Chapter 45- Meanwhile, In Another Timeline

There was a dreary silence that filled the air. The only sound that could be heard where the light footsteps of a figure moving around as it glanced around the area. The figure stood tall, in the middle of the once known residence known as Heaven. On the throne laid a body, the body of an all too familiar face. It was Kami's whose empty stare showed no signs of life. Heaven's one full splendor of light was now drained, and it was replaced with a grayish color. The once hopeful and peaceful aura surrounding it was now instead a spine-chilling cold which only served to bring fear into those who entered. With Kami now dead on the throne, Creation all around them began withering, his power no longer holding up the world.

The figure stood silently starring at its work. It was a tall well physique build man. He wore a long overall dark coat and underneath a white vest with a tightly knotted white tie. More oddly, he wore a pair of dark jeans and white sneakers giving him a mismatch appearance of clothing. However, he towered over the fields, and despite his somewhat goofy appearance, he was a monster. Although he had a hard face with an intimidating look, he was an appealing figure. His beard that reached past his neck had been well kept. It was dark but had greyed out older hair showing he was much older than his appearance showed. The long hair on his head also had been brushed back falling just a bit short of the back of his neck with the same pallet of colors as his beard.

He continued his silent stare before a flapping of wings echoed throughout the now void fields.

A second person landed just a few feet away from the first, its large wings expanding for a bit before completely disappearing behind its back. It lowered its sight and head, avoiding the first figure's line of sight as it spoke in the most humble and respectful tone that it could.

"It has been done."

The first figure chuckled and waved off the second figure as if already aware of the fact.

"I could have told you that Michael. All the angels eliminated as well?"

The voice that asked this was thunderous and deep. It was controlled and pleasant to listen to but behind it, was a layer of intimidation and authority that made the figure lowered its head even more as it replied.

"Yes, this entire domain has been cleared."

In a blink of an eye they stood in an entirely different landscape, but one just as familiar. It was Heaven, in all its glory and splendor glowing down on this figure. He casually strolled over to his throne and sat tall on the seat as a number of other angels began to descend from the sky and lowered their figure before the Almighty.

He stared closely and silently as the number of angels grew that revered and called out his name. It wasn't long before everything was engulfed with these figures that had come from every corner of Heaven to see the presence of the All-Powerful.

Michael who had also silently been starring at the scenery turned his attention towards the one that sat on the throne and bowed.

"What will we do next?"

That was a broad question, there was much that needed to be done. Cleaning up after his own timeline was an easy task. He had done so already, but every so often there was a leak somewhere and he would personally see to it that it was patched up. From what he could tell, his own timeline was perhaps the best structured one, and that was for one reason over all. He did not take the idea of free will to heart as his other counter parts did. He believed in structure and punishment for those that tried to step out of that structure. Those that disobeyed where given the worst imaginable treatment before being disposed of permanently. For that reason, fear ruled his domain, and no one dared break the rules. He would not allow the act of sin to plague his Creation, even if he had to kill without hesitation. Of course, he was not without mercy, even though he saw mortality as a flaw, he gave them a chance to prove themselves worthy of his eyes, and if they did, perhaps their reward would be a second chance at life somewhere else, somewhere he deemed better for them. However, unlike all other version of himself, he would not allow the nature of mortality to touch Heaven, and infect it with its grime. This is why his own iteration of Heaven, was an empty one, one where only he and his most perfect Creations could live, only those that followed his every word, without hesitation.

"For eons, I have allowed the other timelines to exist...." he mumbled to himself as the other angels grew in silence as his words.

"I have always been careful to not allow imperfection in my realm. Ironically enough, I allow mortals to exist, perhaps I am too generous..."

"You are indeed, almighty." Michael said bowing once again.

"This is as far as my limit goes. The knowledge of other worlds outside my own control existing with so much sin has filled my wrath for too long. I did not intervene for so long only because the adversary I would be facing would be other versions of myself, but no more..."

The angels continued to silently stare at the being who spoke to himself. They knew where this was going and were fully aware it would be an all-out war.

" It pains me to do so, but weakness like such cannot be tolerated in this or other worlds no more. We must do what is necessary and remove the plague, even if we must erase their entire worlds."

The angels nodded among each other in agreement.

"I know of a creature, created by a version of myself that wishes to summon me to his world to do such a thing. In his world he is a vile and detestable being... but if he wishes to purify the world of such a sin...perhaps there is salvation in it. I will patiently wait for it to finish the process that it must do before I enter the main timeline...for now I must work on cleansing the others."

He stood up from his throne as he held his two hands out in front of him. A small sphere like object appeared in front of him as he slowly enclosed his large hands around it. The sphere began violently shaking before it cracked under the pressure. It gleamed and let out a loud noise as the energy began shaking Heaven itself.

The angels stared in awe at the display infront of them, the light emanating from the small spherical shape completely overshadowing Heavens own light.

It wasn't long before his hands clapped down on the sphere and a large wave of energy send most of the angels in the area flying back and tumbling on the ground.

However, the tall figure stood strong as he gently opened his hands and a number of broken pieces fell from his hand and onto the ground.

"That's one less timeline from the version of myself I just disposed..."

He glanced up and the angels who were recovering from the impact before he turned around and a portal opened in front of his eyes.

"So many countless more to go..." he said before stepping into the portal.

Suddenly a number of portals all around them opened as the angels glanced around at each other. They knew what this meant, it was time to head out, and spread punishment, in the name of the one true God.