Chapter 37- In Notes

"Here, these are some of the notes detailing Hiromichi's excursion with us while he lived with our people." Tenaya lifted an notebook, cramped with papers and notes that barely seemed to be held in place.

Hiromichi grabbed the book and slowly opened it as he examined a few of the notes.

"I took a look at it myself when he left it behind. Through his investigation, he came to a theory that the four Primal Beasts where somehow connected to the four beast tamers of North, South, West, and East. He wrote down that it was possible for the once with that title to somehow harness and use the power of the adequate Primal Beast but that they would have to prove themselves to it first."

"You're saying I could somehow use that badass of a monsters strength as my own? Th-that would be crazy!" Hiromichi glanced up feeling enthusiastic about the idea.

Tanaya however, shook her head and spoke.

"This is just in paper, I have no idea if any of it is true, and besides, you lack the title."

Hiromichi frowned as he opened up his stat menu and mumbled under his breath before yelling out loud.

"Tch, I don't need a title to prove I'm the Wild Beast Tamer of the North! I know what.."

His voice drifted into the wind before he buried his gaze back on the notebook. Did he know who he was. As of recent he discovered through his lost memories that he was actually called Hiroki. It was strange, seeing it know, having a different name from the one that he and others called him now. This would mean he wasn't who he had been saying all along, at least, not by name and title. He read through the notes fervously, looking for anything that might point towards this dilema. Whoever this was did have a tie to the Ostiz Kingdom. His name was Hiromichi Ueno, as he was now calling himself. From the personal amount of notes he read through, it looked like this man was living the life he had claimed to be his own this whole time. He was a top regarded guard within the nation, close ties with the royals. His trip here was a personal one made with the approval of the King at the time. There was not much else to mention here around that, just a lot of foot notes and details of certain caves and zones around this place.

He sighed and closed the notebook as he looked up at a silently staring Sayu and Tanaya.

"What?"

Sayu shook her head and spoke with the kindest voice he had heard her speak since he's known her.

"You looked a bit desperate to find something in there, are you alright?"

"Of course I'm fine, I was just looking for anything that would tell me about this stupid title or who this guy really was! Did you ever talk to him personally?"

Tanaya shook her head and thought back.

"I was much smaller back then, any interaction between him and I was that of a grown up to a child. He was kind and gentle but a really strong Beast Tamer. Although he found our way of living with the monsters a bit strange, he quickly adapted and became a helpful pillar to the growth of our people at that time."

"Lot of good that does me!" Hiromichi exclaimed feeling as though he had hit yet another dead end.

He tried handing the book back to Tanaya but she shook her head and responded.

"I think it'll do you a lot better than myself. From what you've told me, you and him shared the same Kingdom. Keep it, maybe there's something in there that will help."

Hiromichi grumbled but nodded his head in agreement as he tucked the notebook between his arm.

"Thanks, I guess."