Chapter 34- Heaven Sweet Heaven

Edona could barely contain her excitement as she took her first step inside. Her eyes instantly became adjusted to the light that was blinding her. She blinked and panicked a bit when she looked down at the ground. Although she could feel she was standing on something it was translucent; in fact, everything around her seemed to be nothing but an endless blight of light,no walls,no ground,just light everywhere. It gleamed and shifted around as though it was a living essence of energy that was capable of understanding what she was thinking. However, right in the middle of it all, a throne stood. What surprised her was that there was a figure sitting on the throne, frozen by her sudden appearance.

Thief followed close and her reaction was equally baffling. She stumbled around a bit not quiet understanding where her feet where supposed to be. No matter though how much she felt like she would fall, her feet always found solid ground to stand on.

"Wh-wh-what is th-this,k-ku?"

Her eyes soon found the throne as well as her heart began beating faster.

It was a beautiful winged man with two large pair of wings that rested on each side of the throne. Their illuminant rays gleamed and blended with the rest of the area around them but on closer inspection you could see the outlines. His eyes were equally shocked as they stared back at the two figure who had just appeared in the middle of Heaven.

Edona's gulped and slowly edged backwards. She could sense it, the power, the pure divine strength emanating from this figure. It was too powerful, something she could barely grasp. Iatra's own strength was barely on par with this figure, this godlike being who now sat on the throne. Her first thought was that this must be the true ruler of Heaven. Kami must have lied to her and this is what he was trying to hide. Having no option but to return to Heaven, he asked her to keep this secret, that he was merely an inferior God compared to this all-powerful creature. The 'Runaway God' title instantly connected with her idea. Was he perhaps a rogue God who had decided to escape to their Universe in hope of making it his home, or worse, maybe a defector God with no choice but to leave? The more she thought about it the more scared she got.

She tried analyzing the stats of this being and was met with nothing. She glanced around, waiting for stats or something to appear but once again, nothing. Edona attempted to pull up her own skills and see if perhaps there was something wrong but was met with the same dilemma.

"Th-there must be something blocking our powers here..." she mumbled in a low panic.

Of course, in front of such a powerful being, anything would be possible.

It finally shifted, and stood from its throne, tall, still looking down at them with his unblinking stare. His wings lifted from the throne and there was a gush of energy that swept Edona and Thief back.

Edona barely managed to contain as she fell to her knees with a heavy breath.

"T-too powerful..."

Thief on the other hand who was much weaker than Edona to begin with fainted from the overwhelming strength and seemed to float mid air.

"What are you doing here inferior beings."

Edona nervously glanced around towards the still open door. Kami was taking his time picking up Circe and coming in to explain the situation. All she could think of was too bow her head before this God and hope that it didn't strike her down.

"A-a-all p-powerful b-being, w-we come with K-Kami-"

"Kami?"

His voice suddenly shifted to a surprised tone. His mighty and powerful stance disappeared and in its stead was a more submissive one. His head somewhat lowered and his chest withdrawn.