching, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Baby I know you're still upset with me, we both said some things that we didn't mean, I'm sorry sweetie." You felt Ji-young pull you closer to him wrapping his arms around you. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around your frail body. The world around you melted away as you squeezed his wrist, not wanting the moment to end.

"I'm sorry too, I was upset and you kept pressing me." You turn to face him and stared into his soften eyes. "But let's put our past behind, let's start over, okay honey?"

"Of course baby, we can work out our issues." He moves closer with those eyes that look so deeply into your own, "I love you." He mumbles. Your breathing becomes softer, the pensive look melting into a smile as soft as the morning light. Your body squirms just a little as your muscles relax. "I love you too." You gleam.

The silence that interrupted you was a poison to us, for in that void of sound the shallowness of our conversation was laid bare.

Ji-young and you seemed to have a silent conversation as you both stared into each others.

Both with soft eyes.

Ji-young's lips alight on your cheek like a dew freckled petal caught in a breeze, so soft and with the smallest hint of coolness. Then you felt a hot breath on your neck, then the tender brush of lips. Burning as they make contact with your neck.

You're a bit caught off guard but it feels good, organic. It's not before long that is lost in a sort of confusion as your husband's stops abruptly.

His eyes are wandering around, trying to focus on you but it seems there's no clear sight to get a hold on.

His right palm caresses your cheek as he kissed your forehead with a smile. Then the wondrous expression fell back on him and you started to worry.

"You okay baby?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He stays quiet for a bit and wraps his hand around yours. You know that look, he's contemplating something. It looks as if it's eating him up inside.

You watch as there's this knot in his throat that sinks below into his chest and he finally succumbs to whatever feeling he's enduring.

"Baby you're not going to like what I have to say but-"

"If it has anything with cheating or work you should probably not say anything right now." You retorted quick.

"No, it's well..." He paused, looking around the room. "I know you said you don't want a therapist anymore, but..."

"No." You knew where this was going and so you shut down his sentence in the speed of sound.

He begins to beg, "Honey, please listen, I need you to go visit him today."

"I said no, I don't want anything to do with that therapist, he's not helping neither of us so what's the point?" You turn the other way, avoiding Ji-young's eyes. You're annoyed with the topic, but more importantly, guilty to have to speak of that man while looking straight into your husband's eyes.

"Honey, just please, I need you to go see him one more time that's all."

"I said no."

"...He said he has something that you forgot at his office."

"..." You sit up in the bed and stare down at your husband, displeasure all over your face. "No, you're not going to force me to go see him and that's final."

"Look just once, that's it, I'm begging you."

"Why Ji-young?" You ask.

He clasps his hands together and lowers his head. "Please."

"Why, why do you want me to go so bad?"

"I just- I owe him something. For me honey, then we can leave him, you don't have to worry about him any longer."

"..." You sit there, watching his pleads. It's obvious he's desperate for a response from your lips. It's sad, watching him like this. You stare into his begging eyes and finally, you give in.

"Fine, one more time and that's IT."

"Thank you!" He smiles and wraps his arms around your waist, kissing your tummy. "I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"Okay, okay, I love you too!" You start to smile, still trying to keep a firm simper. Your husband kisses you on your cheek.

Then with a vibration your phone buzzes on the end table near the bed. You pick it up and notice there's a text message and your face frowns up.

Text message

Therapist-

"See you tomorrow princess 😊"

...Great!

Authors Notes: Holy Cow I can't believe this book has been read over 4,000 times! I'm so happy, I am so happy that you guys enjoy the book! I probably will update later again so stay tune~! ♥️♥️♥️^_^