A New Beginning

Taylor Pov

"1989!" I shout taking the cover off revealing my album cover.

A Polaroid photo with part of my face unseen and my initials and birth year at the bottom.

"Now I think we should begin with why I decided to call this album 1989." I begin saying. "Would you all like if I started with that?"

The crowd and the comments on the livestream all go crazy for a minute prior to me continuing.

"So this album is different from everything else I have done before. This album is a pop album. I know switching genres is never really heard of in the music industry but I think for me you guys care more about the lyrics and the story than you care about the sound. I thank you for that. I thank you for the ability to be able to play around sonically and work with people I have been wanting to work with forever."

I then let that sink in for a moment before saying, "So I was thinking a lot about what to name this album. With the rebirth of my musical genre I decided to name it after my birth year. I also had a lot of sonically sounding noises that led to 80s influences. Even though I was only alive for the last 2 weeks of the 80s. So that is why this album is going to be called 1989."

"I cannot wait for you all to hear it on October 24th. Because you all loved I knew you were trouble and we are never ever getting back together so much and Max Martin, the executive producer with me on those songs, co executively produced this whole album with me."

With that I further more continue, "So today I am giving you all the first single from this album. So it's called Shake it Off and I am thinking I should just play it and we should all dance and listen to it."

I then get up and have one of the tech people begin the track and start dancing with the crowd of fans. When reaching the chorus I start dancing even harder and then when the bridge came along I made all these faces for everyone.

That just gave them so many memes, tumblr is about to be so fun later.

"So I also have a video for this song already." I say surprising them all once more.

Queen of surprises am I right?

"So the meaning of this song is every negative thing someone says to you you can laugh about. Like for my the media makes fun of how I dance during award shows. I know I can't dance but I find it so much fun. Award shows are all these amazing performers playing their best songs as a show for you and I am not going to sit in the front row and look bored. I am going to have the time of my life." I say, "So for this video we got a lot of professional dancers from ballet to hip hop and just put my smack dab in the middle, and so we are gonna play that now. Oh and there was 100 fans like the 100 of you that are here now that you will see at the end of this video who have been keeping this secret for months now and I am amazed by that."

I play the video for everyone and with that I say, "So 1989 is coming out October 24th, you can preorder it and I am so excited about it and ahhhh bye." Then I start laughing with everyone in the room.

...

Paige Pov

Taylor's yahoo livestream went really well. I talked with some of the daughters of mothers who were huge fans of Taylor.

The girls were really nice. I got all the typical questions I am used to answering by fans at this point. Questions like "how is it living with Taylor?" Or "do you like Taylor being your mom" or "do you miss being just a fan?"

The first question I always answer with "it's nice." The second I always answer with "somedays I do and somedays I don't but I am always grateful for her taking me in." And the third I answer with "no being her daughter and still being her fan if not her biggest right after Mama Swift is so much better."