Umbrige is a Bitch

The next morning at breakfast Danie noticed McGonagall and Dumbledore deep in a whispered conversation and many of the other teachers looking around at one another in an anxious fashion. "What do you think their talking about?" Danie said in a bit of a whisper. "No idea probably how much homework to torture us with. Lee said taking a bite of his toast. "If I've said this once, I've said it a million times. You worry too much" Fred pointed his fork at Danie. "Maybe but I can't shake this bad--"
An owl dropped a copy of the daily prophet and a letter from Remus on the table infront of her and flew off. "You are subscribed to the daily prophet? Why? All their stuff is trash" Angelina said looking over to table at the prophet and the letter. Danie picked up the copy of the prophet and flipped through the pages. "It spews nothing but nonsense but right now it's my only way to be informed about what's going on outside of Hogwarts" Danie stopped at one of the leading articles.

Mass Breakout From Azkaban! Ministry Fears Black Is 'Rallying Point ' For Old Death Eaters.

Danie looked down at the title in horror. Obviously the others noticed.

The Ministry announced late lastnight that there has been a mass Breakout from Azkaban.
Speaking to reporters in his privet office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic , Confirmed that ten high security escaped in the early hours of yesterday evening and that he has already informed the Muggle prime Minister of the dangerous nature of these individuals.

Danie dropped the paper on the table and held herself. She felt and looked sick. She truly feared what would come next. Lee the twins and Angelina all read the paper in turn. Soon all four of them were shared Danie's expression. Danie read her letter from Remus.

I don't want you to leave the school. Stay put. Tell Harry to do the same.
~Remus

"Look were safe at Hogwarts. Dumbledore scares you know you" Fred said breaking the silence as they walked to class. "Exactly, besides with the DA we know how to protect ourselves" George added. "Yeah...yeah! You know who wouldn't can't even scratch Dumbledore." Lee said. "He may be old but he's still one of the greatest wizards known today" Angelina voiced. Lee and Angelina seemed to be light up after this notion, Danie on the other hand was not. She was too worried what this ment for Harry. Fred , Lee and Angelina walked into history. George held Danie behind. "Hey" Danie looked up at him. " It will be ok, you know that. ". "Do I? Dark times are coming and I don't know if we will be prepared in time" Danie looked at her feet. " The order is more prepared. Dumbledore it's taking action and the ministry has to come around sooner or later" George placed his hands on her shoulders. The 17 year old girl didn't say anything. " Look at me" George said in a faint voice. She looked up at him. Even at a time like this he still managed to keep a smile on his face. " Besides there's no way we can loose to a guy that was beaten by a baby" Danie let out what could only be discribed as a cross between a sigh and a chuckle.
It wasn't long before another decree was past by the grand high bitch herself. Teachers were now forbidden to talk to students about anything that is not strictly about the subject they where paid to teach. It was now very common to find teachers in 2s or 3s whispering to one another but bringing their conversation to an abrupt hult when students walked a bit too close. That afternoon in Defense Against the Dark Arts the new decree was a big topic of conversation amongst the students. Lee being himself brought some exploding snaps into class despite Danie's warning. "Lee put those things away before Umbridge See's" Danie warned in a whisper. Lee had a few of them layout on his desk for all to see. "It's not a big deal. I'm just giving Umbridge a taste of her own medicine" he had a wicked smirk on his face. "Lee your actions have consequences. " Before Danie could speak further Umbridge began the class. . "Hem hem. " Professor Umbridge pretended to clear her throat."I would assume that you all don't need instruction trunk to chapter 50" everyone did as she said. Though Danie could tell that ever few people were actually reading the material. Class went on slowly. Painfully slow it was so deathly silent you could hear a pin if someone were to drop one. So the sound of cards shuffling was clearly heard. Danie looked up to notice that Lee Fred and George were playing a game of Exploding snap. A popular game amongst Wizarding teens. "What are you-" before Danie could finished umbridge pretended to clear her throat. "Hem hem" everyone was now eyeing their Defence professor and the 3 troublemalers. " Would you like to play professor?" George asked innocently. " No, thank you Mr. Weasley. I would however like to know why it is you are not reading the assigned chapter. " They way she said it made it seem like less of a question and more of a statement " we finished the chapter Ms. " Fred said simply. " Exploding snap's got nothing to do with Defense Against the Dark Arts professor! That's not information related to your subject" Lee said smugly. There were some laughs amongst the students. Umbridge didn't seem amused. " I think a evenings detention and 20 points from Gryffindor would do you some good. Mr. Jordan "
"NO!" Danie said a bit louder than she had intended to. "Do we have a problem Ms. Potter?" Umbridge asked with a pious look on her face. "No.... professor" Danie stared her down. "Then sit down" Danie hadn't even realized she was standing up. Her palms flat on her desk. Danie slowly sat down. "I will see you tonight in my office, 5 sharp. Danie didn't say anything for the rest of class and barely talked for for the rest of the day.
It wasn't until they reached the common room at the end of the day that Danie spoke up. "Come with me" Danie grabbed Lee by the wrist and dragged him up the boys dormitories steps before he had a chance to react. Once they reached Lee's shared dorm Danie let go of Lee's wrist and pushed him onto his bed. "Whoa, whao, whao. You're attractive and all but I'm not into you like that" Lee joked. "What?! No! That's--- Godic Lee how could you be so stupid" Danie rubbed face with her hand. " Well it is my specialty" Lee finger gunned, Fred and George walked into the room. " We could have told you that" the three boys laughed. " This isn't a joke this is serious! " She almost yelled at them. "It was fine when it was just Harry and I but if she starts using it on other students--"
"It was not fine when itd.
" It's best not to tell any of the professors. "Danie taped her bottom lip with her finger, in thought.
"Why not tell a teacher. Maybe they can get the old hag sacked. " Fred voiced flopping down on his bed.
"Umbridge has power over teachers remember. If she sees them as 'unfit'(air quotations) she can have them out of Hogwarts before we can say Royal Hippogriff"
"What is going on?! I'm just getting detention it's not like I'm being shipped of to war" Lee said in a bit of a panicked voice. Wondering what they were all talking about. " That's no us hiding it " Fred told Danie. The girl let out a deep sigh and took a seat on George bed, looking at Lee. George sat beside her and put his arm around her shoulder for comfort. Danie explained what really happened when Danie and Harry got detention from Umbridge. About the blood quills and her less then pleasant commentary and how Fred and George found out. "Merlin's beard Danielle. " That was the first time he had ever called her by her full name. " Why didn't you tell anyone?" He asked looking genuinely concerned. " I can't , if I told a teacher and they went against Umbridge they could very well loose their job. And I didn't want to tell you lot because I was afraid you where going to do something stupid and get yourself in detention" Danie pushed the hair out of her face. " hopefully the blood quills were just for Harry and I and she won't use them on anyone else"
Unfortunately this was not the case for when Lee got back that evening from his detention with umbridge his hand was bleeding. Danie felt of rage. If she wasn't sure that umbridge would expel her, she would storm her office and giver her hell, but for now a calm approach was needed. The twins Danie and Lee where the only ones in the common room. "Come sit" Danie gestured Lee to sit at the table with them. He obliged. Danie cleaned the cuts on the back of his hand before adding the cream. "I can't believe you and Harry went through weeks of that." Lee groaned. Hissing at the pain of his cuts. "It was a nice way to tell her off" Danie said in a angered grumble, now wrapping his hand. "Does it leave a scar? " Lee asked hesitantly. "For you, it shouldn't. If you get yourself in detention again probably" Danie explain finishing up with Lee's hand. "Is that why you do what she says. So you don't get detention" Fred asked. " No, I'm almost certain she is looking for any reason to get me expelled. I can't let that happen" with a flick of her wand the medical supplies was gone. "Please, no more detentions with Us" she wasn't asking she was telling. "Trust me I won't" Lee said

