Battle at the Astronomy Tower pt2

Flashes of light shot through the dark and the dust, someone had. Spells where being shouted out. Danie could hear the sound of Ron's cry she finished off the Death Eater she was dueling.
"Ron!" She screamed into the dust. Danie ran through the dark corridor when she found a Death Eater standing over top of Ron.
"Cru-"
"Oppugon statue!" The knight statue behind Ron came to life and started to attack the Death Eater. Danie ran over to Ron.
"Are you ok?" She asked quickly.
"Yeah, bloody hell" Ron stared at the empty wall where the statue once stood.
"Where's Hermione?" Danie asked looking around.
"She went to get help" Ron told her. Danie nodded.
"Stay low" she instructed before running back into the smoke. She was rushed by a Death Eater.
"Stupify!"
"Neville! What are you doing here!" Danie asked in shock.
"I heard a commotion. " He told her.
"Neville I need to to clear this corridor of students, ok"
Neville nodded and ran off. A red light shot past her barely missing her. She shot back. She could hardly see who she was fighting. Before she knew it Hermione and Luna fell at her feet.
"Hermione, Luna are you ok?"
"I'm alright" she coughed. Danie casted another spell at her attacker.
"Locomotor mortis, in fine" Luna replied.
"I need you two to see if Severus is in his office."
"But Danie-"
"Please, go"
"Common Luna" Hermione and Luna ran off into the distance. It wasn't long until Tonks, Bill, Remus and an Aura Danie didn't recognize joined the fight.
"Nice of you to show up" Danie yelled holding off a death eater.
" Well we had to make a dramatic entrance somehow" Bill said fighting a seperate death eater.
"Will you two stop messing around!" Remus yelled.
"Yes Dad" Danie shot back. Danie realized that they were at the bottom of the Astronomy tower. She could edit see Draco in the darkness. A grunting sound came from beside her. Greyback was on-top of bill.
Danie let out a battle cry worthy scream that turned into a loud roar as she turned into her Animagus form and attacked Greyback knocking him off Bill. Danie wrestled Greyback in her bear form, on the floor of the corridors. Danie saw someone rushing past her, stepping over bills still body. Well she was distracted Greyback kicked her hard in the stomach, causing Danie to roll back. Greyback went to pounce when someone shot at him. It was Tonks. Danie had transformed back to her normal self, curled up on the ground. She crawled over to Bill who was holding the said of his face. Danie hovered her wand over his face and started to whisper incantations. The sounds of spells being fired back and forth echoed through the corridor. Hot tears started to stream down her face, her wand shook in her hand. Neville was leaning against the wall. Luna and Hermione weren't back yet. Ron and Ginny were still fighting with McGonagall, Remus, Tonks and the aura. Luckily the spells seemed to keep missing Ron and Ginny.
"Emendandum puto Sana contritiones
Emendandum puto. Sana contritiones
Emendandum puto Sana contritiones" she repeated over and over. Someone rushed fun the stairs and the death eaters followed. Remus tried to run after them but was blasted back by some sort of enchantment.
The quiet seemed to stretch on for a long time. No one moved. No one spoke. All that could be hurt or panting breaths and Danie's mumbled incantation. Bill seemed to have passed out, from impact or blood loss Danie couldn't really tell.
With a flourish Draco and Severus ran past them and down the hallway closely followed by death eaters and the fighting started up again. Throw the darkness Danie say Harry run by in a furry. She placed a magic sheild over Bill like she had for Hermione, Ron and the others in the ministry and chased after Harry. She called his name but he was too far ahead of her to hear. Bloody footprint could be seen on the corridor floor.
"Ms. Potter?!" Ernie exclaimed. As several other students where now in the halls looking shocked and afraid.
"Get to your common rooms immediately!" She commanded as she chased after Harry. She followed him into the Court yard and down to Hagrid's hut which was now engulfed in flames. Hagrid was outside yelling for fang. Somehow the death eaters had gotten infront of her and were fleeing into the forest with Draco. Harry was dueling with Severus. Danie wanted to run after Draco but stayed to help her brother. She flourished her wand at the older man.
Severus only blocked there advances. "Fight back you cowered" Harry screamed at him "fight back you cowardly--"
"Come, did you call me Potter? your father would never attack me unless it was four on one, what would you call him I wonder?"
Danie stuck to nonverbal spells well Harry kept shouting out every offencive spell he knew. Danie got a few hits.
" block again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed Potter" snared Snape, " come on now it's time to be gone before the ministry turns up" he yelled at a death eater just behind them. A death eater hit Harry it a spell sending him flying back.
Danie retaliated by dieting back.
"Crucio" Danie yelled out in pain and fell to her knees.
" No" roared Severus voice. Danie fell onto her hands. Her body tingling with the same pain as her scar. "Have you forgotten our orders. Potter belongs to the Dark lord we are to leave him! go! go!" Severus ordered.
