Chapter 41- Glance

Edona sprung up from the ground, desperately glancing around the room. She was entirely somewhere different from before. This was a pure white room, somewhat small compared to the overwhelming size of the room she remembered beforehand. A sudden aggressive clicking drew her attention towards the spot where two all familiar figures sat next to each other.

"K-ku! H-how do I jump again?!"

"Left analog stick"

"Ana-what?"

"The left stick on the controller Thief..."

"Ku, ku!"

"H-hey that was just a distraction for you to cheat wasn't it?!"

"Where are we?" Edona interrupted

Kami glanced back with a bright smile and waved happily over at Edona.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Where are we?" she repeated.

"Oh, this is like my own personal room I suppose. It's a bit bland I know but I haven't gotten around to decorating it."

The room definitely lacked color but it was far from bland. The walls gleamed and were nearly translucent. If she looked closely, she could see her reflection of the surface of the walls. It was a spotless neat space that could not possibly exist in the mortal realm.

"W-why is everything so clean and white, a-are you a germaphobe?"

"Huh? Not personally no, after all dirt was something of my Creation. It's how Heaven likes it, it's her favorite color and she's kind of a neat freak." replied Kami as he happily stared up at the ceiling.

She instantly shrunk her head as a low hum came from out of nowhere as if to reply to Kami's statement.

"W-what was that?"

"She thinks you're adorable apparently, don't mind her she's a sweetheart to everyone."

Kami casually returned to his game leaving Edona filled with many more questions.

"C-could you please explain where we are, o-or what you really are?"

The memory of Kami sitting on the throne and suddenly feeling a wave of unimaginable power crashing down on her returned.

"Like I said it's a bit hard to explain, the easiest answer to accept is that I'm the Creator, I basically made your Universe and every other Universe out there, well except a few but those collapsed real fast, not the point though."

"Y-you're saying y-you're like...an all-mighty God?"

Kami paused the game as he glanced back and shrugged.

"Hmmm, something like that."

"Something like t-that?"

"Well I'm not a God specifically. I'm just...me? I don't think I have a proper race? Celestial Being? I never did come up with something. When I created the first Gods, they simply called me the father of all Gods, named me as that and I've kind of flown with it since. It's easier to just let other call me God or a God."

Thief groaned as she dropped to the floor and rolled around for a bit.

"Enough with the talking Kami you filled my head with all this information I don't want to hear it anymore, ku ku!"

Edona glanced at Thief who seemed to be taking everything easily. She herself was having a hard time following what he was saying.

Kami seemed to understand what was happening as he happily signaled her to come closer.