40: Tell you a Secret

Jungkook's p.o.v,

"She's going to hurt them real bad."

My eyes widened upon hearing those words. I furrowed my brows at her.

"Yerin-", I sucked in a deep breath. "What-what do you know that I don't?", I asked, chest tightening.

"I don't exactly know either , Jungkook! Your wife is crazy. You know that! I heard her saying she's gonna do whatever it takes to separate Minhee and Tae. I can't see my best friend getting hurt. She just recently fall in love again. I don't want to take away her happiness by worrying her. And-and-"

"Yerin, breathe.", I reminded, the girl getting all shaky and breathless. She listened, taking small breaths before continuing.

"I don't know what she has up in her sleeves. If Mina was a normal girl, I'd take legal action with the police. But- she's not...", she trailed off.

"Mina is a normal girl. What are you saying?", I asked, not getting her explanation.

"Jungkook-", she called, giving me a serious look. It made me anxious.

The situation itself is already fucked up. I could feel that there's something more fucked up than this.

"Mina is an illegitimate daughter of President of China.", she let out.

I froze for three seconds, staring at her. Then, I laughed. I laughed so hard.

"Yerin.", I called between my laughs, causing her to scrunch her brows at my actions. "You really are drunk.", I said, finally able to stop myself from laughing.

There's no way Mina is a daughter of China's president.

Why would a foreign president's child be a housewife of an idol, living in a humble condominium when she can enjoy all the other luxury?

Even if it's true, the information will be kept discreet.

How would Yerin, an ordinary blogger and citizen of Korea obtain this information?

"Jungkook! I'm serious! I'm sobered enough to tell you this!", she said. I patted her head, having that small smile on my face.

"Let me drop you off at your home afterwards. With you sputtering nonsense like this, I don't think it's safe for you to drive.", I said.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance as she ran her fingers through her hair from frustration. "Why won't you believe me?!", she yelled in anger.

"Cause you were drunk just a few moments ago. And let's say she really is Chinese president's illegitimate daughter. How can a normal citizen like you obtain this information, hmm?", I sighed.

I seriously want to drop this conversation already. It's not even funny. Mina being a daughter of President of China? God, no.

If she gets crazier, my only threat against her is I'll hand her over to the police. I really wanted to do that but I decided not to because I didn't want Ara to be a motherless child.

If she truly is, that means things are more complicated.

Yerin closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She looked hesitant for a second but finally spoke up.

"Look, Jungkook. I know it's going to be a lot for you to take in. But yeah, please don't react so much because I feel uncomfortable sharing this information about me with others.", she said, causing me to nod.

She then took her phone out of her jeans' pocket and went through her phone. All along, I looked at her actions. She then placed her phone right in front of my eyes, an image displaying on the screen.