45: Desires

I fell asleep in my room after exhausting myself from crying

I fell asleep in my room after exhausting myself from crying. It was night already when I woke up. I looked out of the window to see snow still falling and zoned out, mind blank.

However, my sore eyes reminded me of the incidents that happened this morning, everything flashing in mind once again.

My eyes dripped again with tears as my chin started to tremble again like a small child, drenching my pillow once again. I could hear my own sounds like a distressed child, raw from the inside.

I couldn't stop. Why couldn't I stop myself from crying?

"You're awake."

I heard a voice causing me to search for it. I saw Yerin standing by my door, a sad look on her face. She walked towards me and sat on the bed.

I sat up and hugged her as I started bawling out like a little child in her arms once again. She caressed my head as she rubbed my back in soothing circles. She tried to reach into my hollowness.

"Ye-Yerin, it hurts...", I choked on my tears, my cries echoing in my bedroom. She let out a sigh as she patted my head and waited for me to calm down a little.

After fifteen minutes, my cries transformed into soft sobs and hiccups. My body slightly trembling. She then pulled away to take a good look of my face.

"Tell me, Minhee. What happened?", she softly asked as she handed over a tissue to me. I sniffled and wiped my tears away. I pointed the envelope on my dressing table.

Yerin walked towards my dressing table and opened the envelope. Her jaws dropped when she discovered what's inside, eyes widened.

"Oh, Minhee.", she looked at me sadly, her eyes slightly tearing up too.

Tears streamed down my cheeks again but I wasn't trembling this time. "Yerin, I just-I gave him my virginity this morning.", I said, pain evident in my voice.

"And those pictures came into my mailbox a few hours later.", I silently cried.

"He said he'd spend Christmas night with me. He went out that night and promised to come back. But he didn't. He didn't even reply to any of my texts. But came and apologized me in the morning telling me he passed out drunk somewhere. I believed him, Yerin. I trusted him."

"Turns out he was sleeping with some other woman, making a fool out of me.", I finished off with a bitter smile.

I looked at Yerin's face and she looked frazzled, causing me to scrunch my brows.

Yerin is the type of person who'd throw a fit if she heard my boyfriend cheated on me because of her protective persona. But she looked rather puzzled, trying to put the pieces together.

"Yerin?", I called, causing her to snap out of her trance. "Huh?", she let out, mouth slightly opened.

"Oh, oh....", she trailed off, shaking her head. I furrowed my brows.