Detention

It was Tuesday morning. Danie was eating breakfast absent-mindedly. Harry had also gotten detention with Umbridge. He had another outburst, he needs to learn to control his anger. Angelina say down. Frustration clear on his face. " I told him I wanted the whole team there for the tryouts and he's gone and gotten himself detention!" She groaned. " It's not entirely his fault. Professor Umbridge it .....Besides Harry has alot on his mind at the moment. He would much rather be at tryouts then detention" Danie explained calmly. " I know I know. It's just first impression are everything and this is my first year as captain I want everything to go perfectly" " you'll make a great captain Angelina" she shrugged. The day went by pretty fast. She before she knew it she was back in the dorms working on her homework. Professor Snape wanted a essay on moonstone and it's property. McGonagall wanted them to practice transform your hair. Similar to what Tonks could do naturally. Flitwick had them working on an organization charm. Umbridge gave them an essay on chapter 2 of Defensive Magical theory. " It's NOT Excellent!" Danie heard Hermione yell from the common room. Danie walked downstairs and into the common room. " If you don't stop doing it I'm going to---"
"But us in detection?" Fred said.
"Make us write lines" George smirked. Hermione stood up straight. She had a fire in her eyes. " No" her voice filled with anger. " But I will write to your mother" Danie found herself placing a hand over her mouth to his her laughter. " You wouldn't" George sounded horrified. " Oh yes I would , I can't stop you eating the stupid things yourself but you're not to give them to first years" she shoved a clipboard and a paper bag into Fred's hands and left. Danie noticed the first years starting to wake up around her feet. " What did you do to them!" Danie glared at the twins . They and lee jumped a little, not noticing that she had entered the room. Danie kneeled down. " Are you ok?" She asked a small first year boy. " Yeah, just sleepy" Danie stood up. " If you can manage I suggest you all get to bed and sleep off whatever it is these three gave to you" the first years did as she suggested and left. " First years are you serious!" She stormed over to the three of them. " You're not siding with Hermione are you ?" Fred groaned. " Yes I am! You do not test you products on 11 year olds! 14 and up at least! But not first years!" " So you support us testing our products" George smiled. " Not on first years! " She turned and left. She had detention with Umbridge in an hour and she wanted to finish at least half of her homework before then. She had Harry left at around 5 to 5. "So McGonagall really offered you a biscuit when she found out?" Harry nodded his head. Danie couldn't help but laugh. " That's great. Did Angelina came and talk to you ?" " Talk isn't the word I would use" Harry groaned. " It's not like I wanted to get detention!" Harry flung his arms up in frustration. " Don't take it personally" Danie nicked on Umbridge office door. " Come in" the Potter siblings walked into her office. It was very pink and had a cat pictures covering every inche of the wall. " Good evening Potter's" " good evening Professor Umbridge" Danie greeted "evening professor Umbridge" Harry greeted. " Well sit down" their were 2 desks facing away from eachother. The 2 took their seats. "Er.... Professor Umbridge before we start I....er.. want to ask you a.......a favor"
" Oh yes?"
"well I'm.... I'm in the Gryffindor Quidditch team and I was supposed to be at the tryouts for the new keeper at 5 on Friday and I was wondering whether I could skip detention that night and do it another night... instead?"
"Oh no" Umbridge was smiling brightly. " Oh, no,no,no This is your punishment for spreading evil nasty attention-seeking stories Mr. Potter and punishment certainly cannot be adjusted to suit the guilty ones convenience. No you will come here at five o'clock tomorrow and the next day and on Friday too. And you will do your detentions as planned. I think it's rather a good think that you are missing something you really want to do. It ought to reinforce the lesson I am trying to teach you" Danie took in a deep breath and let it go. Chills running all over herself. " The only lies being told are those from the ministry. " Danie said calmly. She could feel Umbridge eyes staring at her. " As for you Ms. Potter I have a different lesson planned for you. You'll be written lines for me. Oh no you will not be using your quills. You will be using special ones of mine. " She handed them each a normal looking quill. A piece of parchment was placed on Danie's desk. " I want you to write , 'I must not tell Lies' Mr. Potter. And you Ms. Potter will be writing ' I will not speak ''. " How many times" Danie and Harry ask at the same time. " Oh, just until it skinks in. " Danie felt shivers run down her spine. "You haven't given us any ink" Harry said. "Oh you won't be needing it" Umbridge smiled . Danie let out a sigh. 'I must not speak' on the parchment. The quill wrote in red ink. Danie hissed as she felt a rush if pain on the back of her hand. She trained around to looked at Harry. " Turn around Ms. Potter" Umbridge said. " Is something wrong" she was looking at Harry. " Nothing" he responded with. She looked satisfied. Danie started to write 'I must not speak' over and over again on the parchment. " put girls having videos in a school setting for over a decade now. They were thought to be a crule form of punishment and that those of sane mind would agree that it should not be used on children" Danie spoke as though she was having a natural conversation " yes we'll desperate times call for despite measures" Umbridge spoke in her usual peppy voice. " I now see exactly where the ministry stands in the pursuit of our academics. And you'll be pleased to know that I fully intend to change my ways". Danie did not let out any noise of pain. She sat up straight and acted perfectly normally. " I'm very glad to hear that Ms. Potter." About an hour passed before she dismissed them. Once the where back in Gryffindor tower. It was completely empty Danie took Harry by his uninjured hand and made him sit in one of the armchairs by the fire. "Let me see" Harry handed her is injuried hand. She summoned some bandages and a cream. The same cream she used for his leg and arm after the Triwizard Tournament. Danie kneeled down information if the chair and gentally applied some of the cream to his hand. " We can't tell anyone about this" Harry said. " I know" Danie said grimly. She wrapped Harry's hand lightly with bandages. " You can take the bandages off in the morning. " Danie said softly. " Get some sleep ok" he nodded and stood up. " Thanks Danie". "anytime Harry" Danie applied some cream and bandages on her own hand before going to bed. Hiding the cream and bandages in her trunk.