2: Back Home

When the flight attendant announced that we could unfasten our seatbelts and exit the plane, I unfastened my seatbelt and stood up to get my stuff inside the cabinet.

I tiptoed to get it but it was all too heavy and the cabinet was so high for me.

"Let me help.", Taehyung said.

"No. No. It's alright. I will get it myself."

He didn't listen to me. He took it for me and placed it down. "Here.", he smiled, his one hand on his hip.

"It's okay to rely on someone sometimes, y'know?", he said and I nodded with a small smile.

"Thank you."

"Let's go.", he said and my eyes widened.

I just stood there, not following him. So, he looked back to check on me. "Why aren't you coming?"

"I mean. You head out first?", I said, causing him to scrunch his brows.

"Why?"

"Cause! If we go out together, the media will assume that you are dating me.", I explained and he laughed.

"We aren't so it doesn't matter. I mean if you are scared of those assumptions, you can just not talk to me and walk by my side.", he shrugged.

"I mean— I mean—"

"Ayy. Just come.", he dragged me away from my wrist and I gulped, feeling so small behind him. His hands are so big. I knew they are big but the way his long fingers engulfed my fingers made my heart race.

Taehyung is so good at making new friends. I understood why he is called a 'social-butterfly'. Talking to him feels so natural.

He let go once we reached the plane's exit. The flight attendants waved us goodbyes and we exited the plane.

Taehyung didn't speak any further once we were out. But he was walking by my side. Not too close. Not too far. The same pace.

I understood why he was doing it. People were watching.

We were still together when we passed the immigration and baggage claim. We walked out of the arrival room and saw lots of people waiting.

"Oh my god. That's Kim Taehyung!"

"Taehyung oppa is here?!"

"He is so handsome!"

I heard multiple screams and squeals. Also, many girls immediately taking out their phones to take pictures.

I just nonchalantly walked behind him, acting like we don't know each other. The closer we approach the gates, my urge to look at him one last time becomes stronger.

So, I stole a glance at his side profile.

I love you. Goodbye.

And, that was how I parted ways with him, not even saying him a farewell.

He walked out of the gates while I searched for my best friend, Ji Yerin in the crowd. And I couldn't find her.

"Ugh. Where is she?!", I groaned.

After minutes later, I saw a familiar figure running up to me. I scoffed and placed my hands on my hips.