Taking things up a notch

Danie only had one week's worth of determination well Harry had two. The wording on their hands now forever engraved into their skin. Bloody and raw. It would take some time to heal. Danie was still experimenting with the healing cream to help with the blood quill markings. It seemed to be quite helpful with healing the cuts themselves but it didn't quite have the desired effect that she was going for. Danie had to keep her hair wrapped all the time now. She used an illusion charm to make her hand appear normal.
Danie, Hermione and Ron were in the common room waiting for Harry. It was a little after midnight by the time he had finally made it back to Gryffindor tower. His hand bleeding badly. " I want you to soak your hand in this " Danie said placing a bowl of yellow liquid. " It's a solution of Murtlaps tentacles. It will help" Hermione explained. " Thanks" replied Harry. Taking a seat by the table and setting his hand in the bowl of liquid. " I still reckon you should complain about this" Ron said " I'm surprised Danie hasn't told McGonagall already" Danie sighed. "We can't tell anyone. Especially not McGonagall Ron. If Someone was to speak up against her, Umbridge would take action against them. We can't afford to drag others into this" Danie explained in a calm voice. "She's an Awful woman" Hermione's voice was small. " You know I was just saying when you came in..... we've got to do something about her"
" I suggest poison" Ron said grimly
" No, I mean something about what a dreadful teacher she is and how we're not going to learn any Defense for her at all" Hermione elaborated.
" How are we gonna do that? She's got the job and she's here to stay. Fudge will make sure of that" Ron groaned. Danie took Harry's hand out of the bowl and carefully dried it off, applied the cream and began to wrap as Hermione and Ron talked. " But this is much more important than homework" Hermione said. The three of them looked at her with suprise. She was serious about this.
" I didn't think there was any thing in this universe more important than homework" Ron said
" Don't be silly of course there is" Hermione had a clear fire in her eyes. She was determined and Danie loved it. " It's about preparing ourselves, like Harry said in Umbridge first lesson, for whats waiting for us out there. It's about making sure we really can defend ourselves. If we don't learn anything for a whole year-"
" We can't do much ourselves" Ron said sounding defeated. " I mean we can go and look up jinxess up in the library and try and practise them I suppose"
" No I agree, we've gone past the stage where we can learn things from books" Hermione explained. " We need a teacher. A proper one that can show us how to use the spells and correct us if we're going wrong"
" Though I think Remus would love to teach us Defensive spells. He is much to busy with the Order" Danie said, cleaning up her medical supplies.
" No no I'm not talking about Lupin" Hermione said
" Who then?" Harry's asked. Hermione let out a heavy sight. " Isn't it obviously, I'm talking about you two" The four of them fell silent. "What about us?" Harry asked.
" She means us teaching them Defensive Against the dark arts" Danie explained.
" That's an idea" Ron said
" What's an idea" Harry asked
" You two, teaching us to do it"
" But"
" I actually think it's a good idea Harry" Danie voiced her opinion. Harry looked at them all as if they were crazy. "But I'm not a teacher , I cant-"
" Harry, you're the best in our year at Defense Against the Dark Arts! And Danie knows just as much about the dark arts and Lupin!" Hermione said
" I wouldn't say that" Danie blushed with embarrassment. " No I'm not, you've beaten me at every test" Harry argued. " Actually no i haven't" Hermione said begrudgingly. " You beat me in our third year, the only year we both sat the test and had a teacher who actually knew the subject. But I'm not talking about test results Harry. Think about what you've done!"
" How do you mean?"
" You know what, I'm not sure I want someone this stupid teaching me" Ron and Hermione smirked. Danie smiled at them. She knew exactly where this was going. Ron and Hermione listed off all of the things that Harry had done over the years are Hogwarts. Harry denying all of them saying he got help or it was just dumb luck. Harry got fed up with there pursuit. He finally let out what he had been holding in. Harry had never thought of himself as the hero. For most of it it was luck not skill. He was permanently scared mentally and physically form his encounters with the dart arts. Hermione and Ron didn't know what to say. " We didn't.. we weren't....you've got the wrong end of this mate" Ron looked to Hermione " Harry, don't you see ? This......this is why we need you .....we need to know what it's r-really like....facing him... facing V-voldemort " that was the first time Hermione had said his name out loud. Or at all. The room fell silent once more. " Well..think about it , please" Hermione said quietly. She said her goodnights and went to bed. Ron wasn't far behind. " Coming?"
" Yeah.....in a minute" Ron walked up the stairs of the boys dormitory. " You know she means well" Danie spoke calmly. Her voice smooth. " Yeah but they don't get it. They don't understand what it's like-" " that's why they need us Harry. Why they need you." Harry looked up at her. Harry realized for the first time how different they looked. Danie's hair was a light Auburn could her big, round, hazel eyes. She always looked kind and welcoming. But they looked similar too. They both had similar bone structure. And pale skin. They were both small and think. And for the first time since Harry first met her he appreciated that Danie was his sister. He was her family by blood. She wasn't like the Dursleys. She was his Big sister, his family. His real family. " If we don't do something who will. We can't let what happened to us happen to others" Danie placed a gentle hand on Harry's cheek. " I've dreamt about that night. I always thought that it was a memory from when I was a baby but now I don't think it was my memory....I know it was yours" Harry's voice was much softer and quieter than before. " I don't know maybe. I don't really know how we are connected. I just know we are. But not everything has an explanation" Danie stood up. "Goodnight Harry". Danie went to go to bed " Wait" Danie turned around and was created by a hug from Harry. " Thank you" Danie smiled softly and pet his hair. " Always"