Change in management

After Frienze first day and decided to pay him a visit in his new classroom. It was a fairly unused classroom that was enchanted to look like a forest. A bit brighter than the forbidden Forest but not all that different. Danie walked in cautiously. "Professor Frienze?" Danie called out. The tall centaur came galloping forward, stopping right infront of Danie. "Please, only call me Frienze. Danielle Potter" Danie was a bit surprised that he knew her name but she supposed that she should have expected as much. "Come with me" Frienze started to walk off deeper into the enchanted classroom. Danie looked back and the door before following Frienze deeper into classroom forest. They walked into the darker part of the classroom where a fire was lit. Frienze sat down and Danie did the same. For and enchantment everything felt very real. "I wanted to thank you. I know saving my brother back in his first year and coming here to teach has put a disfavorable mark on your reputation amongst your pack. " Danie told him. Her voice soft and warm like the light of the fire. "No many humans would understand that. I can see you are not like your pears. But you were unlike them from the start" said Frienze. The centaur gestured for Danie to look into the fire. "Tell me what is it you see"
She saw the fire. The sparks felting of the top."flames...the burning wood?" She said unsure. "Not what is physically before you. Look deeper" She could feel the warmth of the fire heating up her face. Her mind felt fuzzy. She stared deep into the base of the flames. The fire started to swirl and contort into images. She saw rows upon rows of crystal balls. " A room filled with crystal balls. Endless rows of them. " As she looked into the fire she swore she could here something. Faint. A song maybe?

* * *

Everyone in the DA had moved on to practice the Patronus charm. "To conger a Patronus you have to have a happy thought. A really happy thought. " Harry told the group. "Casting a Patronus charm in here and casting one in the dark, surrounded by Dementors is a completely different story" he warned.
"All you have to do is think happy thoughts. What is this Neverland?" Said Zacharias Smith. Danie walked over to him. "Imagine yourself infront of a being that turns the air cold and drains all happiness from the you. It's not so easy then" Zacharias looked taken back. Danie turned and returned to her place at front beside Harry. " Now Danie's going to demonstrate" Danie nodded at Harry and pulled her wand out. The memory of Remus when she told him she had become an Animagus to be with with during the full moon was the memory she chose. She pointed her wand out infront of her and in a clear voice said. "Expecto Patronum" a blue spirit like bear shot out the tip of her wand. The bear floated around the room swirling around a few people before disappearing. Everyone was in awe. This was one of the most anticipated spells but most of them have never seen a fully visible Patronus before. " Fine a powerful thought that fills you with joy and give it a try" Danie announced. Everyone got to work trying to get their Patronus to come out. For their first try it wasn't so bad. Though the environment was filled with joy and excitement. Danie strolled off to check on the twins. "Well hello Professor Potter" the twins said with bright smiles. "How's it going?" She asked them. The twins looked at eachother with cheeky smiles. "After you George" "after you Fred ". "Expecto Patronum" the said in unison. A large puff of blue vaper. Followed by disappointed faces. "This is good. This is really good, keep working at it" Danie told them happily.
Harry and Danie spent the rest of the time walking around helping people and giving pointers. Dobby came into the room looking distressed. Danie and everyone looked at Harry and the frightened elf. "Hi Dobby, what are you--- what's wrong?"
Harry Potter sir..." The poor elf was shacking. Danie walked over to Dobby and Harry. "Harry Potter ...oh Danielle Potter Miss.....Dobby has come to warn you....but the house elves have been warned not to tell..." Dolby ran head first at the wall. Danie kneeled down and grabbed Dobby to stop himself for running at the wall again. "Tell us what's wrong Dobby" Danie told him in a general but firm voice. "Harry Potter.... Danielle Potter.....she .....she.."
"Who's she Dobby?" Harry asked.
"Umbridge?" Danie asked. Dobby tried to bang his head off Danie's knee.
"What about her? Dobby , she hasn't found out about this, about us, about the DA? " Harry asked horrified. Dobby looked like he wanted to say something but he tried to kick himself instead.
