Resurrection?

A lone shadowy figured loomed over the hills of a desolated and dreary graveyard. The only sound that escaped the mist that hovered over the night was of a shovel hitting the soft dirt in front of a grave tomb. On closer inspection, the figure became clearer revealing a small penguin-like creature holding a small appropriately sized shovel to its own height.

It stopped for a second break, taking a deep breath and inspected the tomb. It used its flipper to dust away the accumulated dirt revealing the words 'Here Lies God's an Adventurer An Unfinished Tale by an Incompetent Author. August 08,2018- February 06, 2019'.

The small now recognizable Prinny wiped at its forehead, sat down and stared at his handiwork in silence.

"This is it, the resting place of my book dood."

It glanced around the barely visible night, hoping he wouldn't be attracting any unwanted attention to itself. He casually strolled over to another tomb which read in a clearer engraving 'Here Lies Magus Saga Young and Lost its Life was Taken Short July 25,2018- October 07,2018'.

"Ew, not this one dood."

Silently the Prinny went about its business once more. The hardy shovel striking the dirt echoed through the night. The night continued, un breaking through the skies reach, leaving no openings for a single stretch of light to penetrate its view. It was because of this that the Prinny suddenly felt a chill run down its back as it heard the sounds of footsteps slowly approaching his location.

It dropped the shovel in a panic and looked around in a fright but the fog hid the newcomer's figure behind the veil of darkness. In a moment of desperation, the Prinny ran behind the tombstone and ducked behind it, its breath becoming increasingly heavy and profound the louder the footsteps became. Suddenly they stopped, just a few feet away from where he was. The night was once more drowned in silence but the Prinny could feel the presence of this person or being just behind the tombstone he hid behind. His breathing had come to a halt at the same time the footsteps had seized and he found himself struggling to breath with every passing second.

A voice, soft and amused spoke in a calm tone.

"Is this where the stories go?"

The Prinny perked up, finding the voice of the person familiar. It raised its small body over the tombstone and peaked at the face of the individual he had been hiding from.

"Kami?"

The figure simply smiled and nodded his head. He raised his hand towards the tombstone and examined the words closely before letting out a small whistle.

"So the story is dead huh? Nineteen days and it's dead? Bit of a drama queen are you not?"

The Prinny waddled towards Kami and rubbed its head.

"I-It's just a figure of speech dood. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Came to pay my respects, I mean this was basically my story, or something like that. Ahhh, it had so much potential. Dead a little too early, it wasn't even finished."

The Prinny picked up the shovel and returned back on its work.

Kami stared silently at the Prinny who continued to dig onto the dirt before speaking once again.

"So, is this it?"

"What do you want me to say dood?"

"I don't know, I was expecting some chuckle worthy quips or affirmation about the story coming back to life or something."

"W-well that's why I wrote you into this scenario dood."

"Pardon me?"

"Think about it this way, if the story is dead, who else can bring it back to life than you know, God? Eh? Smart, right?"

"..."

Prinny cleared its throat at the awkward interchange and resumed his work. He had a long dig ahead of him but he was sure he would reach the casket sooner or later.

"Aaahhh, I get it, that's kinda funny I guess." interrupted Kami with a sense of clarity.

"Yeah, I'm digging this son of a gun right back up and we're gonna continue writing this baby dood!"

"And the other one?" Kami said glancing over at the other tombstone.

"One at a time dood. It's hard enough on me to keep pace with one now a days. Besides, considering the direction in which I'm going to take this story, I'm not so sure how many people are going to like the ending."

"I mean as long as you don't kill me off, I'm sure it'll work out for the readers."

"No, you'll be fine, after all you're the rock that holds my entire Universe together dood."

"I'm flattered, really, but I'm not looking for something-"

"Not like that dood, I mean literally."

"I know, just messing with you."

Prinny continued his tedious task, its small figure disappearing below the dirt as it continued to dig deeper into the ground. Finally, there was a loud thud suggesting they had finally reached the casket. It slowly swatted away the dirt over the wooden box and pulled at it with all its strength. The handle snapped open revealing a set of books laying inside the box. It reached with shaking hands and began pulling out each novel with care, slowly handing them over to Kami for safe keeping.

"Careful dood, these are my babies."

"No worries, just keep them coming."

In just a short while Prinny had pulled every book from inside. He waddled over to the pile of books carefully lying on the ground as he sat down and opened one up.

"They're back dood!"

Kami glanced anxiously at one of the books labeled 'Gods an Adventurer Volume 3'.

"Wow you really gonna turn this story dark aren't you?"

"H-hey don't read that, spoilers dood! J-just a bit not too much."

Prinny reach out and swatted the volume from his hands.

"Okay, now what?"

It glanced around with its large eyes and started stacking each book on top of each other.

"Now, we write."