Chapter 15- A God's Disobedience

"The Ducuria Kingdom is foolish for standing by and letting their own God do as he pleases."

A warrior made his way across the fields of the fallen city. Behind him were one hundred of the Fay Sovereignty's army men who marched alongside his every stride. From their left side there were approximately another hundred or so men from the Ducuria Kingdom who also came along.

Just a few hours before hand they had received information that the so-called Hero Kami and his party had entered the city. This would mean they had entered the fallen kingdom on their own without the consent of the Fay Sovereignty's nation.

This could be potentially seen as an act of defiance from the Ducuria Kingdom towards their alliance despite their participation on this decision.

The matter of the fact is that on the surface this may simply look like two nations cooperating with each other in a simply search for a fallen kingdoms most valuable treasure's and potentially a discovery of information on its downfall. In truth, this was a little more complicated than that. Whatever item they were searching for had the potential to upset the balance of power between the nations and having the 'Hero' of one nation take the lead without the approval of the other would cause some friction between the two.

Prince Mesfrit in his attempt to ease the situation after Kami's disappearance send his own men as well after the pursuit of this mighty deity under the condition that they try to talk it out first before resorting to any form of violence. According to him, he was a God of reason and had they perhaps explained the situation to him better beforehand, this would not be happening.

However, this particular warrior could care less about the politics behind the actions of the higher ups. His goal was simple, bring back Kami and his group of treasonous members, and he would do so dead or alive.

His name was Isume Adar. He was a captain of his own small force within the Fay Sovereignty. Isume wasn't the strongest or nearly the best warrior out there compared to the higher up ranking officers within the nation's own army, but he got the job done better than anyone else could. This was the reason why he had been promoted to captain at such an earlier age. He was something of a prodigy with a weapon and easily stuck out as one of the best soldiers in his earlier career.

The Fay Sovereignty, like a few other nations on the land of Tyr, lacked a Hero. No God had blessed their nation with one, therefore their strength might have seen somewhat laughable compared to other nations. This would be the case if it wasn't for their own military might. It's said that their top-ranking officers, the six Generals of their own nation can fight toe to toe with Heroes without the need of the blessing from the Gods. In fact, the own leader of the General's has said to have taken on a God himself and slayed the God, gaining its strength in return.

This was all rumored of course but it was these rumors and more that kept the rest of the land of Tyr from looking down at the Fay Sovereignty as some pushover nation.

Isume was a man who took these rumors to heart, and proudly declared himself one with the Fey, the Fairies. For this reason, he always prided himself as being born to one of the stronger races in all of Tyr. He feared no God and definitely no Hero.

"I don't care how strong this God thinks he is we will show no mercy if we come across him or his people." he mumbled onto himself.

"What was that sir?" spoke a peculiar looking fairy who struggled to keep his pacing along his own.

"Don't mine me Ustaag, we are nearly at the castles gate and we've found no sign of anyone besides the monster's we've dispatched."

"Yes, it looks to me as thought the Ducuria Kingdoms troops we're struggling a little bit more than we were back there when we found that large creature."