Chapter 23- Agriar Settlement

"S-so you really are a God from a different Universe?!"

"Aaah, something like that, yeah."

"Th-that's really cool, we've never had one of those here before."

"Hmmm, so there's been multiple mortals coming from different Universes before, right?"

Edona nodded her head in excitement as they walked down the road. They had been walking for a few hours now. The landscape looked dreary and dead everywhere they would turn their head to look. The ground was covered in a gray dust almost like dust that covered the scenery in a dark lifeless coat. It didn't help that the sky above them was capped with a thickness of dark sinister clouds. Had Edona not told Kami they were in an actual nation Kami would have figured they were walking in some no man's land.

Thief followed closely and quietly next to Kami, jumping at every little movement. She made sure to hold on closely to him as his presence brought a sense of comfort to her.

Kami on the other hand was having a decent enough time conversing with this Goddess. She was a bit timid and would stumble around a lot with her words but once they started talking, she revealed a more excitable nature.

"Not a lot as you might think, we only ever get a handful every so often. Centuries before we see anyone else from a different world. I-I just never imagine there would ever be a God in a different Universe who would come here, how is it like where you're from?"

"Ah... something like Celestia I suppose. A lot bigger though."

"R-really?! H-how many Gods does it take to keep a place like that running?"

"Just one, me?"

Edona bit her lip and tilted her head trying to process what he meant. Her eyes lit up as she smacked the palm of her hands lightly against Kami's shoulder.

"A-are you God?! Like, the one they call the all mighty and all powerful?"

Kami's heart froze for a second as he looked at her with some disbelief. How was it possible that she knew who he was? Does this mean Celestia knew all along who they were dealing with?

Thief's ears perked, her curiosity drowning out the sensation of fear consistently crawling its way up her mind.

"How do you know that?" replied Kami trying to keep his cool

Edona smiled, adjusting her glasses and taking the small electronic device from within her pocket.

"There was a mortal I knew once who came from a different Universe. He spoke a lot about a God, an all mighty and powerful God he called him. Never said his name just said he was known as God. H-he would tell me stories about...umm...things called angels and demons... Heaven and Hell and uuhh....the Bible he called it! Th-that explains your title as well! N-no offense but...y-you don't strike me as....an all..." her voice trailed off as she hunched down and avoided his stare.

She was speaking too comfortably and realized her comment could come across as rude.

Kami simply smiled and laughed at her comment. He felt a sense of relief at hearing that. It seems that even though she had a basic idea of who he was she didn't know his full strength. She just believed Kami ruled over one specific Universe and was known as the supreme God of it making him somewhat of an equal to Iatra. Of course, this was a wrong assumption but he wouldn't bother correcting her.

"The stories are probably exaggerated then."

"B-but if you're here who is watching over the Universe you're in charge?"