Chapter 7- Ivory Nixagri

I had always been sure of one thing since I was little. That was that at some point in time I wanted to leave the castle walls that restricted me from going anywhere, and travel the world. At some point in my life though, I had gotten used to the idea that my life would never be anything besides a throne room. The idea implanted itself deep in my head killing of any hopes or dreams I might have had for something else.

It wasn't until recently that the name 'Kami' had become a symbol of hope for me that revived my old childhood passions. When I met him, my heart had almost stopped beating, like a child who meets their childhood Hero. It was only a small exchange of words, but having them, completely changed my perspective of how I wanted to carry out my life.

This, this is why I found myself here, right now, being chased by these undead creatures.

What were they? Was this really the smartest thing I could have done? Maybe I jumped into this too fast. Someone, anyone, help me.

These, and many more thoughts flooded my head as I ran away from the creatures whose relentless pursuit I could not escape.

Okay, okay, think, if I was an adventurer, how would I get away from this, how would I survive?

Every step I took I felt their presence growing closer. It was like drowning, suffocating at the thought that any second now the cold grasp of those undead being would end my life.

'Wait, I'm a fairy, I can fly!'

It had taken me too long to realize this. I felt somewhat gullible as the sensation of my wings flapping ran through my back. Just like that, I was free, free from those creatures below me that wished to end my life.

Perhaps sneaking out of the camp and walking into this desolate city without anyone knowing, was not my brightest plan. I was somehow under the impression that I was actually a lot stronger than I really was. Fighting those monsters head on had proven me otherwise. They had easily shrugged off my attacks and before I knew it, I was dragging around an entire party of them.

'I should head back...they'll be mad but its better than being dead.'

Still, even as I said this aloud to myself, I turned my attention towards the other side of the city. The view from so far above was somewhat thrilling. The only sight I had ever witnessed was the meadows and large nature landscapes around Fay Sovereignty. Large patches of green covered by a forest of trees. Flows of water running through them like someone had dragged their finger across the perfect green scenery. Plants and flowers of different varieties blooming in the middle of it all, adding a touch of color and life in the great painting of it all. These were the places I had mostly seen.

Now, flying above this, large broken-down city, with no life or color was somewhat intoxicating.

Strange, how it's so ugly, yet beautiful at the same time.

Looking closely, there was a few figures down below. They were not the undead creatures that had been trailing all along. No, these were people, three to be exact. My heart raced again as the familiar crimson hair color of one of them reminded me of Kami.

Could it be, him? T-they were sent early to explore the area. It's almost mid-day and their still here. I-I'm actually feeling a bit nervous again, ha ha, okay, okay. Deep breaths Ivory we're NOT acting like a fan girl again. He knows me now, at least by face so we can talk normally.

I had not realized it but I was already making my way down to the ground level while I was having a nervous breakdown in my head. His face was turned towards the sky, exactly towards me, as if he had sensed my presence way before I had noticed his.