39 » "Imperfect"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · · 

"Everyone has a breaking point, everyone has a moment."

Warning 

The dark living room was like a place out of time, a place without moment. The darkness in that way was a time freeze, a place to stand still and dissect the moments before, engulf your thoughts. Reaching out in front of you like a map, the unknown studied your fears, your strength, and your consciousness. Taking trial steps, the appearance of Ji-Young's body dawned. There was no life there. The darkness had overcome any sense of life, consumed all hope of freshness and had wiped out all desire.

You stood there.

Suddenly you hear something in the distant, like in the back of the house, creak. There's shifting around, the sound comes from the direction of the hallway, the wooden floor creaks. "T-Taehyung, did you hear that...?" 

"Hear what?" His eyebrows point inwards of each other as he peers around.

"Like someone is moving in the back of the house, I think there's someone in here..." You turned around to locate the switch to the living room and you can't help but get startled when you not only see the bulb flicker, you hear it too. It crackles, or perhaps its more of a buzz, you're not sure, all you know is you don't want to be in here anymore.

As the lights come on and the room becomes more of sight, your old home, you lower your head in suspicion of the stillness of the house, you staggered back at the sight of the red footprints on the floor, trailing to the hallways. 

The color swirled in your mind, making you feel fragile while questioning stirred in your mind. Your glistening eyes followed the footprints, the blood flowed like a lazy river, down into the concrete gullies that interrupted the white tiled floor, almost strenuously, like they had a mind of its own. The red river was flowing through the tiny cracks on the floor and before you could take another step you felt a hand grasp yours and draw you back.

Your fingers wrap around Taehyung's hand, desperately trying to hide how nervous you were, You can't show how afraid you are right now. You can't show the tenseness that grows in your head and heart. 

There Taehyung squeezes down on your palms causing you to focus on his eyes, which were darting back and forth, side to side, shining in the white light. "Come on, we need to get out of here, fuck it, I'm calling the police!-" 

"Who's there...? W-What are you doing here...?" Spoke a voice, you and Taehyung both turned your heads towards where the sound came come from, the hallways, her eyes....they were most unforgettable when you made eye-contact. You have never looked upon another human being who owned eyes of her color. She looked at you, her black eyes drilling into yours. You couldn't help but think - you'd never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them, it's puzzling.

Ji-Young's...woman...the woman, you weren't.

Her china skin was pale, almost sickly; a cold sweat glistened on her temples and her recessed cheeks; She had hair so black against skin so white and it made a contrast that only served to make her look ghostly, like the daunting little girl from the ring, all the more haunting; her lips that were once pink and soft, so vibrant, were now chapped. She looked exhausted, incomplete, suffering deep inside. Her skin has ruptured, growing purple blooms. The bruises are grip marks.

You scanned her face for a sense, then you see her recoil. She reached behind herself and took out a gun, a pistol, directed right at you. 

"I said what are you doing here...?!" She aims, and the world shrinks to no more than what she can see out of the sight of the pistol, no more than what you can see, the muzzle. There's nothing but the weight of the weapon in her hands. She inhales as time slows to a crawl and the air reduces to a whisper in comparison to your own rushing heartbeat.