"Is she coming?" Harry asked. Doing let out a howl.
"Yes, Harry Potter yes!"
Harry and Danie turned around at the frightened faces behind them. Danie let go of Dobby and stood up.
"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry yelled. "RUN!"
"GO TO THE LIBRARY, THE OWLRY. GET TO YOUR COMMON ROOMS OF YOU CAN" Danie ordered. Groups of people flooded out of the doors. "Danie common!" George yelled at her. "Go I'll meet you in the common room" she told him. He was practically dragged away by Lee and Fred. Harry ordered dobby to stop hitting himself and go back to the kitchen. "And if anyone asked you about this. Lie!" Danie ordered. Danie and Harry split up. It would be in their benefit not to be seen together at the moment. Danie was running down the hall twords the kitchen. She could pretend to be getting a snack when she ran into a Slytherin 7th year. She recognized him but couldn't remember his name. He had a hefty build. Actually everything about his was hefty. He seized her by the arm. "Let me go! " Danie yelled. "I'm taking you to the headmaster. " He said with a smirk. "Let go!" Danie ripped her arm away from him. "Good! I'll be sure to tell him how idiotic you are!" She stormed off to Dumbledore's office. The Slytherin boy struggling to keep up. It remained that way all the way till they reached Dumbledore's office. "Sorry to interrupt you headmaster but--- what's going on?" Dumbledore sat behind his desk, McGonagall by his side. Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic stood by the fire. Percy Weasley by his side. Umbridge stood by Harry near the entrance. Kingsley and a tough looking aura stood off into the corner.
"As Ms. Potter how fitting of you to join us. And Mr. Yakkesly thank you for bringing her" the Slytherin boy smiled at Umbridge with pride. "He didn't bring me I brought myself thank you very much. " Danie corrected the toad like woman. "You may go Yakkesly" the Slytherin boy nodded and left the room. "No where we?" Fudge asked happily. " You will remember Minister that I sent you a report back in October that the Potters I met a number of fellow students in the hogshead in hogsmeade--"
"Where's your evidence?" McGonagall cut Umbridge off.
"I have testimony from Willy Wonka, Minerva, who happened to be in the bar at the time. He was heavily bandaged, it is true, but his hearing was quite unimpaired" Umbridge said smugly. " He heard every word The Potter's said in hastened straight to the school to report to me---"
"Oh so that's why he wasn't prosecuted for setting up all those regurgitating toilets" McGonagall raised a brow. "What an interesting insight into our justice system!" Danie couldn't help but feel a great pride in having McGonagall as head of Gryffindor house.
"Blimey Corruption!" A red nosed wizard yelled from his portrait. "The ministry did not cut deals with petty criminals in my day, no sir, they did not"
"Thank you , Fortescue, that will do" Dumbledore told the red nosed wizard softly.
"The purpose of the Potter's meeting with the students" Umbridge continued "was to persuade them to join an illegal society whose aim was to learn spells and curses the ministry has started are inappropriate for school age--"
"I think you'll find you're wrong there Dolores" Dumbledore said quietly. It would be interesting to see how Dumbledore got out of this one.
" Oho! " Fudge laughed bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. " Yes do let's hear the latest cock-and-bull story design to pull Potter out of trouble go on then Dumbledore go on, Willy Widdershins was lying, was he? Or was it Potter's identical twin in the Hogs head that day? Or is there at the usual simple explanation involving a reversal of time, a dead man coming back to life and a couple of invisible Dementors?"
Percy let out a Hardy laugh. "Oh, very good , Minister, very good!"
"Oh shut up Weasle be." Danie said loudly getting annoyed
"It's Weasley!" Percy said puffing out his chest. Danie walked up to him.
"No, it's not! The Weasleys are Kind and Loyal. They give and ask for nothing in return" Danie's voice started to get a bit louder. "How dare you turn your back in your family like that!! Do you have any idea how worried they are about you! Do you have any idea what kid of he'll you're putting your mother through!"
