I Don't Want to Do This

Paige Pov

I reluctantly open up the algebra textbook and clickbeen begin to copy directly from the book exae down.
It only takes me to get to the second example before I am completely distracted and begin drawing stars on the side in the margarin of the page.

"How's the math going?" Taylor says and it startles me.

"Um good. It's good." I say continuing to draw little stars in constellations without realizing that she is standing right behind me.

"Paige do I really need to sit right next to you for you to do the work." Taylor says picking up my notebook.

"No it's just I just I."

"Save it." Taylor says and then continues with, "bring your chair and your math book over to my desk. You can sit in front of me and do the work."

"No Taylor." I protest.

"What did you just say?"

Shit I shouldn't have said anything

"I said I said." I stutter knowing that she is mad by her tone.

"What Paige?!"

"I said no. I don't want to sit in front of you like that."

"You seriously think you have a choice?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Sometimes I just can't with you, you don't get a say in a lot of things currently after what you did last night. So bring the chair over. Stop drawing and do the math." Taylor yells and I know at that point she is really angry at me.

I don't say a word and I also don't move.

"Paige I am not afraid to find another private or public high school in New York or Nashville and send you to it." Taylor says rather sternly.

I keep up my rebelled front I don't say anything and just cross my arms.

"Is that what you want?" Taylor threatens once more.

I bring my eye contact from matching hers to the ground.

"I can call a school right now, and get you into it for tomorrow." Taylor continues to threaten.

"No you can't." I argue.

"Watch me." She says and picks up her phone from the desk and then continues with, "Since you are about a year younger to be starting high school it might be even easier to get you into a school fast."

Then I see her dial a number and before she puts the phone to her ear Taylor says, "You know I don't want to do this," she then exits the office so I can't hear the conversation.

As soon as she is outside the office I get up and start pacing back and forth.

She can't be serious?

Taylor won't send me to an actual school, she can't.

I pace for a little bit and then the fear of going to another private school sets in, and I drag my chair over to the front of Taylor's desk. I then pull my knees up to my chest and put my head down and cry.

Taylor's comes back about five minutes later opening the door and saying, "The private school down the street from here..." however she suddenly stops.

When she does I stutter amongst tears, "You you you you can't please don't make me I don't I will do anything I promise I just I."

Taylor then runs over to me and is able to pick me up even at the age of almost 13, and she carries my crying self to the living room and into the giant egg shaped chair in the corner.