Chapter 27- Sayu and Hiromichi's Adventure Time

Hiromichi glanced around as the adrenaline rushed through his body. Everywhere he looked was the same, the image of the jungle infinitely spread all around him. At this point, anywhere would do as long as it was away from that creature.

He felt Sayu's arm tug desperately from his grip but surprisingly she was incapable of breaking free.

"Let me go you oversized oaf! We can kill it-"

"Are you kidding me?! You hit it with everything you had and it simply walked through it all, stop whining I'm saving your ass!"

Once more Hiromichi ran between the trees and bushes of the oversized wilds around him with Sayu being pulled closely by her arm. He closely inspected the scenery in front of him looking for anything he could use to hide and remove themselves from immediate sight. It was strange to think that just hiding in this jungle wouldn't be an easy task considering how dense and packed it was with trees and plants everywhere. In truth, there was a chance just standing here would be just as good a hiding spot as any other place. The tree tops created a layer above them that blocked nearly everything only allowing small bits of sunlight through. For this reason, the jungle was mostly dim but still visible enough for him to not accidently run into something or trip.

A large quake shook the ground underneath them echoing and booming through the land. The only sound now was the heavy breathing of Hiromichi struggling to create some distance and their footsteps rushing through the greens.

The situation they found themselves in was a strange. One second, they were in the ruins of a formerly fallen kingdom next thing, he's standing in the middle of a platform with the sounds of wild life all around. Sayu, was the only one there while everyone else seemed to be missing. It didn't take long for them to realize they had probably been teleported elsewhere; the problem now was where. After a bit of looking around, lost in this overrun boscage, they came across the beast that was now chasing them for dear life.

Another quake vibrated on their feet this time somewhat a bit further but still within distance. Hiromichi had high hopes that the monster had lost track of them or had lost interest but this didn't stop him from continuing his desperate sprint.

"Come on, give me a cave! I can do with a cave!"

"If you could just stop for a minute-"

Without letting her finish her sentence, he jerked her arm once again as he changed direction. Running consistently one direction was an easy way for it to follow them. He was hoping to throw it off by making a few turns along the way and hopefully lose it.

A third earthquake echoed through the jungle once again, further this time than the last. You could hear the sounds of rustling trees and wood breaking every time it took a step forward. Still, they were getting further away which was surprising to Hiromichi. Its larger size would easily allow it to catch up if needed, perhaps it was just slow or not as interested in them as he thought.

Hiromichi came to a halt as he found himself near the edge of a large pit, about forty or fifty yards wide. The pit was deep, but it mostly blended it with the rest of the jungle as more trees and plants covered the area. Had it not been for his keener instinct when it came to living in the wild, he might have just led Sayu and himself down a steep slope that might have ended in one of them getting hurt. Either way, he saw what he had wanted and grinned.

"Sweet caves never let me down!"

It was more like a small hollow at the side of the pit, couldn't really see how deep from this distance but it was better than nothing.

"Alright Sayu hang tight, try not to trip as we make our way down okay!"

She seemed annoyed but only let out a deep sigh and nodded her head.