20

ARIA STARES DOWN AT the bright flames of the fire, the wind whistling in her ears

ARIA STARES DOWN AT the bright flames of the fire, the wind whistling in her ears. Daryl continuously shoves a stick in the fire, the simple act entertaining him. The pair have spent all day together, mostly in silence but spoke when they felt the need to. "We can't find Lori and the others aren't back yet either." Aria snaps her head up, greeting Carol with soft eyes.

Aria pushes herself off the grass, dusting her dark jeans off. As she gets ready to leave, Daryl speaks up, a sigh escaping her mouth as she listens to what he says. "That dumb bitch must've gone off looking for 'em." Blowing out a breath, Aria rubs her forehead, knowing Daryl's getting ready to explode. "What?"

"Yeah, she asked me to go. I told her I was done being an errand boy." Carol looks over at Aria in disbelief, Aria feeling uncomfortable under Carol's stare. Aria feels like a child getting scolded by its mom for doing something bad. "And you didn't say anything?" Carol asks, her eyes wide as she turns her attention back to Daryl. Lowering her blue eyes down to the fire, Aria listens as Carol walks away, debating whether to follow her or not.

Carol walks back towards the pair, shaking her head. "Don't do this." Realizing this conversation may be personal between the two, Aria excuses herself, beginning to walk away, her stare down on the ground, watching her converse. If Lori ends up being dead, Aria won't know what to do. Part of her feels like it would be her fault because she stayed with Daryl instead of running after Lori but the other part feels nothing. Absolutely nothing.

She shuffled over towards Andrea, Carl and Dale, her mind scrambled with thoughts. Shane stomps over, a hand running over his shaven head. "She's not at the barn." He grunts, slowing down next to the group. T-Dog walks over, shaking his head. "I checked the yards." She's gone, she left to find them. Aria screams in her mind, mentally rolling her eyes at the oblivious group. As she goes to speak up, Carol rushes over, panting. "She asked Daryl to go into town. She must've gone herself." She breathes out, tiny drops of sweat dripping down her face.

Carl whimpers, his hand raising to cover his mouth. Marching away, Andrea looks after him, an sympathetic look on her face. "Did you know about this?" Shane asks, marching up towards Dale. Aria's breath hitches in her throat, her mind remembering what had happened in the woods. "No." Dale denies, shaking his head, staring Shane straight into the eyes, showing no fear. "Look, just—did she take a gun?" Shane asks, his hand held out in front of him to emphasize his worry.

Dale shrugs slightly, the rifle shaking over his should. "I don't know." Shane sighs, stomping over to the light green vehicle. Hopping into the vehicle, he drives off, leaving a trail of dust behind him.

Andrea, T-Dog, Dale and Aria sit around the tents, waiting for anyone to come. "What's up with you and Dixon?" T-Dog asks, directing the question towards Aria. Lowering her hand from her face, Aria raises an eyebrow, confusion clear in her eyes. "What do you mean?" T-Dog chuckles, looking up towards where Daryl is staying before turning back towards Aria, everyone looking at her, waiting for an answer.

She shakes her head, rolling her eyes at them. "Nothing is going on between us." She tells them, looking down at her shoes, annoyance filling her. "Yeah and the dead doesn't walk." T-Dog utters, shaking his head. Aria frowns, raising her head. Nothing is going on between the two, so why do they have to bother her about it?

As they are about to question her again, she stands to her feet, walking away.