37 » New & Improved

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Loving you never was an option. It was a necessity."

Nestled on Taehyung's accustomed sofa, cozy with a blanket, you sat entranced in a sea of stray chips, gormless expression, engrossed into the flat screen television. There was nothing that was on that caught your interest, so you left it on a sports channel, running.

The announcer, however, made it at least somewhat entertaining, with all his shouting.

"And in the running, we have Jeon Jungkook, Jackson Wang, and Choi Min-ho for the sprinting 100m and the runners are getting ready, their stretching, and here the countdown goes, "Here comes Min-ho! He's dashing off, look at that speed!" The announcer screamed, his voice going hoarse.

"And there goes Jackson, he's catching up, Jeon and Jackson is neck in neck in catching up with Min-ho!"

"They both have passed Min-ho, however, it seems Jackson is starting to lag, now Jungkook is doubling up on his momentum!" Ultimately, after it became apparent Jeon Jungkook would clinch an upset victory, the cries became more emphatic.

"Oh doggy god heaven above, Yes! Yes! Jeon has risen!" he roared and the crowd exploded.

Jeon Jungkook had passed the finish line, stopping his speed and leaning down, contracting his breath. Anchors, fans, and other contesters started to run towards the fatigue young male, patting his back with a fierce slap. There he stood back up, wiping the warm sweat off his face. He seized the microphone out of one of anchors hands that were waiting for his regained stance and begin to speak.

"Hi, first I would like to thank my family, friend, and fans who have supported me on this journey. If there's one thing, running has taught me about life, that every little thing is broken down into one step at a time. That's as easy and as hard as every task is. If you look ahead at how far the run is, maybe you'll never begin. If you just start running there's a great chance you'll finish. So don't over think it, love, just run. Living without passion is like being dead, so keep your dreams close, thank you."

The young man had then bowed and soon enough you heard a door open and shut, its creaking noise bringing a chill to your spine. "...Hmm?"

You turned back, Taehyung came inside the home, smiling gleefully and benevolently, with his bright, optimistic face under his now black hair.

Taehyung welcomed you, he had a plastic bag in his hand that caught your eyes. He walks over to the kitchen counter and places it down, then comes back towards your direction, "Good morning baby."

"You mean good afternoon, it's almost twelve o'clock. Your hair certainly looks different. Where were you?"

Taehyung walks over to you on the couch, bends over the edge, and kisses your cheek. Then you hear him speak, barely a whisper as he draws back and smiles, "Oh, you like it? Good to know."

"It is nice, but you still haven't answered my question."

"I went out earlier to you know, find us a new bed cause we definitely need a new one, and I realized my roots were growing out so I went to the shop to dye it back to black, simple that way."

"Hmm, well you look really handsome, reminds me of when we first met." You smiled shyly, nibbling on your bottom lip.

"Good times huh, charmed the pants off of you eh?" Taehyung shamelessly cackled; his hands on your shoulders. He kissed your cheek once more, his hands began kneading out the knots in your collar, massaging the muscle.