Chapter 18- Arrival on New Land

A sudden bell ringing brought Shi back to reality. He glanced around and noticed the figure sitting across him. It was Y the mysterious masked man who worked for the God of Calamity.

Shi smiled assumingly making sure the masked man wouldn't think he was being ignored and spoke.

"Did everything go according to plan so far?"

"Yes, I must say I am surprised at how easily they play into your hands so far."

"It's nothing really, it's the advantage of knowledge. My brother has no idea I am here and I simply am taking the initiative. As soon as he realizes that I have joined this game of his then the tables may easily turn."

Y stared in silence incapable of fully comprehending his words. He had known Shi for a few weeks now and there were always things he said that he couldn't fully decipher. Either way, he didn't care about anything that came out of his mouth as long as his actions were of benefit to the Abyss.

"The minotaur creatures, what were the results?" asked Shi reaching for a glass of wine and taking a short sip.

"They were of great benefit. Anything Kami did to attack them was ineffective at first. It wasn't until your brother used a strange power that he was capable of eliminating them."

Shi nodded his head and continued to smile. He figured the only way Kami would be able to kill those monsters he had created would be through the use of the Void. Still this was great news to him.

"And the party?"

"They entered the room in which we activated the Gateway Teleporter. It took a lot of man power to achieve its reconstruction and more than likely the use of it has rendered it and any other Gateway's connected to it unusable."

"Perfect, this is going well, our only plan as of now is too keep Kami distracted long enough for us to move our plan ahead. Once he figures what's going on it'll be too late."

Y nodded his head and the sound of a bell rung once more.

"It appears we are nearing the shorelines of the Zasshu Union. What do you plan to do here?"

Shi gave a small laugh and stood from the sofa. He fixed his shirt up a bit and smiled down at the waiting masked man.

"I've come to establish good relations as the new King of the Elven Kingdom."

Y stared once more in silence and spoke.

"I see, well I shall be taking my leave, if you need anything else do let me know."

With that Y vanished before his very eyes as Shi grinned in the seemingly emptiness of the room.

Everything was going according to plan so far. He had conquered the rest of the Elven Kingdom easily over the period of three months, putting a strong pressure of law over the capital city while spreading his will over the other part of this nation. It was a slow process but it had mostly gone un noticed by any other power players in this world. This was probably due to the closed in nature of the Elven people with the rest of Tyr making a clean shift of power in thrones an easy task for someone like him.

His alliance with the God of Calamity was more than likely temporary. They both didn't truly trust each other and he preferred it this way. They only needed to interact when there was a business-like transaction going on. This was purely a professional relationship between Yotsune and himself, Y being the intermediate between both of them. Shi would spread his influence over the land of Tyr, weakening the power of this Goddess Iatra, and provide Yotsune with troops if needed and other assets. In exchange, the God of Calamity would leave him alone for the most part and even help in return if needed. Of course, his help was never needed but this was again, their business deal. He lied a bit, there was a few things he wanted to learn and use from the God of Calamity, perhaps this wasn't the most one-sided deal he could have entered.