"Sectum--"
Snape sent Harry flying backwards. Harry's one flew out of his hand far from reach as Snape approached him. "How dare you use my own spells against me Potter, it was I who invented them I, the Half blood Prince, and you turn my inventions on me like your filthy father would you! I don't think so" Danny tried to scramble to her feet but was unsuccessful the lingerie effect of the Cruciatus curse. Harry tried to grab him wand but was foiled by Severus.
"Kill me, then" Harry raged "kill me like you killed hum, you coward-"
"DON'T CALL ME COWARD" Severus made a slicing motion with his wand and red hot blood trickled down Harry's cheek.
"NO!" Danie shot at Severus with everything she had. Fighting him back away from Harry.
"DONT YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!" she screamed at him. Severus almost looked startled. He was struggling to keep up with Danie's attacks.
"SEND YOUR DEATH EATER'S! YOU TRY AND HURT MY FAMILY AND I'LL... I'll...!" She couldn't say it. She couldn't say that she would kill him. Did she have the capability to kill anyone? She realized she was now staring itno the darkness of the forest. They were gone. The death eaters....Draco... Severus. Danie's body felt numb. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry. It was a bad dream. It was just a bad dream... please just be a bad dream. But everything because much more real when she was faced with the sight of Dumbledore's body laying on the ground. If she didn't know better it looked as though he was sleeping.
McGonagall as the new headmistress along with the rest of the staff decided to keep the school open until Dumbledore's funeral. Many students were taken out of the school the next morning, reasonably. Everyone was out of the hospital wing except Bill who was still being looked after by Danie and Madam Pomfrey. Other that a new taste for rare steak he was they same as ever, add a few scars. Fleur's little argument with Mrs. Weasely seemed to have bring Remus to some sort of sense because Remus and Tonks were now much closer. He hair has also returned to a vibrant pink. The afternoon of the next day Fred and George arrived in the hospital wing. Fred and Bill joked and talked well Danie and George held eachother tight. After all that had happened and being so far away form eachother for so long, being in George's arms never felt so right. Fred and George got a room down in Hogsmeade along with many of the other witches and wizards that wanted to pay their respects to Dumbledore. Everyone from his oldest friend to Dolores Umbridge. Danie wanted to hex her where she sat but now was neither the time or place. Clearly she was not the only one to feel this way. A teary eyed Hagrid carried Dumbledore down the aisle and placed him carefully into a white coffin on the edge of the lake. A man dressed in black rose from his seat and stated to speak on Dumbledore's behalf. In all honesty Danie wasn't listening to what he was saying. A burning sensation filled her throat as hot tears pored from her eyes. George held her tight, she stated at Dumbledore's open coffin and very clearly she could see her parents, Sirius and Dumbledore himself. Clearly it was her imagination but the thought was oddly comforting. Now that she thought about it, the last funeral she went to was her parents. If heaven was real or wherever the dead went she hoped that they had all found peace. That they were happy.
As the merpeople started to sing their Danie could see the Centaur by the edge of the forest listening to the wizard preforming the ceremony.
As the ceremony ended people started to flood out. Yet many of those who where closer to Dumbledore stayed. Danie and George were taking a walk around the lake hand in hand. Danie stopped walking, the redhead stopped to look at her.
"I wish I could tell you too leave" she said in pained voice.
"Danie, what are you-"
"He's not going to stop until he gets Harry...and I imagine I'm a close second"
"Yeah so?"
"He'll use you all as a way to get to Harry and I....."Danie moved closer and placed a general palm on his cheek "the people we love most" George lovingly held her wrist so that she couldn't move her hand away from his face.
"I want to tell you to run" Danie looked into his golden brown eyes, tears starting to roll down her already tear stained face. "Too...too take Fred and Ron and Ginny and everyone somewhere...far..from here. To run and ever look back.. leave me here and go far far away... like Romania...you could stay with Charlie. ...yeah...you could stay with Charlie."
" I thought you would say something like that. You're sure as hell right I'm not leaving and I'm definitely not going to Romania, do you know how big of a git Charlie is. And I'd never leave you Danielle" Danie couldn't help but smile through tear felt eyes.
"I know" her voice still a bit shaky "that's why I'm not asking"
"But you just-"
"I said I wish, I've know you long enough to realize that you would leave even if I asked, even if that what will keep you alive" she held her heart racing and couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face. "Now that Dumbledore is..that he's...gone, things are going to change, I'm sure they are going get much worse. People are going to be tested and no where is safe anymore, I don't know who will live and who will die I don't know if I can save every. What if I have to chose between those I lo-mmf" George captured her lips in a kiss. Full of longing and love. George hands moved to Danie's waist pulling her closer. Danie's Handa fell to George chest. The bright sun shines down on them. Birds were singing. It was the perfect weather.
"I'm not the most serious guy, but trust me I have thought about this. I don't know everything but what I do know is that we can make it through this, together" Danie rested her head on his chest as he held her tight.
"It's a beautiful day"
"Yeah, it is"
Though neither would admit it they held eachother tighter than ever before not only from love but from fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I almost cried Reading the half blood Prince and my eyes got all watery wwriting this chapter, but i just want to say thank you all so much for reading and Liking.
~Robin ❤️