Chapter 60- Not the Bad Guy

What is it that I seek? Perhaps my actions speak for themselves. It's hard to imagine that someone like me needs anything to begin with. I have it all really, or had it all, power, a domain to rule over, a more than adequate relationship with my so-called family. A well fit being of my stature would probably have settled for such a thing, but I just can't help it. Every time I think of Kami, my 'brother', the one who created me, took me in as his equal while aware that I was just a failed experiment of his, it bothers me. I don't think I hate him, far from it, I truly do love Kami despite our differences, even the situation right now is but a small struggle in the centuries that we've known each other. Even so, I can't help but feel that somewhere in that family love, is a mixture of jealousy and rage towards him. I am chained, after all, to the idea that who I am is what he created me to be; his adversary. Our natures are opposites, similar to our sisters. I am bound by this desire of Death, to remove his existence from the throne in which he sits, to reap his soul and claim it under my domain. Truly, a perfect world would follow from there, one where his Creation no longer sees me as pain. One where they don't look as me as though I was to blame for the loss of their loved ones. Can't they see, my brother is the one at fault here. Everything he touches and makes, is flawed. Am I the only one that sees this? My love for him does not blind me from such a truth. This is why I seekto mold the souls of Creation into true free will, and this is why this game that we play now, is nothing more than a step towards my true goal. In time, I hope the mortals of this realm, as well as those throughout the Universes expanding in all the Omniverse, see that I am the true savior of this story.

Shi ponder deeply into his own thoughts as he glanced outside a large window. His stare was unmoving from the darken sky above. It was all that remained of the world that he had tried creating in this Universe. He could sense Kami's presence, moving everywhere at once, slowly fixing his progress as though saying 'See how easy it is to undo everything you work for?'

He snickered and glanced back at the single girl whose eyes were glued to his presence.

"Do you regret any of it?"

"Huh?"

"Do you regret, being here, with me, instead of Kami?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"You were once his companion, even if for a small time. I understand that I molded your soul to see the path that I wish to create, but does this mean I am doing exactly what he does...make souls shaped into his bidding? Am I really the bad guy here?"

He needed some confirmation, even if from this insignificant mortal that he wasn't the one with evil intentions.

"I... can't say for sure. Everything before you changed me seems so unimportant now compared to this. I know how I'm supposed to feel about Kami. I know how I'm supposed to feel about my father and Keishi. I even remember the sensation of having them as my friends for a while but...not anymore."

Her eyes ripped apart from his for the first time as she carefully glanced around them room, as if having a difficult time understanding what it was she was going to answer.

"It didn't work all that well on his Archangel, Sayu. I thought the results would be similar... perhaps being together for so long, transcends the short burst of realization from the truth I tried presenting. Perhaps their bond was far stronger than I expected."

"..."

"I can understand that sentiment, after all, despite my brotherly love for Kami, I know what must be done to rid ourselves of suffering, something he doesn't intend to do. What we feel and what must be done are two different things after all."

Marie nodded her head in agreement as she thought back to the moment she took her father's life.

"That I can understand, it's how I am now, thanks to you!" she said happily gripping on the edge of her seat. Her smile faded instantly as she continued.

"What about your powers, Kami took them away."

"Oh, that? Don't fret too much on it...I was a bit perplexed at first but he didn't exactly do that. He's interrupting the flow of Death in the Omniverse making me significantly weaker. I assume he has his angels running around collecting souls as Angels of Death instead of my reapers. My powers should gradually increase back to normal, much more so if I can stop the angels."

Marie blinked, feeling a bit dazed at the words Shi had tossed around but nodded her head happily.

"For now, we should focus on the next step."

He took the small crystal he had stored in his pocket and admired the gleaming light inside. It was the essence of Creation, or atleast, one close enough. Kami imprinted his angels and souls with such power, hoping that one day they would be able to achieve the same feats he does.

"Don't you find it funny, Kami gives mortality a fraction of his power so they too can use Creation, yet in all of history not a single one, among the endless beings he's created, have they been able to achieve a fraction of what he can do. He tries so hard to make an equal, I always wondered why. I was his first trial and failed, everyone after that is just a lazy attempt...still, nothing as strong as the one he made for his little Sayu, closest thing to pure Creation besides Heaven. Much easier getting hers."

He glanced back at the girl who only nodded her head as if understanding what he wanted. She slowly got up and walked towards the door behind them and opened them ever so slightly.

A small face, one belonging to a child leaned through the crack of the opening. Her eyes were closed but her head still moved around the room as if looking to see if it was safe.

"Come in, don't be so shy."

The kid let out a small gasp but quickly rushed in at the sound of Shi's voice. She was a small, maybe around five. She took a larger number of steps than the average person to make her way towards him as she stopped just a few inches of the towering image of Shi looking down at her.

"How's the progress doing?"

The kid sniffled a bit, her head leaning down towards the floor as she mumbled.

"Slow..."

"Oh? That's a shame...don't worry though, we've got a bit of time before then. I'm hoping your power develops to the point I need."

She rubbed on her face, her eyes still closed as her faced moved up towards Shi's.

"Okay..."

Shi leaned down and patted the head of the small child as he handed over the crystal over to the shy kid. It gleamed in her small palms and let out a small echoing sound similar to a howl. Eventually it stopped and became a normal looking ball made of glass.

"It'll be fine, all you have to do, is drag that Kami into this Universe, the one I've given you visions of, and we can get this game rolling, okay?"

She nodded her head, grasping the small orb in her hand and slowly making her way out. Shi only smiled with delight as he looked back at Marie and whistled.

"I should really give her back her eyes, she's come around ever since I took them. A reward is in order."