Chapter 50- Highlands of the Beast's Wake

"Ngh,t-this is so weird, ku"

Thief walked aimlessly as she glanced down at her new gear. It was essentially the same look as the one she wore with the exception of the pallet of coloring. It was white and silver, someone transitioning her look into a garment that a priest or clerk would wear.

"Could you have chosen a different color to give me, what's your obsession with white?"

"I like white, Heaven likes white. Can't wait for someone to take that out of context."

"W-what?"

"Nothing, I can switch the colors if it really bothers you that much."

"Please do, I feel strange with these colors on me."

He grumbled but the gear she wore slowly changed back to the same scheme color they had been before. Even so the higher quality material and glow emanating from her new look was apparent making it stick out more than her normal attire.

Kami had created a bunch of new equipment and gear for her to wear just shortly after reappearing in front of them. It was a bit embarrassing switch clothing with the ever-loaming presence of who she now knew was something she never knew existed before hand so she quickly changed while forcing Kami to look away.

"You know I just looked away to make you feel better. I can see everything as long as I'm in this state."

"W-what, s-stop reading my thoughts, ku!"

"Sorry..."

Edona followed shortly behind them as she furiously wrote down on her notes. She seemed too lost in her own world to pay much attention to what Kami and Thief were talking about. Right behind her, the small little Witch Doll could be seen pulling effortlessly on a rope which was tied to their now unconscious companion Circe. She seemed unaffected by the fact that she was being dragged around as her loud snores echoed through the desolated land.

Kami glance curiously at Thief who immediately felt his gaze. She began burning up before turning her attention towards him and squeaking.

"W-what?"

"You seem fine, I'm a bit surprised."

"What are you talking about, ku?"

"You know, I figured you would be, I don't know...rolling around in the ground in a panic after leaving Heaven. I figured once you left the ever-peaceful domain, I created you would feel the weight of everything you know now get the better of you."

"Aren't you suppose to know everything?"

"Hmmm, true. It was to strike a conversation, not very fun walking next to someone who never needs to talk because he already knows what you're going to say, right?"

"It's still pointless for me to say anything then, ku ku!"

Kami shrugged as they went about walking once more in silence. It was more than a few minutes before Thief decided to respond.

" I...I guess since we talked back in the ruins and you said we would face reality together I'm not so scared."

"Hmmm?"

Thief avoid his stares as she felt herself growing warm again.

"I've always been a bit of a wanderer, thinking about gold, alcohol, and myself, a-as you probably already know. This is probably the first time I feel like I got something I care about that's not any of those things. S-sure it's a bit scary thinking that you're this big shot who rules everything from a shiny throne and can bend reality with a snap of your fingers b-but...that's not who I met first. You were just a dumb adventurer that I grouped with and when I think back on that it makes all this much easier to deal with, ku!"