Chapter 58- Stat Grinding

An explosion that reverberated through the opening of the large cave set off a small earthquake that shook the mountain itself. It was a large stage-like arena, which was bordered by bubbling fiery lava that veined through the walls as though it was the very same flowing blood of this large structure. If it was not for this glowing heat, the dark in the room would have swallowed the creatures that roared and groaned while they attempted to strike down the sole girl who stood at the center.

Thief took in a few deep breaths, the air around her heated by the lava. It tasted like sulfur which was not very pleasant. Was it not for the fact that she had been in here for the last couple of weeks, she would be coughing in displeasure.

She twirled the two daggers through her fingers, one in each hand, her eyes carefully wandering through the horde of endless monsters. They were small, reaching only shoulder length to her, but their numbers were great. They had a hard, dark rock layer over their soggy lava-like appearance. Some seemed more humanoid, sprouting legs and moving in a very clumsy mannerism towards her; others, were less evolve and would drag their bodies through the ground leaving behind a trail of glowing red goo.

Thief had experience with this, and had soon realized the goo would burn you if you tried touching it, or would melt the sole of your shoes if you stood on it for too long. Essentially, this would limit the ground she could move around if she let them move around for too long.

Another thing to observe was their arms. They were long and thin, similar to the creature they had faced back at the dark elf village. However, they were more fragile, easier to break, but they could easily grow their limbs back if they were allowed to.

The monsters slowly inched their way towards Thief, the ones with legs moving slightly faster over the ones without them. She raised her daggers and a glow of green aura gleamed, enveloping her being.

"Enhanced Velocity."

In a matter of seconds her presence became a blur and all that could be heard and seen where a number of monsters being thrown back, groaning in pain and stumbling around with a daze stare.

Thief weaved around each enemy with great ease, slicing and hacking with great precision at them. Some of their limbs flew off from the force in which she used, others just exploded leaving only behind chunks of rock and lava as their remains.

The monsters were slow, and dimwitted in nature, so their only response was clueless blank stares as their own allies were being blow apart by the unknown force that they could not keep up with.

She continued this trance-like dance, sliding from side to side with the utmost speed, and within a few minutes the large scale of monsters that had looked endless had been cut down by half. Hundreds of them now laid on the ground; the remaining force only glanced around until their blank stares reached Thief's new location and proceeded to once again, inch their way towards her.

Thief simply sighed and tossed her daggers into the air as she spoke.

"Tausender Blitz Strike."

Her daggers along with her being, disappeared once again but unlike last time there was a large whoosh as gashes of multiple openings and wounds appeared over the remaining enemies. They groaned and let out small yelps of pain but they were only brief as their corpses slummed into the ground.

Thief reappeared a few yards away from her starting point, feeling pleased with herself.

[EXP +8000]

[Domain of the Thieve Level Up. 6]

[Stats Stored for Distribution 600/600]

A wide smile of content spread through her face at seeing her ability increasing in strength. She looked with great pride over to a large pillar made of stone and moved her eyes to the top where Kami had been sitting down this whole time, silently observing the fight.