"That's enough Danielle" McGonagall placed a hand on her shoulder. Danie was breathing heavily. Percy looked taken aback. " A man who willingly turns his back on his family is no man at all. " She said in a heavy whispered. McGonagall walked Danie over to her spot by Dumbledore. " Hem hem. Before we were so rudely interrupted the headmaster was going to tell us why I am...wrong" Umbridge said with a smirk. "you really haven't figured it out" Danie said. She was still riding the edge of her anger. "Figured what out?!" Percy snapped. Danie looked up at Dumbledore. "May I explain professor?" She asked him. "Be my guest" was his reply. Danie took in a deep breath and let her anger out with a sigh.
" I won't lie, Harry and I were meeting with the other students to see if they'd be interested in joining a Defence group--"
"Ha! I knew its. She's not even going to--"
"Let me finish!" Danie snapped at Percy. "As I was saying were their with the intent of starting a group, the banning of all students organization and societies wasn't put into effect until two days later so we didn't end up going through with the idea" Danie finished. Danie could see Harry smiling at her with a relieved expression. Percy looked like someone had just Stupifyed his face. Fudge was motionless.
"That is all very fine, Ms. Potter" Umbridge said "but we are now nearly six months on form the introduction of educational decree number Twenty-Four if the meeting was not illegal all those that happened since most certainly are"
" Well, he certainly would be if they had continued after the decree came into effect. Do you have any evidence that any such meetings continued?"
"I'd just like to say that it wouldn't have been illegal if we had it would just be breaking the rules." Danie added.
Umbridge brought Marietta, Cho's friend, forward to tell everyone about the last 6 months of DA meetings. Luckily she denied all accusation about any illegal meetings. Thank Kingsley for altering her memory well no one was looking. Unfortunately for Marietta, Umbridge started to violently shake the poor girl. And for the first time Dumbledore looked genuinely angry. She sticky got to his feet and struck Umbridge on the hand . Releasing Marietta from her grip. "Dolores" Fudge said clearly looking to wrap things up "the meeting tonight the one we know about, definitely happened"
"Yes" set umbrage pulling out a parchment with the DA members names on it. fudge on bridge and Percy like both pleased and horrified at the site of the list. The names of the members of Dumbledore's Army. Fudge looked ready to take Dumbledore to Azkaban then and there. Harry and professor McGonagall.
"It was me. I started it" Danie spoke up catching everyone's attention. Even the portraits of the old head master.
"Danie No!" Harry yelled. He couldn't loose another family member. If Danie was sent to Azkaban he would never forgive himself. " It was my choice to start this" he argued. Danny stepped in front of Harry when the eyes shifted to the thin, messy haired boy. " I thought that if Professor Umbridge refuse to teach us real defense I would take matters into my own hands" Danie made sure to keep her voice loud and steady.
"It's very Noble of you Potter's to Shield name but as it's been pointed out the parchment clearly says Dumbledore's Army not Potter instructed Harry and Danielle to form this organization and I and I alone am responsible for tactics" Dumbledore said. The attention of the room once again was placed on Dumbledore.
" disbanded owl to the daily prophet if we hurry we can still make the Morning edition Dolores, Shacklebolt will you escort Dumbledore's to Azkaban" Fudge ordered looking quite pleased with himself. " For conspiracy and sedition"
" I thought we might hit this little snag" Said Dumbledore "you seem to be laboring on the delusion that I am going to, what was the phrase, come quietly well I can tell you this I have no intention of going to Azkaban."
The ministry members started to approach Dumbledore with caution.
"Enough! Get him !" Umbridge Ordered. Suddenly a loud cry filled the room. Fawkes flew into Dumbledore's office and flew over top of Dumbledore's head. The old wizard grabbed hold of Fawkes claws. In a ball of fire and light the two of them disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys I'm back. I'd just like to say thank you for your patience and for taking interest in my fanfic.
~Robin ❤️