34: Insane

Taehyung dragged me to a small playground which is like five minutes walk from Jungkook's place. Here I was sitting on one of the swings, hands jittering.

Taehyung was sitting on the swing next to mine, both hands on the chains and was looking the other way.

The overbearing silence between us was killing me. It had been goddamn fifteen minutes!

SPEAK SOMETHING KIM TAEHYUNG.

I internally screamed. As if he heard my inner thoughts, I saw him facing my way from the corner of my eyes.

"So um.", he started and I turned to look at him, eyes meeting his. "Uh. What happened back there... I-"

He stuttered, looking frustrated. I raised my brows at his actions.

Spit it out!

"I-uh..", he stuttered again. "Y'know um-"

UGHHHHH

"You see-"

"Kim Taehyung, do you like me or not?", I snapped, growing impatient. The man blinked.

"Um, that was straightforward.", he gulped.

"What do you expect? You literally just said "At least let me ask her out properly first." and dragged me all the way here and chose to stay silent for whole fifteen minutes!", I let out frustrated.

"Minhee, I-"

"Also what was that in the living room?! Cause we both know it wasn't wrestling! Taehyung, I'm trying not to have my hopes high here. One second, you're all flirty and bold. And the next second, you're all hesitant! What do you want me to do?! Move on? Still like you?", I continued, confused and angered.

Like I had mentioned before, I hate feeling confused. It was never a feeling I'm fond of. It's absolutely directionless, waste of time and uncertain.

Now, this guy is making me feel that and I can't help but be angry with all my emotions being an absolute mess.

"You're too cruel...", my voice cracked, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Ah shit. I'm such a crybaby.

I looked away, covering my face with my both hands. I couldn't stop myself from crying. My bawling out continued on for like one minute until I felt a hand on my thigh.

I removed my hands off my face and looked down to see Taehyung crouching down on the ground, in front of me. He had that small smile on his face.

I then felt his palm against my cheek, my breath hitched at this simple touch. He wiped away my tears with his thumb.

"Will you hear out my part, Minhee-si?", he asked, his voice deep yet soft at the same time. I nodded in response.

"You're an amazing woman. I want you to know that first of all.", he said and I panicked.

Oh god. Is this one of those rejections where he'd go like you're too good for me so you deserve someone better?

If that's the case, then I don't fucking want it. It is so hard to move on when the guy tries to play a good guy.

"I met you on the plane. Get to know you. Somehow made you rumored as my sasaeng. But the problem was solved in the end of the day. Our connection should be it. That is where we should have stopped. But-"