3: Backlash

"Minhee, what the actual fuck?! How—", Yerin lost her words as her brain stopped functioning for a brief moment when she saw the news.

"V was on the same plane with you?", she asked, her voice lowered through the phone.

"Yes. Yes, he was.  His seat was even next to mine and I swear. It was pure coincidence! We even talked and stuffs but we decided not to anymore once we reached Korea, afraid that something like this would happen.", I sighed.

"We didn't even talk! We were just on the same fucking plane so it's normal for everyone to exit throughout the same path. I don't get why they assumed that I am a sasaeng just because I walked behind him?", I groaned, feeling fed up of the entire situation.

"But damn girl. You were checking him out so obviously.", she laughed, causing me to scoff.

"Oh, please. If it were Jungkook, you would practically jump onto him and scare the poor guy out of his wits."

"You're not wrong~", she giggled. "Anyways, what are you going to do about this though? Your face is clearly displayed in those photos."

"I don't know, Yerin. I absolutely don't know.", I sighed.

"Let's hope people don't recognize you.", she said.

"Yeah—"

My sentence was cut off when my phone flooded with hundreds of Instagram notifications.

"What's the matter?", my best friend asked but I couldn't respond to her. My eyes were on those mean messages and dead threats.

"We found you! Do you think you can just follow wherever a BTS member goes just because you are rich?"

"You are sick! You are not an ARMY. You are just obsessed with him."

"LEAVE THE BOYS ALONE. Someone like you don't deserve to exist! If you follow them one more time, we will take action! Don't underestimate us."

My breath hitched seeing all those messages as tears formed in my eyes.

"Minhee, you there?", she asked in a worried tone.

"Ye-Yerin.", I stuttered.

"What? What's wrong?"

"They found me.", my voice was barely above a whisper.

"What?! How?!", she yelled.

"They found my instagram.", I gulped.

"Holy shit. What did they say to you?"

"Mean stuffs. Dead threats—"

"This is insane! What the actual fuck?", I noticed Yerin's angered voice. "They are so stupid. Fucking media, creating every single shit into drama. Look, no need to feel sad or depressed about this, yeah? You yourself knows that you ain't a sasaeng. Those mean messages don't count."

"I-I know.", I managed to say.

"Good! Taehyung knows that you aren't one too so he will do something about it. Don't worry.", she assured.

"I hope so."

_______

The next day, I came downstairs to eat breakfast with my family. They were all in the dining room, waiting for me in their seats.

"Yo, sasaeng! How did your wooing go?", Minho, my brother teased and I just simply glared at him, before sitting down.

"Don't get mad, darling. You know your brother just loves teasing you.", my mother rubbed my back in soothing circles, causing me to sigh.