A Meeting with Padfoot

It was now march. Things were starting to warm up and the chill of winter was now leaving. On Friday at breakfast Harry reserved a letter from Sirius setting up a time and place for their meeting at hogsmeat. Saturday afternoon at 2 at the end of the road leading into hogsmeat. The golden trio went off to their double period, potions class. She felt bad for them. They were in transformation with McGonagall when a news paper clipping fell onto her desk. She looked up to see that Cedric had thrown in. He had a grim expression on his face. Danie opened it up and read the news paper clipping.

HARRY POTTER'S
SECRET HEARTACHE

Deprived of love from the tragedic demise of his parents , 14 year old Harry Potter though he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts. Muggle born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet an another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

This is rediculous! Danie yelled in her head. She was no longer paying attention to what professor McGonagall was teaching.

Miss Granger , a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum , Bulgaria Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup. Miss Granger has been toying with both boys affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, had already invited her to visit him over the summer.

" I can't read any more of this rubbish" Danie whispered frustrated. " You might want to" " read the last paragraph" whispered the twins who were reading over her shoulder. She sighed and skimmed the article to the last paragraph.

It is a great suprise that Harry Potter's , supposed, older sister Danielle Lily Potter. Has not in to stop Miss Grainger from toying with the heart of the brother she seems so protective of. But how much do we know about this Danielle and who she really is.

Danie crumpled up the paper and shoved it in her bag . This is absolutely rediculous. How is that horrid woman still aloud to write. "Are you ok?" The twins asked. " I will be" she sighed letting her anger fall away with everyone breath. Tuning back into the conversation. The twins made an extra effort to be distracting and fooling to help cheer her up. And in all honesty it worked rather well.

