44: Recall

"How-how could you?"

I said between my muffled cries, feeling my heart crumpled on the inside.

"Minhee, let me explain-"

"Explain what?! That you slept with another woman while you ignored my texts all night long and came back to fuck me in the morning?!", I shouted, more tears streaming down my cheeks. He went speechless.

"Taehyung, I trusted you.", I softly said, heart aching so badly. "I really did.", I mumbled the last part, a crying mess.

He watched me silently cry for a minute. He then walked closer towards me and tried to grab my hands, which I pushed them away.

"Hear me out please. I swear. I don't even know how I was on that bed with that woman. I don't even know who she is! Last night, I only remember that I passed out while-"

"Save it, Taehyung.", I cut him off, eyes glaring at him. "I saw you naked on the bed with some woman. Sleeping and hugging her. What excuse of yours can convince me?", I said, emotionless.

"Don't look at me with those eyes. Please, I can't take it.", he said, breathless. I caught a glimpse of his teary eyes and my heart crippled.

Right now, I do not want to see him.

I do not want to talk to him.

I do not want to hear him.

Cause the images of him sleeping with that unknown woman was the only thing I could think of.

I don't know what hurtful words I am capable of telling him, if he's in my sight.

"Leave."

My voice was barely above a whisper.

Taehyung looked hesitant. "Please leave. I can't stand seeing you right now.", I said, my head hung low. I didn't want to see his eyes.

The pain was unbearable for me.

"Okay. If that's what you want.", I heard his voice. I watched his footsteps and saw him walking away, his back facing me.

I finally looked up to check if he was out of my sight. The moment I did, he ran back towards and pulled me into a hug, surprising me.

He hugged me so tightly as his chin resting on my shoulder. His scent is so calm and soothing. I didn't like how I was starting to feel comfortable.

"Taehyung, let go.", I let out weakly, even though I was unconscious of how I was holding the hem of his jacket so tightly. My tears once again made their way down my cheeks, droplets falling onto his shoulder.

He embraced me tighter.

"I know you're in pain.", I heard his soft voice.

"You can punch me, slap me, curse at me, kick me, hurt me physically in every way you can right now but just don't hate me yet, Minhee.", he whispered into my ears, his free hand caressing the back of my head.

"Just-just don't hate me yet please.", his voice cracked and my heart broke.

"Know that I love you so, so much.", he said as he pulled away. He then planted a chaste kiss on my forehead while I was a sobbing mess.