In the coming weeks everyone in the DA worked harder then ever and everyone was making a big improvement. No one more than Neville. The News of the Azkaban prisoners breaking out had lit a fire. If anyone had their doubts before they were gone now. With Quidditch practice and DA meetings January passed by in a blur. Quidditch practice was the very opposite of the DA. The more then practiced the worse they seem to get. Ron did well if he wasn't a bundle of nerves but that was as rare as seeing Dumbledore besides meal times. Ginny wasn't bad . Like the twins she seemed to filter her anger and frustration into hitting the Bludger. Her fellow beater on the other hand was a bit of a mess. Jack Sloper tried but he had a tendency to accidentally hit the Bludger into his team mates. As for Danie. Well she wasn't all that bad but in her mind she didn't have to do much. It took her a bit to find the snitch but when she found it she was pretty quick to get it. She never really talked about practices with fed, George and Harry to spare their feelings. She knew they were much more passionate about the sport then she was. In all honesty she didn't really care about Quidditch but it ment alot to the people she cared about so you bet she was trying her hardest.

After practice the evening Hermione was waiting for Danie outside the girls changing room. "Oh, hello Hermione" Danie smiled at the young witch. "Ive been thinking about a way for everyone to hear Harry's side of the story" Danie looked at her curiously. "What have you come up with?" The 2 witches started to walk around the castle grounds. "Do you remember Rita Skeeter?" Hermione asked.
"Unfortunately" groaned Danie.
"Well remember how last year I figured out she was a unregistered Animagus" Danie nodded to show she was listening. "If we got her to interview Harry and write the truth about what happened last June we could reach a wider audience. "
"And get the truth out to more people. But the daily prophet won't post an article like that. They're under the control of the ministry"
"We won't be posting the article in the prophet" Hermione said with a big grin on her face. Danie raised a brow. "Luna lovegood's father runs a paper called the Quibbler"
"That might work. But your going to have to keep this a secret for Umbridge. The next Hogsmeade trip would be a good time to do the interview"
" Yeah that's what I was thinking. In the three Broomsticks. The five of us can meet there after Harry's date with Cho" Hermione explained.
"Harry has a Dante with Cho?" Danie asked in suprise.
"Yes. Didn't he tell you?" Hermione asked.
"No but telling your sister about your first date probably isn't a preference, but besides that I can't go. Angelina wants a full day of practice on the 14th" Danie said sadly.
"Why did you try out? you like Quidditch as much as I do"
"I'm doing this for Harry and for George. And to show up Umbridge that's gastly woman" Hermione seemed to understand this. The two of them walked back to the castle talking about Hermione's plan.