* * *

It was finally Saturday and the time to meet Sirius had come. They walked to the place that Sirius had instructed them to go. Harry was carrying a bag of food for Sirius. A shaggy black dog waited for them. In his mouth was some crumpled news paper. " Hello Sirius". " Padfoot" the potters greeted. Sirius walked them to a small opening at the foot of a mountain. It was a tight squeeze but they managed to make it through alright. Inside was a large cave. Standing on the far side stood Buckbeak the Hippogriff. Hermione walked over to him and with his permission pet his feathery neck. Sirius transfigured back into a person. He hadn't changed his clothes since the last time Harry saw him. His hair was longer and he looked dieter. He was very thing. " Chicken" Sirius said , her voice hoarse. Harry pulled a bundle of chicken legs and breast out on his bag and handed it to Sirius. The man sat on the cave floor and undid the bundle digging into a chicken leg. " Godric padfoot just because you can turn into an animal doesn't mean you can act like one" Danie looked disgusted by the way he was devouring the chicken. " I disagree Paw's" he picked up another leg throwing the bone to Buckbeak " I've been living off rats mostly, can't steel too much food from hogsmeat or I'll draw attention to myself" Sirius smiled at Harry. " What are you doing here Sirius?" Harry asked. " Fulfilling my duty as godfather" Sirius said downing the chicken like a dog. " Don't worry about me, I'm pretending to be a loveable stray" he explained. Sirius could obviously see Harry's anxious face and changed the subject into the topic at hand. " Your last letter... We'll let's just say things are getting fishier. I've been stealing the paper every time someone throws one out, and by the look of things I'm not the only one getting worried. " This was clear buy the piles of Daily prophet papers spread across the floor. " What if you get caught" Harry asked worried. " You lot and Dumbledore are the only ones around here that know I'm an Animagus" looking around at some of the prophet titles. 'Mystery Illness Of Bartemius Crouch'. ' Ministry Witch shill missing'. " They make it sound like he's dying" Harry says reading the article. " My brother is Crouch assistant" Ron told Sirius. " Says he's suffering from over work." " He did look I'll last time is saw him up close" continuing to read the article. " The night my name came out of the goblet" " Getting his comeuppance for sacking Winky isn't he" Hermione said coldly still getting Buckbeak. " I bet he wishes he hadn't done it now , bet he feels different now he's not there to take care of him" Ron just rolled his eyes at this " she's obsessed with house elves" Ron muttered to Sirius. Sirius looked interested by this. " crouch sacked his house elf?" He asked. " Yeah at the Quidditch world cup" Harry went on to talk about the events of the Quidditch world cup, the dark mark and Winky being found with Harry's wand. " Wait you three where there that night?!" Danie was most suprise by this. " yeah, I thought you saw what happened in Harry's life with the weird connection thing" Ron said. " I do but I don't see everything" Sirius ignored them, standing up. " Let me get this straight, you first saw the elf in the top box she was saving a seat for crouch, right?". The golden trip nodded " right" they said together. " But Crouch didn't turn up to the match?". " No" Harry said. "I think he said he was too busy" Sirius started to paced back and forth thinking. " Harry did you check for your wand once you left the top box ?" Sirius asked. " Er...no. I didn't need to use it before we got into the forest. " Harry said. " You think whoever used Harry's wand to conjured the mark, stole it in the top box " Danie crossed her arms. "It's possible" Sirius was still pacing " Winky didn't steel that wand !" Argued Hermione. " The elf wasn't the only one in the box, who else was there?" Sirius asked. " Loads of people, some Bulgarian Minister , Cornelius Fudge, the Malfoys-". " The Malfoys!" Ron yelled. " I bet is was Lucius Malfoy" " anyone else?" Asked Sirius " no one" Harry answered. " Yes there was, Ludo Bagman " Hermione reminded them. " Oh yeah" Harry remembered. " I don't know much about Bagman except he used to be Beater for the Wimbourne Wasps" said Sirius " what's he likes?" " He's Ok" Harry explained. " He keeps offering to help me with the Triwizard Tournament". " Does he now? The older man frowned. " I wonder why that is" " says he's taken a liking to me" Harry explained further. Sirius pondered this. " We saw him in Forest just before the dark mark appeared" Hermione told Sirius.
"when the dark mark was conjured in the else had been discovered holding Harry's one and what did Crouch do?" He asked. " He looked in the bushes , but there wasn't anyone else there" Harry said. " Of course!" Sirius looked like a mad man. Pacing. " Of course he want to pin it on someone but his own elf ....then he sacked her?" " Yes! " Hermione said heatedly. " He asked her just because she didn't stay in the tent and let herself be trampled-". " Hermione will you give it a rest with the elf" Ron cried. Sirius shook his head. " she's got the measure of Crouch better than you have Ron, if you want to know what a is man take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, nothing is equals" Sirius ran his hand over his shaggy face. Sirius went into the story of how Barty Crouch was the man who sent him to azkaban without a trial, the man who sent many people to azkaban with that to trial. How he stoop to the level of the Death eaters. Faught violence with violence. in the end he even ended up sending his own son Barty Crouch jr. Where one year later the boy died. A man who was so close to becoming the minister of magics reputation was now ruined and he was still trying to get it back." Moody says Crouch is obsessed with catching dark Wizards" Harry said to Sirius. " Yeah I've heard that, its kind of a mania with him" "and he sneaked up here to search snape's office!" Ron added to the conversation. " Yes, and that doesn't make sense at all" Sirius was still pondering. " Yes it does!" Ron exclaimed. Sirius disagreed. " Listen, if Crouch wants to investigates snape why hasn't he come to judge the tournament? It would be the idea excuse to make regular visits Hogwarts and keep an eye on him" " so do you think Snape could be up to something then?" Harry asked. "Look I don't care what you said Dumbledore Trust-". " Oh come off it Hermione!" Ron groaned" I think I'm with those brilliant and everything but that doesn't mean a really clever dark was it couldn't fool him!". " why did Snape save Harry is life in the first year then? why didn't he just let him die? ". " I don't know maybe he thought Dumbledore would kick him out-" Danie interrupted Ron and Hermione's little back and forth. " I think we should keep open minds and try to look at this from every angle" she expressed her opinion. " What do you think Sirius?" Harry asked. " I think they've both got a point" he looked at Ron and Hermione. " ever since I found out Snape was teaching here. I've wondered why Dumbledore hired him. Snape always been fascinated by the dark arts. He was famous for its at school. slimy, oily greasy haired kid he was" Ron and Harry both exchange smiles. " Snape knew more curses in his first year when he arrived at school than half of the kids in Seventh year and he was part of a gang of Slytherin's who nearly all turned out to be Death Eaters. " Sirius held out his fingers and started to list off names. " Rosier, Wilkes, they were killed by Auras. The lestranges they're a married couple , they're in Azkaban. Avery, from what I know he wormed his way out of trouble by saying he'd been under the imperiu curse, he's still at large. But as far as I know , Snape was never even even accused of being a Death Eater. Not that that means much. Plenty of them where never caught and Snape is certainly clever enough to keep himself out of trouble" the boys talked a bit more about Snape, karkaroff abd their curious interaction on friday. Danie didn't like Snape. She hardly respected the man but there was apart of her that couldn't believe he was a Death Eater. " You said your brother's Crouchs personal assistant? Any chance you could ask him if he's seen Crouch lately?" Sirius asked. " I can try, better not make it sound like I reckon crouch is up to anything dodgy, though. Percy loves Crouch." Ron looked doubtful. " And you might try and find out whether they've got any leads on Bertha Jorkins while you're at it" said Sirius. " Bagman told me they hadn't" Harry Said. " What time is it?" Sirius asked. Harry went to check his watch but it didn't work anymore. Not since he wore it into the black lake. " It's half past three" Hermione spoke up. " You'd better get back to school, now listen " he looked at Harry specifically. " I don't want you lot sneaking out of school to see me. All right? Just send notes to me here . I still want to hear about anything odd. but you're not to go leaving Hogwarts without permission it would be an ideal opportunity for someone to attack" Sirius was actually acting like a responsible adult which really impressed Danie. " He has a point Harry" Danie agreed with Sirius " No one has tried to attack me just a dragon and some Grindylows" Harry said. " I don't care, I'll breath free again when this Tournament's over, and that's not until June. And don't forget when you're talking about me amongst yourselves, call me Sniffled, OK?" Sirius transformed into a dog once more and walked them to the edge of the village. From there they walked through hogsmead to the castle. " Wonder if Percy knows all that stuff about Crouch? " Ron wondered as they walked. " But maybe he doesn't care....itd probably just make him admire Crouch even more. Yeah Percy loves rules. He'd just say crouch was refusing to break them even for his own son" " Percy would never throw any of his family to the Dementors " Hermione said sternly. " I don't know....if he thought we were standing in the way of his career .....Percy is really ambitious, you know .." " Ron your family and Crouchs are very different" Danie gave him a warm smile.