Chapter 49- By the Fire

Edona, Thief, and their newfound companion, Circe found themselves circling a small fire. They were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the familiar dark landscape of dead trees. The scenery was gloomy to say the least as they huddle around the fire and tried to warm themselves up.

"W-where do you think we are right n-now, k-ku?"

Thief's voice was shaking due to the cold of their surrounding environment. It was hard to tell when it was night or not but due to the awfully chilly nature of the zone, she believed it was around night.

Edona simply shrugged as she stared at the small fire in front of them.

"I don't know, Kami just teleported us somewhere in the middle of the Darken Providence from w-what I can tell."

"That guy sucks! He just up and left us here, heh! I wouldn't have expected that from a 'Hero', ice cold, I kinda like that!"

Edona and Thief glance silently at each other. It seems Circe had no recollection of being in Heaven what so ever. She seemed a lot friendlier to them for some reason but whenever they tried to ask her if she remembered anything, she just shook her head and avoided a response. Either her memory had been altered or she truly didn't know what they were talking about.

Thief coughed a few before mumbling at Edona.

"S-so n-now that I'm not in that... peaceful place that kept me calm I'm starting to feel the pressure of knowing what Kami is."

"R-really? T-thank God-ummm, Kami? This just feels really weird. I don't know what to do with all this information floating around in m-my head."

"R-right?! I guess I'm happy that I'm not freaking out but I never thought Kami would be...well...'All-Mighty' blah, to quote a friend."

Thief suddenly drew a blank face before murmuring once again.

"I-I just realized what Sayu is as well,o-oh she was being so honest this whole time I just thought she was being Kami's kiss ass, ku.."

Edona swallowed her saliva as she stared blankly at the flames moving from side to side. It was funny knowing all this now; it changed her perspective on the whole situation. Before she would have imagined the war versus the Abyss as the greatest threat to her kind and the Universe but now, it all felt so insignificant compared to the bigger picture. She herself could hardly find the problems in this Universe to be important in comparison, it was hard to imagine how Kami would even bother to have a remote thought about them with so many other places outside this domain with constant need of supervision.

"It is a little difficult but nothing that I can't manage."

Edona and Thief jumped up from their sitting as they stared at Kami sitting right in between them.

"W-where have you been,ku ku?!"

"K-Kami a-an honor to have you in o-our presence once again."

Circe on the other hand grinned and laughed at them.

"Haha, he scared you two! The big scary Hero scared you!"

"Hmmm, she's still a bit lucid I see." Kami replied to her laughter as she fell to her side and knocked out.

"Is that why she's been acting like that this whole time? I thought you did something to her up...in... Heaven..." Thief's voice trailed into silence as she sat down and stared at Kami.

"No, it's the over healing effect with the stamina skill, I was expecting this afterall, glad you're all ok though."

His smile send a warm sensation down Thief's chest as she clenched onto it and nodded her head.