Chapter 32- Fighting a Beast

The ground underneath where Kami had been standing cracked under the pressure of this person's fist. He smiled as he slid back and raised his arms in a jokingly manner making it look like he was trying to defend himself.

The dark elf fumed at the mockery and let out a howl.

"Stop moving you brat! Soon as I get a good punch in you're dead!"

Kami snickered at the thought and replied.

"You remind me of a friend of mine. You're just as much as a bad-mouth and loud as he is."

"What did you call me kid!"

Fumes escaped from her nostrils as though a steam engine was ignited. She lowered herself on all fours like an animal readying itself to pounce on its prey and growled. A dark aura sprung forth from inside her like a wild fire and spun frantically around her figure. The aura became intense and darker as time passed; at some point, she was no longer visible inside of it. All you could make it out was a pair of dark red eyes staring angrily at Kami as the low hum of her growling continued.

Only physical skills then, nothing based around my mana. At first, I thought this would be a bit of a pain but this might be fun. A game mode with restrictions, I like that.

He raised his hands as a pair of daggers appeared on each, similar in appearance to those he had given Thief beforehand.

"I knew it you took them back somehow, ku!" Thief exclaimed from the sidelines glancing over furiously from her tied up position.

They weren't the same. Kami could conjure countless of these equal lower quality daggers, that were somehow consider higher tier weapons in this world. Thief had legitimately lost the daggers he had given her at some point and now was placing the fault on him.

"We'll talk about it afterwards Thief, for now, I'm interested in seeing how a dual wielder plays out."

He looked back at the increasingly threatening looking girl in front of him and was tempted to look at her stats for a second. He shook his head removing the pull to break the usage of a mana based skilled again and focused.

I already broke it with Edona I'm sure I can come up with something different to measure up my opponent.

The aura finally settled down from its berserk state but continued to wrap itself around her. She looked a bit more animalistic in nature and much bigger. Her muscles were more visible but her form was leaner and taller. Her previously straight hair now looked as though it was covered in a coat of spines and extended across her back. Her skin gave of a glossy look and her facial features had lost any signs of the fact that this used to be a person at some point.

She let out a howl that send a typhoon of air currents wildly flowing all around her.

Kami found himself genuinely surprised at the fact that a quick blade of air hit his face and a small cut appeared on his face. The damage it had done was minuscule at best, no more that 1 HP but the fact that the skill had managed to cut through him was an impressive feat on its own.

The girl growled and spoke, with a much deeper and robust voice than before.

"Feral Vein."

Her muscles contracted as a noise like a rope being pulled and ripped came from her body. She gritted her teeth and a small amount of blood came out from her mouth. She looked as though she was in pain but soon her body eased and she released a small sigh as she looked at Kami and grinned.

Kami noticed her teeth were sharper and longer as well. Her appearance change was strange but he had seen it before from Hiromichi's. Although it was much different and looked a lot more powerful. Hiromichi's had given him some animal like characteristic but for the most part he had remained the same. She however, was somewhere in the mix now between a beast and a person.